Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I am still a Johnny fan

9,340 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PooDoo
snowdog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am really saddened at the seemingly unending stories of Johnny screwing up in one way or another. I make no apologies for his mistakes, he is a growm man and is responsible for his actions, and he is paying a huge price for his behavior.

Think about it. There are people like Johnny everywhere, people who make bad decisions that cost them dearly, but we don't hear about them. With Johnny, we are constantly updated with his latest error in judgement. Hosts of talking heads line up to preach to the masses how Johnny is a failure.

Maybe this is deserved. However, I refuse to pile on. I refuse to take a free swing at the Johnny pinata.

I think Johnny is a good person. I think he is flawed and confused and hurting, and is dealing with it the only way he knows. Maybe Johnny is addicted to partying, or maybe partying helps him forget his amazing fall from grace, a fall that is shoved in his face at every turn he makes.

I think he can turn things around. I think he will turn things around. He is an Aggie and could use our support. He sure doesn't need us piling on. What good does that do anyone?

I am rooting for Johnny to make the most incredible comeback we've ever seen.
Schrute
Amazing Moves
I think he did a lot for this university. He still needs to get his **** together.
StickTogetherAgs
Like Von, I will always have a special place in my heart for JF.
BoxingAg84
45-70Ag
AG
College Johnny's antics were overlooked but he was fun to watch

Post college Johnny never grew up and has become tiresome.

Too bad he threw it all away for whatever reason.
Yell Practice
Johnny played very well at Aggieland, but he definitely needs to get his act together. He can't continue in the same manner.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Johnny
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
texags
AgPediRPh
AG
Enablers
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
preachy busy body housewives
ATX_AG_08
AG
Being a fan of JM and thinking he needs to get his life together are not mutually exclusive.
fredfredunderscorefred
Good gawd how much space does this guy occupy in yalls minds. Were Mondays at the office THAT much better for you when he played that you still gaf about the guy? Saddened? Really? Geesh
StickTogetherAgs
quote:
Good gawd how much space does this guy occupy in yalls minds. Were Mondays at the office THAT much better for you when he played that you still gaf about the guy? Saddened? Really? Geesh

Troll
StickTogetherAgs
snowdog90
quote:
Enablers

What did I say that was enabling?
StickTogetherAgs
quote:
quote:
He is an Aggie and could use our support.

Well, I'm an Aggie and I think Johnny can eat a bag of d___s.

Gig'em.

If JF ever finds a way to stand back up, I want you standing by our sides again brother.
TMartin
Signed: Dr. Phil
StickTogetherAgs
quote:
Signed: Dr. Phil

Troll
AgPediRPh
AG
quote:
quote:
Enablers

"Maybe Johnny is addicted to partying"
revolutionAG
His name is Jonathon now. Get it right.
Chickenhawk
Tl;dr
snowdog90
quote:
quote:
quote:
Enablers

"Maybe Johnny is addicted to partying"

How is that enabling?
RadAg14
AG
Imagine really thinking this
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
We've got a bunch of bored housewives here who learned about addiction and enablers from watching daytime talk shows. They're ready to diagnose anyone at a moment's notice with little to no information required.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
JOHNNY!!!!

BrandoC
AG
Dude you have got to be freaking kidding me. Not everybody has been given the opportunity that Johnny Manziel has been given and he is just pissin it all away. For what? Usual response " Because he likes to party bro?" GTFO of here to people who say thay because they are most likely addicts in some form or fashion as well.
Memphis 7
quote:
Dude you have got to be freaking kidding me. Not everybody has been given the opportunity that Johnny Manziel has been given and he is just pissin it all away. For what? Usual response " Because he likes to party bro?" GTFO of here to people who say thay because they are most likely addicts in some form or fashion as well.

You're serious.

Tango Mike
quote:

Think about it. There are people like Johnny everywhere, people who make bad decisions that cost them dearly, but we don't hear about them. With Johnny, we are constantly updated with his latest error in judgement. Hosts of talking heads line up to preach to the masses how Johnny is a failure.

Are you still fans of those other people, too?

What's that? You don't care about them because they didn't play a game well enough to let you brag to your coworkers?
snowdog90
quote:

First, nowhere did I excuse his behavior. I don't pretend to know why he acts like he does, and I don't care. By most accounts, he is a good person. Von Miller and Mike Evans have nothing to gain from standing by him, but they do. They love him, as do most of his teammates and coaches (before Cleveland).

Besides alleged domestic abuse, which he may not be guilty of, his sins have only hurt himself. He has paid a huge price for those sins.

My point is not to condone his actions, but merely to show a voice of support for a fellow Aggie who is down and out. When Michael Irvin went to court for cocaine possession, Troy Aikman didn't condone it, but he showed up in court to support his friend. As Aggies, it would be nice to wish him the best, instead of making the easy, "cool" choice of calling him a d-bag or thug, like others do.

As for you saying Johnny has been "given" his opportunity. WRONG. He earned this opportunity by being one of the best college football players ever. He worked his ass off for it. Has he screwed up that opportunity so far? Yes, but he earned the right to screw it up.
agsteve77
AG
johnny b good
snowdog90
quote:
quote:

Are you still fans of those other people, too?

What's that? You don't care about them because they didn't play a game well enough to let you brag to your coworkers?

Yes, I am. Any good person who is going through hard times, I am pulling for them to turn it around. It happens all the time. If I could help Johnny, I would, just as I've helped others in need that you've never heard of.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
We've got a bunch of bored housewives here who learned about addiction and enablers from watching daytime talk shows. They're ready to diagnose anyone at a moment's notice with little to no information required.

He's clearly on meth. And I know what I'm talking about... I saw every episode of Breaking Bad.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I told you it was clearly Krokodil. I'm sure most people here are experts on it, but if not, a google image search for "Krokodil" will quickly prove my baseless assertion.
MizooAg94
AG
JM made my life better. We have all been in this situation (loved one addict). Posting does not make me an enabler. I support JM. NFL not important now....I am not a computer.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.