Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I'm Proud of Baylor...

8,204 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by W
AgLaw02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Baylor waited WAY too long to act. They didn't release the investigative report, as a public school would have. They didn't fire the president or AD. They only fired 1 coach, even though the abbreviated summary report was absolutely clear that multiple coaches were intimately involved with the wrongdoing. Scratch that - they didn't even fire Briles. He's suspend with intent to terminate at some later date. They chose to name an interim HC who publicly said he was going to play a player just days before he was convicted for sexual assault (under Title IX, schools have to act based on a much lower "preponderance of the evidence" standard).

What about Baylor's actions indicates they are taking sexual assaults by athletes seriously? What about Baylor's actions is worthy of admiration?
FrontPorchAg
quote:
quote:
I'd love to hear how you know that Bennett helped cover up a rape.

I have as much evidence as I do on briles and most of the players that raped someone fell under bennet. It's naive to think a coverup of defensive players only included the head coach and not the DC.
I think the difference here is we are making assumptions where as the people doing the hiring and firing have actually seen the report.
FrontPorchAg
quote:
Baylor waited WAY too long to act. They didn't release the investigative report, as a public school would have. They didn't fire the president or AD. They only fired 1 coach, even though the abbreviated summary report was absolutely clear that multiple coaches were intimately involved with the wrongdoing. Scratch that - they didn't even fire Briles. He's suspend with intent to terminate at some later date. They chose to name an interim HC who publicly said he was going to play a player just days before he was convicted for sexual assault (under Title IX, schools have to act based on a much lower "preponderance of the evidence" standard).

What about Baylor's actions indicates they are taking sexual assaults by athletes seriously? What about Baylor's actions is worthy of admiration?
You think Starr is staying? If so why take away the President title?
AgLaw02
AG
No, I think he'll eventually be forced out with the rest of them. But he's still there now, and this thread is about someone being "proud" of how Baylor is handling this.
aTm2004
AG
I think Hawg said that by remaining with the university, they keep the university resources for anything legal that's sure to come.
Spica
AG
quote:
Hey, at least they aren't covering up murder this time. Improvement!!!

And as far as I can tell, to their credit none of the players has been accused of dancing, either, which would constitute a serious violation of university policy.
Muy
AG
Proud that Baylor realized it had no chance of winning over people through more lies and cover ups. Way to lead, fellas!
annie88
AG
quote:
You seem to have a sick and twisted concept of "pride". May I suggest you pick your words more carefully in the future? "I gained weight" isn't exactly a good metaphor for "I created an environment where lots of innocent girls got raped."
I don't believe Briles created it, but he didn't do much to stop it. The actions themselves are on those boys, but it being allowed to continue is on those boys and the coaches.
heddy Lamarr
AG
quote:
Hey, at least they aren't covering up murder this time. Improvement!!!
this
AFHorn
quote:
I honestly think they responded admirably to their institutional failures, and that their responses deserves our admiration.
Are you serious? You do realize they tried to do everything they could to not have to fire Briles, even though they had the report and knew what he had done? Instead they tried to put it all on Starr, releasing only excerpts from the report to fit their agenda. Starr didn't fall for it and publicly requested they release the full report, which they will eventually have to since they released part of it (dumbassery on their part). Only then did they realize they had no other choice but to fire Briles. There are several football asst. coaches that were also part of what was going on, and because those names haven't been released yet they haven't fired anyone even though they know exactly who and what. They're doing everything they can to save what they can of the football program, which is sickening. They're doing everything they can to keep recruits from leaving that haven't enrolled yet, instead of showing some damn accountability and cutting their losses and at least try to get some good will going. Instead, they're going to shat on those recruits and make them miss at least 1 semester of school on their way out and possibly kill their chances of signing with another team. If I were a Baylor recruit, I wouldn't want anything to do with that school either. At some point the NCAA will step in, as they did with the Penn State debacle, and will force Baylor to release them. Hell, even players that have been there and played should be able to leave if they wanted to. Baylor sowed their own fate, now it's time for the reaping.
W
AG
also the standard line about: "this could have happened anywhere" does not apply because Baylor is a private school --- not subject to the FOIA --- and can cover stuff up and hide information much easier. A state school would not have been able to do so to the same degree
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.