Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brad Nessler and Skip Bayless both will leave ESPN

12,336 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Cannonball Craig III
GoneForGood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. White
We should all leave ESPN
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Cowturd said Tirico was going to NBC? Lots of changes at ESPN. Cutting payroll to offset whorn TV losses I guess.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Nessler is heading to CBS to eventually take over for Verne.

Yes. They need to bring Blackledge over as well. Danielson can hit the retirement home when Verne is ready.
aTm2004
AG
Nessler calling SEC games? Yes!
BMX Bandit
Only one of those is a loss.

I do love the Clay Travis articles talking about how ESPN is dying that miss the fact his employer, FoxSports, is trying to be ESPN.
Olsen
AG
Skip Bayless is going to Fox Sports 1. I wonder if he can take Stephen A. Smith with him.
95_Aggie
AG
Brad and Todd hate A&M
Clown Question
Boy you think all these espn employees would be a little miffed that they are being cut due to the whorns' little vanity project which has becomes a financial blackhole for the espn.
Tango Mike
quote:
Cowturd said Tirico was going to NBC? Lots of changes at ESPN. Cutting payroll to offset whorn TV losses I guess.

You can't really believe this.
95_Aggie
AG
I thought all of these folks left on their own accord.
Sparkie
AG
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
I thought all of these folks left on their own accord.

Lots of ways parting these days.
ce1994
AG
The only thing I do not like about this is the team of Nessler and Blackledge being broken up. I love watching their games.
phatpat21
I'd rather see Danielson retire before uncle Verne.
45-70Ag
AG
Damn tirico left Monday night football. That sucks.

And nessler is great. I remember when he called the big 2:30 game on abc in the 90's.

Bayless........... Meh. He tries too hard
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
The only thing I do not like about this is the team of Nessler and Blackledge being broken up. I love watching their games.

Agreed. Nessler is the best play by play guy out there. Really enjoy his commentary.
Bryanisbest
AG
Texags as general rule hates all broadcasters.
TecRecAg
AG
What?!
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
That POS Gary Danielson needs to beat it too.
Kemo Sabe
Anything to cut the bull**** and put more actual sporting events on tv. It would be funny if they pulled the plug on COWtuRD tv.!
carbon copy
Nessler is good. Loss for ABC/ESPN but a big win for CBS. Bayless is addition by subtraction for ESPN. The guy just tries to be argumentative with every topic, most of which, it appears, he doesn't know much about.

Got to remember the "E" in ESPN stands for Entertainment. ESPN is re-tooling to become more of a TMZ sports channel rather than the sports channel we grew up with. A large majority of their new anchors are young and mostly non-white. Most of the female anchors appear to be there only because they are female. And they aren't very good. My sports TV watching habits have definitely changed over the years. ESPN is still the "go to" channel for college sports but there are so many other choices out there for other sports. ESPN knows that and is trying to keep their audience as much as they can by bringing in the new "talent".
superunknown
AG
Far less complicated than that. For the price of a Nessler or Tirico you can hire a handful of new anchors/pbp folks from the regionals/locals and if one pans out and is actually good, you just saved yourself 80% on salaries.
fightinag
We can Start counting the days till Stephen A leaves First Take
NyAggie
AG
now we just need Danielson to hang it up

cant stand listening to that guy
SlackerAg
AG
Just glad Skip Bayless won't be on the SEC Network, since he's a Vandy grad.
ce1994
AG
Thy are probably rightly considering the product is on the field. People are going to watch. But I do enjoy the higher quality broadcasters, and IMO Nessler is that.
The Agly Duckling
quote:
Brad and Todd hate A&M
I've never had that impression. Especially from Nessler.
The Agly Duckling
quote:
Boy you think all these espn employees would be a little miffed that they are being cut due to the whorns' little vanity project which has becomes a financial blackhole for the espn.
But without the LHN deal, the Big 12 would likely have dissolved and Fox would've benefited from that more than ESPN, who would've lost a considerable revenue stream in Big 12 football content. Waste $15 mil. to make, what, $250/yr? I'd do it.
Aggie
AG
Exactly what he said

ESPN is not the same ESPN. It's like a Hollywood extra sports center.
The morning version is unwatchable.
They have so many new people and many are terrible.. Yes especially the women.

I don't watch ESPN a tenth of what I used to
mcag83
AG
ESPN has to trim payroll to offset loses from supporting the flushing toilet that the LHN is.
mpaggie06
AG
Nessler is solid.
Iowaggie
AG
ESPN has evolved because the viewing habits have evolved.

I don't intentionally watch SportsCenter anymore because all that content is pretty much online, and I don't have to sit through highlights and interviews I don't care about anymore.

First Take does extremely well in the ratings, and it did even better with Skip and SAS.

Talk shows work better than most anything in the morning, and it isn't just happening on ESPN, either.

Finally, ESPN analyzes the ratings, a lot. If some of you jackholes would quit citing and referencing ESPN personalities, and watching them, they wouldn't be on as much.

Edited to add: The only time I watch ESPN for non sporting events is when I'm in a waiting room, hotel lobby, etc and someone else has it on. I'm not a fan, but I also just don't have time, either.
CSheen18
AG
I just want to bring back Stump the Schwab
. . .
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.