Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I'm starting to drink the maroon kool-aid...

14,309 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by sharpdressedman
SarcasmAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The more I look at this team, the more I think it could be a very special year. The emerging leadership of T. Knight, a proven coach that can solidify our O-line, and year two of the Chavis defense lead by a fierce pass rush...

Somebody quick... infuse me with some BAS to balance me out.

TIA
Ozamataz Buckshank
AG
Mostly Peaceful
22 of 53, 179 yards, 0 tds, 4 ints
millertyme
AG
Username checks out!
tamu80
AG
The Kool-aid is always sweet this time of year.

It turns bitter sometime in October or November.
chipotle

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Schrute
strbrst777
I've for several year done well with pre-season W/L record predictions. As for this year, I'm not predicting 6-6 or 7-5. If better than 7-5, I'm in "Show me/Prove it" mode. We can book three wins right now (PV, NMS,UTSA). Probably favored by 7 or less against SC, AR, MSS and Auburn. Early line against UCLA is tossup. Underdog by 7-10 against TN, AL, LSU and MS. I'd love 9-3 or better.., and really want to see it. But for now, it's show me and I'll believe it!
Citizen Reign
quote:
I've for several year done well with pre-season W/L record predictions. As for this year, I'm not predicting 6-6 or 7-5. If better than 7-5, I'm in "Show me/Prove it" mode. We can book three wins right now (PV, NMS,UTSA). Probably favored by 7 or less against SC, AR, MSS and Auburn. Early line against UCLA is tossup. Underdog by 7-10 against TN, AL, LSU and MS. I'd love 9-3 or better.., and really want to see it. But for now, it's show me and I'll believe it!
Sure you have
Matsui
AG
Leadership and moral high ground doesn't necessarily win games.
JonSnow
And so goes the circle of life.....
SarcasmAg08
AG
This is the year, everybody.
vander54
S
I think the team has a chance to shock a few people. I wouldn't be surprised if we compete for the SEC West. At the same time we have not proven we can keep it together for the entire year to pull it off. So I wouldn't be shocked with 7-5 or 12-0.

Ok 12-0 would shock me more than 7-5.
Schrute
In the past, the football seasons I've enjoyed the most are the ones where I've gone in with very low expectations. Therefore, I should enjoy the hell out of 2016.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
2thFixinAg
ClassOf17
Wait, it's next year already?!
Ag Tag
We'll slap Auburn around with our junk.
mcag83
AG
In
Lateralus Ag
AG
Little early yet, but I will allow it. These "we have a shot at being really good" usually show up around June 1 or so.
_mpaul
AG
Wow, I didn't realize it was already July!
THEamc
AG
up-n-aTm
AG
The Zoo in May:

schwack schwack
AG

merch
This team is going to need heroic efforts across he board to be good. Brutal schedule to start the year. 1 returning OL starter (which means last year back ups not good enough to beat out bad members on OL...yes I know we have a new OL coach and that will help but don't kid yourself, line does not have sufficient talent as we have missed on virtually all of our top guys last few years).
We really have no idea what our QB play will look like.
Defense has to step it up and win a few games for us or this team liked doesn't get 6 wins.
Hard to see any situation this team has more than 8 wins so if that is your Koolaid you might be ok.
Always good to be positive but if that causes you to be let down then I suggest you tap the brakes.
texancanuck11
quote:

What the hell am I watching and why can't I stop?
JD05AG
AG
technoviking
AG
quote:
This team is going to need heroic efforts across he board to be good. Brutal schedule to start the year. 1 returning OL starter (which means last year back ups not good enough to beat out bad members on OL...yes I know we have a new OL coach and that will help but don't kid yourself, line does not have sufficient talent as we have missed on virtually all of our top guys last few years).
Defense has to step it up and win a few games for us or this team liked doesn't get 6 wins.
Hard to see any situation this team has more than 8 wins so if that is your Koolaid you might be ok.
Always good to be positive but if that causes you to be let down then I suggest you tap the brakes.
vander54
S
quote:

Actually this team needs to keep it together and we will do fine. That has been our problem we can't go a full season yet. If we keep it together and the drama stays away we will do fine. Defense will probably be in the top 30, maybe better if our LBs show up. Our offense will do no worse than last year so that should get us 7 wins at least.
vander54
S
quote:

Actually this team needs to keep it together and we will do fine. That has been our problem we can't go a full season yet. If we keep it together and the drama stays away we will do fine. Defense will probably be in the top 30, maybe better if our LBs show up. Our offense will do no worse than last year so that should get us 7 wins at least even with drama.
aggieaviator
AG
We are out of whiny brat qbs so we have that going for us.
Demo_Slug
AG
my biggest concern was the O-Line. But, then chief said the OL is better. I believe Chief, thus I'm optimistic.
aggie_fan13
AG
pass the weed
knoxtom
Bad ol, bad lb, not excited about qb and the toughest schedule in the nation spells 6-6 for me
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.