Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ken Starr out at Baylor?

30,399 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by duffelpud
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
The regents can only fire the President. They can tell the president to fire Briles. Briles can only be fired by the President. I would assume right now that the new President would fire more.
Of course, that's if this report about Starr being fired is true.
Perhaps the BOR knew Starr wouldn't fire Briles, so they voted to fire Starr leaving the first order of business for the interim president to fire Briles.
I'm guessing the appointment of an interim president will happen about December of this year and Briles's departure will largely depend on which bowl game they go to, and whether they win or not....
oragator
quote:
Recent update from the depths of Baylor:

Starr to land position at Baylor Law.

Being dead serious. Just rumor for now, but coming from Baylor folks.

hope no one in the law school tries to report a rape.
Cancelled
AG
quote:
quote:
I knew so many self righteous *******s that went to Baylor. They were the ones that wore the Jesus shirts and crap, but would screw you any way possible to gain an advantage. In my opinion, that is Baylor.

You don't sound bitter at all...

I am in no way trying to hide my hatred of these types of people. I'll reaffirm it if you'd like.
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
quote:
quote:
I would like to point out that not all Baylor students feel Art should be saved. My sister, who is a Baylor student, wants not only he, Starr, and McCaw fired, but the football program to be eliminated because this scandal has hurt the school's reputation. I have a number of friends who attend Baylor who feel the same way.

For the record, I despise Baylor more than most, but there are some reasonable people at that school too.

Baylor student here.. The entire culture has changed since Briles has begun winning, and not for the better. I hope he is let go, not because I despise him, but for the well being of my colleagues and friends.

Interesting. Can you expand on what you mean by the culture changing?
I'm assuming its similar to how Tech fans became so nasty during Leach's time. While people here have fallen in love with his humor and sarcasm since he left coaching, he acted like a spoiled brat and the culture built up. I had Tech friends that would apologize before we even played because they knew how they'd act. I went with one set of Tech friends to the game against SMU (2013?). At their request we left at halftime, when they said things would get worse. Sure enough, there were many problems in that game on the field and in the stands.

Baylor has built up this culture in a way similar to Tech in the 90s. Baylor was arguably the worst football program from the current Power 5 conferences before Briles, so they haven't learned how to win gracefully or set standards on winning.
Macarthur
That's interesting.

BTW, don't go to that baylor fans site. I got a virus.

Not to mention, it's truly amazing how in denial they are.
GoneGirl
AG
I was just kind of proud of how this turned out for a Briles thread a while back, so I'm gonna use it again....

Bobaloo
Deserves it for many reasons including the attempted blocking of A&M to the SEC.
Mike Elko
AG
BTW, don't go to baylor. I got a virus.

FIFY.
Agsrback12
Reports out now saying that star rumor not true. Thanks Chip. Lol
67walkon
Ken's got a new gig. Bill Clinton offered him 7 digits to come out publically about what a wonderful reformed man he is.
merch
Nobody cares. People want Briles out and based on what we know so far he should already be fired. Think of how much more we don't know! Unreal story out of Waco. Then again didn't they have a coach that tried to cover up a murder or something?
vander54
S
quote:
Reports out now saying that star rumor not true. Thanks Chip. Lol

I can't find any reports. All are still saying he is fired and Baylor is not commenting until June 3
ColoradoMooseHerd
All a conspiracy by Clinton folks to get Kenneth Star back for Whitewater. He is lucky he is alive
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
Baylor not commenting on reports of President Kenneth Starr's firing

If you aren't going to fire him, you say you aren't going to fire him. He gone.

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
Baylor not commenting on reports of President Kenneth Starr's firing

If you aren't going to fire him, you say you aren't going to fire him. He gone.

Precisely.
Bryanisbest
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I would like to point out that not all Baylor students feel Art should be saved. My sister, who is a Baylor student, wants not only he, Starr, and McCaw fired, but the football program to be eliminated because this scandal has hurt the school's reputation. I have a number of friends who attend Baylor who feel the same way.

For the record, I despise Baylor more than most, but there are some reasonable people at that school too.

Baylor student here.. The entire culture has changed since Briles has begun winning, and not for the better. I hope he is let go, not because I despise him, but for the well being of my colleagues and friends.

