Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Was at A&M for some sales meetings today...a local complained about "the traffic"...

13,370 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GinMan
retribution_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I'm born and raised in Houston...I know traffic.

College Station traffic on Texas and University really can suck at times, with dumb kids and local rednecks thrown in the mix. Ten minutes at an intersection is the same ten minutes no matter where you are. Doesn't matter if it's Highway 6 in College Station or Highway 6 on the West side of Houston.

This man know. He know.
nwspmp
quote:
Tell us of your grand tales of what real traffic is.
New Delhi and Mumbai, India
Montego Bay, Jamaica
405 in Los Angeles
Washington D.C. (in a pickup truck cause the rental car guys said 'You're from Texas, you can drive this")

Those are my worst five.

Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Atlanta are right up there too.
TexAgs91
AG
I spent a couple of weeks in LA. Then after getting used to the traffic there, came back to Houston and thought "Where is everybody?"
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
It took me two hours to get out of College Station after the Alabama game this year. Traffic does suck.
85Photon
AG
If only our school could go to some traffic institute to assist College Station with these traffic problems....
VanZandt92
Pretty sure there was a tornado and flooding. So traffic was out of the norm
aeon-ag
quote:
...of College Station.

The traffic??!!

First time I ever heard that (apart from mudder lubbin' game day).
You don't live here, huh?
runontexas
AG
quote:
I'm born and raised in Houston...I know traffic.

College Station traffic on Texas and University really can suck at times, with dumb kids and local rednecks thrown in the mix. Ten minutes at an intersection is the same ten minutes no matter where you are. Doesn't matter if it's Highway 6 in College Station or Highway 6 on the West side of Houston.

Preach Harry Styles Lime
DrZ
AG
CS is listed as the 282nd largest city in the country. You are comparing its traffic to the top 10.
CS traffic is awful. Just accept it. The road system is not set up for this much traffic.
diablo sandwich
AG
Baton Rouge is impossible after a game ... Takes an hour just to get back to I-10
"Give me a diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper and make it fast I'm in a #***# hurry" - Buford T. Justice
HalifaxAg
AG
Highway 6 runs both ways.
ABATTBQ11
AG
1604 between Bandera and I-10
strbrst777
Having lived in Houston, Dallas and Birmingham (Hwy 280S is a bear) , CS traffic is a piece of cake. Having been to Atlanta and D.C. several times a few times, CS traffic is an afterthought. With those places, every day is like football game day in CS. I'll even take CS traffic over Paris, TX traffic on most days-especially on Lamar Ave at noon. Not knocking any of these places--just saying that on balance CS traffic is a breeze most of the time.
AgCPA
AG
i have never experienced traffic worth complaining about in CS except game day, but i dont complain about gamedayd as the traffic isnt bad considering the number pf cars in a community not really set up for that
ffco
Hwy 6 backs up both ways!
MaroonStain
AG
I have almost all of your list checked except SF and NYC at 10PM. NYC is bad at 3PM.
GinMan
AG
I want to personally thank everyone that endures the terrible traffic in the larger cities... Without you, the cubicles would never get filled... Please stay and continue, even though you have other options.
Sincerely,
Small Town Texas
GinMan
AG
quote:
I want to personally thank everyone that endures the terrible traffic in the larger cities... Without you, the cubicles would never get filled... Please stay and continue, even though you have other options.
Sincerely,
Small Town Texas
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.