Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

12th Man Foundation Q&A Topic - Seat Relocation & Seat Selection

6,298 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by exp
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From TexAgs Sponsor, 12th Man Foundation:

Here at the 12th Man Foundation we get a lot of questions that many TexAgs users have in common. The seat relocation and seat selection process begins on June 1 and we are using this forum to address questions and concerns leading up to the first appointments. Submit your questions and we will compile the list and get answers out in the next two weeks.

The topic is Seat Relocation & Seat Selection
Just a few pointers to keep this thread helpful for everybody:
*Limit of two questions per poster
*Questions should be on the topic for that month

We look forward to hearing from you all!
Mark Riordan
Vice President - Marketing & Communications
mark@12thmanfoundation.com
979-260-7989

Join the 12th Man Foundation.
www.12thmanfoundation.com
FiredUpAg
Will there be an email go out to donors about this, or do we need to get our info from TexAgs, or has an email already gone out to donors but the spam filter issues from two weeks ago haven't been fixed yet?
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
quote:
Will there be an email go out to donors about this, or do we need to get our info from TexAgs, or has an email already gone out to donors but the spam filter issues from two weeks ago haven't been fixed yet?
I'm sure the 12th Man Foundation has other means of communication (via email, social media, their website, etc), but they have made the decision to use this forum as an ADDITIONAL means of communication with those who they would like to get feedback from.

TexAgs has always been a great way to share messages and get feedback from the Aggie community and this post shows that the 12th Man Foundation is using all avenues and resources to obtain questions about seat selection and relocation and other topics, so they can better inform and educate a large number of people at once.

I'm sure you're a FiredUpAg () when it comes to this topic, but I would like for you to understand that the 12th Man Foundation is reaching out to you and everyone on this website in order to better serve you.

I would take advantage and ask the questions you would like answered (pertaining to the topic at hand). If you have other questions about other topics, Mark has given you his contact information and he would gladly take your call.

Pro Ag
AG
I got the email yesterday morning.

You should also have a new notification on your member dashboard (the function stinks, but it does tell you there is something new).
Pro Ag
AG
1) With the large number of available seats, will orphaning a seat be allowed during re-seating this year? If not, has the issue that resulting in some orphan seats last year be addressed? By the time I selected last year I found a couple of areas where there was a single seat available.

2) On the seat availability map, there are a couple of sections where it's not 100% clear what the situation is. For example, the Faculty and Lower Staff sections all highlight when you mouse over one of them (3 different areas across the stadium). For West Armchair two different sections highlight independently. Are there 80 seats available in each section that is highlighted or just 80 across those sections?
The Original AG 76
AG
I've tried to find the page that describes the amenities that each section has , but no luck.
Where can we go to see the details of each section ?
Pro Ag
AG
I thought I knew where you could find them, edited because I couldn't find them on my phone.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
I thought I knew where you could find them, edited because I couldn't find them on my phone.
I use a lot of websites and ,without a doubt, the TMF website is the absolute hardest to navigate and least user friendly thing I have ever attempted to use.
Dr. Horrible
Why are we limited to picking our seats 30 minutes after our selection time? What if the seats we want don't come available until someone with lower priority points than us releases them? Shouldn't we be able to select seats any point after our priority point level has been reached?
exp
AG
That's actually an interesting point. It relates to my question. This will be my first year going through the re selection process. I really like my seats but figured why not see what else is open.

I'd just like to confirm that I can choose to stay in my seats if nothing better is available. I thought I confirmed this but I'm still nervous about accidentally losing the seats I have.
Frisco - Ag
AG
quote:
That's actually an interesting point. It relates to my question. This will be my first year going through the re selection process. I really like my seats but figured why not see what else is open.

I'd just like to confirm that I can choose to stay in my seats if nothing better is available. I thought I confirmed this but I'm still nervous about accidentally losing the seats I have.

Have the same concern
Zman91
AG
quote:
quote:

Have the same concern
When I checked the box (or whatever it was I did to choose the re selection) it clearly stated that you could keep your current seats if you did not find other seats that you wanted.
AGDAD14
12th Man Foundation,

My question relates to 15/10 or 10/7 year terms. In the email communications (April 6, Important Information about 2016 Football Relocation Process) under 'Inventory', item #11 All seats purchased are subject to the 10 (annual contribution equal to or greater than $1,500) and 7 (annual contribution less than $1,500) year terms.

a.) Does this apply to seats "relocated" within the same contribution level? For example, if two seats in Sec 301 are relocated to Sec 302 or to Sec 404, do the terms change from 10 to 7 years? Or if two seats in AC12 are relocated to AC11, do the terms change from 15 to 10 years?

b.) What if two seats in Sec 301 are "relocated" to AC12 do the terms change from 10 years (org terms) to 15 years or 10 years?

