Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RV Parking Lot Changes

16,165 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rissatamble
Goose06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Not a bad idea:

Move all RVs from Reed to open up more preferred parking for the 12th Man Foundation. Move most of those RVs a short distance to a full hookup lot.

Very bad idea:

Move all remaining RVs on campus to open up cash only parking over a mile from the stadium. Move all those RVs to a field the farthest from the stadium of any lot.
Agree with this. Lot 88, 50, and 43 are all terrible parking locations for cars so its not like they are adding "premium parking" for anybody. Lot 43 is across the road from this new RV lot they are making. Lot 88 is at least a mile walk to the stadium. Lot 50 is the other side of Zachry so certainly not a short walk. And when we (RV'ers) parked in these lots we were paying more than what I was paying for my 12th man spots closer to the stadium on a per space basis (meaning, even though I took up 7 parking spaces with my RV and my tow vehicle, I was paying more per space to park a mile from the stadium than any of the 12th man members were paying for their better parking spaces).
Goose06
AG
Below is a post from the Premium board where a poster indicates and attorney is at least putting together a formal package to request TS change their course here. Who knows if they will listen, but if you would like to help out, read below:

http://texags.com/forums/25/topics/2742597/replies/46053944

quote:
As many of you know, the Texas A&M Transportation Services is trying to move most RV lots to a lot out past the Bush Library. Lot 50 has an attorney that has a season RV pass, Mr. Guy Lipe, which is not giving up without a fight. He has drafted and sending a "Request for Reconsideration of Closure of RV Football Lot 50" we he is planning on sending out Friday, April 22nd and would like to have support from as many season pass holders as possible. Currently, he has 16. If you are a RV Lot50 Season Pass Holder and would like to be included on this project, please feel free to email Guy at GLipe@velaw.com or call him at 713-907-6878. You can also PM me with your contact information and I will get him the information.'

Thanks,
Mike
Reloadags1998
AG
I loved lot 43 for years now. There was little traffic so the kids could ride bikes and scooters, green area and a few trees for the kids to play. it was a great family environment.

I'm willing to give it a shot this year but I am very dissatisfied so far, especially since the price did not go down.
Goose06
AG
I would encourage everyone who is being forced to the Aggie RV Park to search for an off campus option. Voting with your wallet is the only way to force them to treat us in an equitable manner. If they would simply pave Aggie RV Park, I would be fine with this move. However, they have indicated to me there is no plan to do so. I visited the lot last Friday and it is worse than I expected. I found a place off campus where I purchased 3 spaces for 5 games and the cost was less than 1 space for the season on campus..
Reloadags1998
AG
Do you happen to have any pictures of the new lot. Are you sure that the work is complete?
Goose06
AG
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
oldag941
AG
Wow, kids will love that on their scooters and bikes!
Goose06
AG
quote:
Yep, I am not taking my 3.5 year old to this lot. Don't care to be accused of child abuse every Monday when we take her to her pre-k
Bayou City
I have a Lot R pass for sale...
Goose06
AG
quote:
If you have 2 passes for sale next to each other let me know and I will consider it. PM me if you like
The Collective
AG
quote:
Reloadags1998
AG
quote:
To be honest, that's one of the big things my kids liked about it all. They would get on their scooters and have a blast.

To me though, my main issue is that the price per weekend is the same for a lesser quality product.
Reloadags1998
AG
Found an RV park near and booked it for the season. Kind of biter sweet but I just can't pay them that much for subpar services.
Agman13
AG
What rv park were you able to book the season at ? Thanks
RogerH46676
ttt
Reloadags1998
AG
quote:
What rv park were you able to book the season at ? Thanks

We found a few spots at Timber Ridge RV out near 21 and 2818
Reloadags1998
AG
ddp
harge57
AG
I have to decide whether to buy a spot at the Aggie RV park today.... it sure looks like a miserable, hot, desolate place out there.

How many RV's are they mashing into the lot? How close will they be together?

Is there cash parking close by for visiting tailgaters?
Goose06
AG
quote:
I have to decide whether to buy a spot at the Aggie RV park today.... it sure looks like a miserable, hot, desolate place out there.

How many RV's are they mashing into the lot? How close will they be together?

Is there cash parking close by for visiting tailgaters?
Harge, there is cash parking for visitors, that is one of the only benefits of that place
christinarenee1998
AG
Another option is to try checking into the College Station RV Parking off Wellborn and Holleman. It's not on campus but you don't have to deal with the parking nazis any longer!

I know I will have an extra space available for the season if anyone is interested.

http://cstx.gov/index.aspx?page=3877

AggsRule
Lake Bryan has over 100 spots
Tx_Luke
Is the gravel lot full? Good tailgating loc?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
quote:
It seems to me to make more sense to put the RVs in the paved lots and the single cars in the gravel lots.

It seems to me to make more sense to put the RV's on the gravel lots and the single cars in the paved lots..

I guess we are at loggerheads.

What should we do?
RHancock88
From someone out there - parking RV's on a crushed concrete lot is only a good idea if that is where you store them. Since this is an active lot, you end up with concrete dust all over tables, chairs, food, and tracked inside. In addition, the lot was too soft for big rigs last week and several had to move for their landing gear to find solid ground. I've heard the contractor was out this week smoothing some of the ruts, but not sure they compacted some of the areas.
rissatamble
WTB RV parking spot for the UTSA game if someone has Penberthy, Olsen, or maybe lot 58. All we're seeing is Aggie Park and Equine. Would prefer to be close since this is the only tailgate we're able to make this year.

Gig 'Em.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.