Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Wow, Tim Brando on Finebaum...

20,913 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by EVA3
ANSC Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saying that Tunsil was taken advantage of by adults in his life because he was disadvantaged and didn't know any better. Said Ole Miss most likely isn't at fault because they weren't aware of the instagram account. What a crock. Basically they aren't guilty because they finally weren't able to keep it all under the rug. Spin, spin, spin. Too much crap to put in a post. Just listen to the interview if you can. All people involved including broadcasters, coaches, etc. playing dumb so they don't have to admit what makes their industry tick. The house is on fire and they want to pretend that it was a planned marshmallow roast.

Discuss.
dixichkn
AG
No need to. I think you pretty much covered it.
ironmanag
AG
Kid all but admitted he wanted to go to bama, but ole miss gave him an "offer" he couldn't refuse.
hunter2012
AG
This is the moment of truth for the NCAA, if they can't deal punishment when a case like this falls in their lap then to hell with amateur status of the college athlete. If the NCAA doesn't care that teams can blatantly cheat why should anyone else?
swc93
AG
quote:
Saying that Tunsil was taken advantage of by adults in his life because he was disadvantaged and didn't know any better.

I read that as thinly veiled racism by Brando.
Spica
AG
The NCAA needs to put an end to this stuff once and for all or fold up its tent and go away. There really is no middle ground here.
ANSC Ag
AG
Agree. Gift wrapped on a silver platter. It really is now or never. It's been a long time since SMU and the general consensus is that no one will ever get the death penalty again. Without that possibility, schools will operate without fear of serious penalty. If no fear, then no compliance. If no compliance, then why pretend that there is.
SportAggie
AG
One of Brando's daughters went to Ole Miss... FYI.
The Collective
AG
Read Brando's twitter responses with fans. It is pathetic. Lost a ton of respect for him over this incident.
Spica
AG
Put a five-year ban on bowl games, so that no player on campus will ever play for a championship. That will be more effective in limiting recruiting than scholarship limits.
ANSC Ag
AG
Agree, that would probably provide the desired effect.
Cabbage
AG
I get the impression that the NCAA doesn't want to do any real damage unless their image is on the line. So, this should be good.
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
This is the moment of truth for the NCAA, if they can't deal punishment when a case like this falls in their lap then to hell with amateur status of the college athlete. If the NCAA doesn't care that teams can blatantly cheat why should anyone else?

The NCAA had a statement signed by Corey Maggette that he took money from an "agent", rendering him ineligible to play at Duke...but he had played anyways, and all those games should have been retroactively forfeited like in other similar cases.

The NCAA did nothing.

There have been plenty of moments of truth for the NCAA. Something may be done, but this will come and go until the next moment of truth.
petroag123
AG
You guys do realize they aren't the only players in college football that are paid right... Hint hint
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
You guys do realize they aren't the only players in college football that are paid right... Hint hint

Yep. Everybody is paying players. Damn well should be, too. The "amateur" system we have now is a complete crock of ****. When all the adults professionaly involved with maintaining the status quo make millions, it's unethical to exclude the players from a share of the billions they generate. That's doubly true when you consider that football is incredibly violent , which 1) risks players' future earning potential for nothing and 2) frequently causes medical problems that can be extremely expensive to treat over a lifetime.

Screw the NCAA and their president who makes millions managing "amateur" athletes.
Spica
AG
quote:
I get the impression that the NCAA doesn't want to do any real damage unless their image is on the line. So, this should be good.