I, also, have the same concern about the 30 minute window and what seats might be released later. For example, if ranking member #3800 releases 2 club seats, member #2900 is out of luck, but good for all above #3800.

BTHO tu!
exp
AG
Thanks for doing this thread. It sounds like the 12th Man should look at next year adopting a system where you can change your seats at any time during the ~8 week selection window.

Access to the system is of course still prioritized on a similar schedule as now, but you should be able up swap seats if something better opens up later. This seems the fairest and most engaging format. You don't lose any of the functionality people get today, but you add the possibility they could find better seats if they keep checking. You could even setup a notification system so people could get text/email alerts if seats open up in their desired section(s) or row(s).

Message me if you'd like outside consultation or management on this project.
Pro Ag
AG
Bump
thisguy05
AG
How many people are on the relocate list?

Dr. Horrible
Guess this thread is just one more way the TMF over promises and under delivers.
thisguy05
AG
Do we not get relocation answers in May because that was April's topic of the month?
Pro Ag
AG
I am not a fan of this medium (especially since they don't publish it to TMF members in any other medium), but he did say 2 weeks. That means we should have answers by 5/12.

I am curious how many questions are being asked on premium and if it remained stickied over there.
KW02
AG
If I made a campaign contribution at a higher level and tickets were not available at the time I picked (last year) but they are this year, will that campaign contribution carry over?
KW02
AG
Is someone going to answer the questions?
TexAgs Sponsors
Staff
AG
We appreciate all the questions so far! Please note the sentence in bold below for those of you who have wondered where your answers are:

"Here at the 12th Man Foundation we get a lot of questions that many TexAgs users have in common. The seat relocation and seat selection process begins on June 1 and we are using this forum to address questions and concerns leading up to the first appointments. Submit your questions and we will compile the list and get answers out in the next two weeks."
Mark Riordan
S
I am compiling the list of questions as well as our seat relocation/seat selection FAQ that will come out in the next week. If you have specific questions, I would encourage you to call in to the offices and get your questions answered. You can always reach out to me specifically or just call the main line.

Mark
mark@12thmanfoundation.com
979-260-7989
exp
AG
5/13 bump. Looking forward to answers.
Jock 07
AG
How do I see the actual individual seats available instead of the generic overall view of the stadium?
Jock 07
AG
Will I be able to access the site on a government computer behind a .mil domain? Just want to be assured that the interface will work for me as many things on my work computer do not.
exp
AG
quote:
How do I see the actual individual seats available instead of the generic overall view of the stadium?

Pretty sure the answer is that you can't. At least not until your 30 minute window opens. This is why I contend the window should stay open for you until the complete end of seat selection. Maybe you're rushed, maybe better seats open later, or maybe you just decide to buy more tickets.
Pro Ag
AG
quote:
Will I be able to access the site on a government computer behind a .mil domain? Just want to be assured that the interface will work for me as many things on my work computer do not.

This is about the network your computer is on, not their site. A better question is if they have a site that is on the same domain for you to test.
TexAgBolter
AG
Next two weeks eh? I'll give you a break though. Like everything 12th Man Foundation related, we should expect to be underwhelmed in everything customer service related.
X-43
AG
Is the website actually going to be reliable during the seat upgrade process? It certainly wasn't working during the parking selection. It was offline for several hours on the day I selected parking. I had to call in (like many others) during my appointment time and tell you what lot I wanted. At the end of my appointment time, the system automatically selected a lot that I didn't want and sent me an email. I was told that people would go in and manually change my lot to what I requested and then send an email confirming the change. I never got that email confirming the change although others on this site said that they did.
Linz02Ag
AG
^ same thing happened to me. Just kept WCG that was auto selected tho.
exp
AG
X-43
AG
quote:
Cmon man... You say you're going to do something, you do it. This thread is quickly becoming a disappointment.

The answers were posted in a separate thread 11 hrs ago.
exp
AG
My bad. Just came back checking this thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.