Interesting. Can you expand on what you mean by the culture changing?
I'm assuming its similar to how Tech fans became so nasty during Leach's time. While people here have fallen in love with his humor and sarcasm since he left coaching, he acted like a spoiled brat and the culture built up. I had Tech friends that would apologize before we even played because they knew how they'd act. I went with one set of Tech friends to the game against SMU (2013?). At their request we left at halftime, when they said things would get worse. Sure enough, there were many problems in that game on the field and in the stands.

Baylor has built up this culture in a way similar to Tech in the 90s. Baylor was arguably the worst football program from the current Power 5 conferences before Briles, so they haven't learned how to win gracefully or set standards on winning.

Leach is fun but Briles is an as*****!
Joan Wilder
AG
Starr and McCaw (?) are the two responsible for the lack of a competent Title IX department. The AD should have been fired after the way he handled Uwachuku's victim, a Baylor student-athlete who was hung out to dry while they kept her rapist on scholarship.

Briles made the decisions to suspend players for weed, and not suspend players for sexual assaults. He made the decisions every day that allowed a culture and mindset on his team that violence against women would be tolerated. It's repugnant that his win-loss record and the fear of a tarp-covered empty $300million stadium are protecting him.
riverrataggie
AG
But what's gonna happen to that stupid hgtv show who remodels places for twice the price? They are the true victims here.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
But what's gonna happen to that stupid hgtv show who remodels places for twice the price? They are the true victims here.
They need to get rid of the Baylor references, t-shirts and hats? Lost me as a viewer and I watched that show often.
gaudiz
AG
But i wanna see balyor keeps beating tu down in the cheap conference. Would it be possible without Briles?
marble rye
AG
quote:
The regents can only fire the President. They can tell the president to fire Briles. Briles can only be fired by the President. I would assume right now that the new President would fire more.
Of course, that's if this report about Starr being fired is true.

Time for aggies to pull together and buy another billboard in Waco?
riverrataggie
AG
Just put up a billboard with a rape hotline number that goes straight to the schools admissions office.
ClassOf17
quote:
But i wanna see balyor keeps beating tu down in the cheap conference. Would it be possible without Briles?

Pretty sure the Guy Morris Bears could beat Texas right now
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Didn't the horns beat y'all this year?
Haricougar
AG
quote:
So Baylor considers Briles more valuable.......interesting.
They are not firing their Moses.
West-0-ag
I wonder what the most famous Baylor grad in history has to say about it or will he have a special with the victims on his show?

What do you have to say about it DR Phill?

Hypocrit
ClassOf17
quote:

Indeed.

Fwiw, I despise both teams.

Born an Ag and will always be an Ag
Bottlehead90
AG
If art was caught in a hotel room with a young boy AND a dead hooker those idiots would arrest the young boy for the murder and give art a contract extension.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Indeed.

Fwiw, I despise both teams.

Born an Ag and will always be an Ag

T-shirt fan, or actual student? FWIW, I am okay with it either way.
Rossticus
quote:
Just put up a billboard with a rape hotline number that goes straight to the schools admissions office.

Or simply, "NO MEANS NO"
Ft Worth Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Chip on XM 84 College Sports Radio now saying his sources said its official that Star is out.

Sports illustrated along with several other are reporting it as well.

During the latest realignment drama, how many of those organizations reprinted Chip's stories as the truth? UT-Austin going to PAC12, A&M one of those four teams to PAC12, A&M had no SEC offer and will go where UT-Austin tells them, etc.
htownag10
AG
I think we can start s gofundme for the billboard. It'll be one no one on Texags despises haha
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
Starr and McCaw (?) are the two responsible for the lack of a competent Title IX department.

So does anyone really think this technical violation (to the extent there was one) is going to be the way Baylor tries to worm their way out of this by firing Starr and maybe McCaw but not Briles? The gist would be something like, "since they didn't have this department as they should, Briles wasn't aware of the seriousness of the allegations..." And since Briles suspended or kicked every one of these players off the team but they remained at Baylor.... oh, wait. That didn't happen.

OK, after writing that, I realized that's too stupid to even contemplate. I'm at a loss for another related explanation.

What could POSSIBLY be the (non-football game winning) argument for firing Starr and not Briles?
Ags #1
AG
Winning a sbitload of football games is the answer
AgCat93
AG
Spotted on Facebook moments ago -

Breaking: Like many graduates from the College of Liberal Arts, Judge Starr is leaving Baylor without a job.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.