The SMU death penalty was such a disaster that was so full of unintended consequences that the NCAA is afraid to act harshly. The solution is to structure the penalty so that it targets the offending institution with as little collateral damage as possible. Let them play the games. Let them be on tv. Let them receive the revenue from those. Impose a lengthy bowl ban and prohibit them from receiving any conference bowl game revenue sharing. Make it hard on the cheater but not on any teams they play.
dreyOO
My worst fear is Hugh Freeze ends up in Austin. A sanctimonious cheat...perfect fit for the NCAA to keep looking the other way.
TMartin
Freeze could always work at Baylor.
oragator
quote:
Read Brando's twitter responses with fans. It is pathetic. Lost a ton of respect for him over this incident.
He has always been a self righteous opinionated jackass.
You all didn't see it as much because he was mostly cloistered down in the SEC, but his talk show, even his broadcasts have always been laced with more about what he knows and what he will give his commentary on than what he is covering.
Just a typical ego driven narcissist who think because he spends time around sports he is special, even if he has never worn a jock strap in his life.
EVA3
AG
I loved it when SMU got the death penalty, but having seen the aftermath, I agreed that it should never happen again to anyone. In most cases, I still think so. Recent developments have convinced me that it should be reserved for folks like Penn State and Baylor.
Citizen Reign
quote:
Kid all but admitted he wanted to go to bama, but ole miss gave him an "offer" he couldn't refuse.
If that's what it takes for all the studs to not end up at Bama, I'm all for it.
greg.w.h
AG
The administrators at the NCAA make too much money to destroy their own jobs. The organization is the typical self-regulation: just enough to prevent REAL government regulation.
Citizen Reign
quote:
The administrators at the NCAA make too much money to destroy their own jobs. The organization is the typical self-regulation: just enough to prevent REAL government regulation.
So the NCAA is the twin brother to Congress.
ShaggySLC
quote:
Freeze could always work at Baylor.
This is what will happen. Briles and Freeze fired just to replace each other.
45-70Ag
AG
Brando has ties to ole miss. His daughter goes there.
John Francis Donaghy
quote:

Yes, because without the ncaa we would have the College Sports Department, headed by the Secretary of College Athletics.

Do you think at cabinet meetings they would get seated by the cool people like Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense, or at the back of the table with the losers like Interior and Education?
cevans_40
AG
quote:
quote:
Saying that Tunsil was taken advantage of by adults in his life because he was disadvantaged and didn't know any better.

I read that as thinly veiled racism by Brando.

You would
BrandoC
AG
Paul Finebaum is the biggest joke in sports radio. Why do you listen or watch that bull****?
TwoTimeAg
AG
quote:
My worst fear is Hugh Freeze ends up in Austin. A sanctimonious cheat...perfect fit for the NCAA to keep looking the other way.
The NCAA already has looked the other way at what has gone on in Austin for decades...
Old Sarge
AG
"Moment of truth for the NCAA"

ROLMAO till I chuckle to sleep. Content in NO FEAR.

After SMU, they are Gutless when it comes to any program that is perceived as "important" to any given state of the union.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
quote:
One of Brando's daughters went to Ole Miss... FYI.

And now works in the Ole Miss athletic department.
William Larue Weller
AG
quote:
The NCAA needs to put an end to this stuff once and for all or fold up its tent and go away. There really is no middle ground here.

Everyone does this. I think the priority should be to stop programs from having a rampant rape culture. NCAA should send a message.

Give Baylor the death penalty.
ashley
quote:
quote:
He has always been a self righteous opinionated jackass.
You all didn't see it as much because he was mostly cloistered down in the SEC, but his talk show, even his broadcasts have always been laced with more about what he knows and what he will five his commentary on what he is covering.
Just a typical ego driven narcissist who think because he spends time around sports he is special, even if he has never worn a jock strap in his life.

So he is opinionated.
BrandoC
AG
Not only that but the guy truly knows nothing about sports. I decided to listen to him one time and people asked him about either baseball or basketball and all his answers where " yea they are good" then tries to switch to another subject. What a complete freaking joke! The show makes you dumber after watching it for 1 minute.
aglaes
AG
I hate to see the ALL the players get punished for what coaches, boosters and a few players do.

Fire the coaches involved and ban them from coaching in the NCAA for a period of time.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.