Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Thank you Mike Sherman

16,558 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jickyjack1
Nibblerweather
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is all
OdessaAg
AG
Strange.

Why not thank Fran and Slocum??
chipotle
Nibblerweather
AG
quote:

Infinitely better than bringing down the whole university through rape cover ups. Sherman is a good man. 2012 simultaneously revealed how good and bad he was as a game day coach. Hell of a guy though, that can't be taken away.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:

He set us up for a lot of success those first couple of years under Sunlin, so we ought to say thank you for his ability to identify talent and attract that talent to Aggieland.

Certainly couldn't get the team to always perform well on game day.
greg.w.h
AG
There are many things that Mike Sherman did that haven't embarrassed the University. For example, his strategy for building an Offensive Line U. (which Bill Byrne directly supported) led to some impressive offensive performance and carried over as an effective unit to Sumlin.

I don't think Sherman cut any corners ethically or professionally, either. That isn't exactly laudable: it's the absolute minimum expectation. You should never get praised for meeting minimum expectations, though I understand the impulse.
I already have a dog
AG
Singling out Sherm for your gratitude is odd. Thank you every coach in the history of football except Briles and Paterno would have been a better thread title.
AggieTFA06
AG
I appreciate Mike Sherman for beating baylor in our final 2 games and sticking it to Briles. Winning at Kyle Field North and winning at home.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
VanZandt92
quote:
There are many things that Mike Sherman did that haven't embarrassed the University. For example, his strategy for building an Offensive Line U. (which Bill Byrne directly supported) led to some impressive offensive performance and carried over as an effective unit to Sumlin.

I don't think Sherman cut any corners ethically or professionally, either. That isn't exactly laudable: it's the absolute minimum expectation. You should never get praised for meeting minimum expectations, though I understand the impulse.

My expectation is that Aggies know how to use the colon and semicolon.
jickyjack1
quote:

Praised? Maybe, maybe not depending on the situation. Appreciated? Without question.

Sherman swept out a lot of corners.
Reginald Cousins
S
Inb4eggies.
JAggie2007
AG
Are we really still doing this?
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
****ty threads
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
edit for behavior improvement
Buford T. Justice
AG
The OP's point is related to potential pickups.
CEPhD
AG
Sherman was so puzzling to me. He was gifted, maybe the best the Aggies have ever had, at building a program. At the same time he was maybe the worst in-game coach known to mankind.
Science Denier
AG
Thank you Jackie!!!
Ervin Burrell
AG
Good God what an idiotic thread. If you're going to thank Sherman for not doing what Briles, did there's about 120 other FBS coaches you could start a thread for too.
The Agly Duckling
I agree with the OP. Sherman had integrity and character, and helped our young men, Miller, for one, become better men. Proud he was our coach.
Sharpshooter
AG
Thread Save.

Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
Thread Save.

Not really.
Nibblerweather
AG
What bugs you? Maybe the eyebrows ? Or the Howard Johnson Hotel backdrop?
Thor77
AG
Thank you Mike Sherman for introducing Jim Turner to A&M in the first place.
Sid Farkas
AG
Thank you Mike Sherman...

...for leaving
milner79
quote:
Singling out Sherm for your gratitude is odd. Thank you every coach in the history of football except Briles and Paterno would have been a better thread title.
You say "Paterno," I say "Patrino" ...
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
What bugs you? Maybe the eyebrows ? Or the Howard Johnson Hotel backdrop?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

quote:

Infinitely better than bringing down the whole university through rape cover ups.
He would only have covered up the first halves.
Spyderman
AG
quote:
Are we really still doing this?
zephyr88
AG
quote:
quote:
Thread Save.

Not really.

Lady Boy
Tango Mike
We should start a thread thanking every person in history who didn't cover up violent crimes.

Thank you, early American pioneer named Edward!
Jarrin' Jay
AG

Jarrin' Jay
AG
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
We should start a thread thanking every person in history who didn't cover up violent crimes.

Thank you, early American pioneer named Edward!

That classy Edward was such a classy pioneer so full of class, we should be lucky just to have somebody as classy as classy Edward the classy in our class of classiness. Sure, he was slaughtered by Injuns, but only because he was too classy to run up the score so he quit halfway through the fighting.
Right Rigger
quote:
Thread Save.

Is that a tumor on her chest?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.