Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The FPI and our defense

5,526 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Citizen Reign
Pylon Cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They have us at number six in the nation. Our offense at 33. Next year is our year. Let's go win ourselves a championship!
hunter2012
AG
King O Frod
Next year!
class12of
AG
ahlongslide
AG
Every year I convince myself that we are going to win a natty. I usually wait until August to start pumping sunshine. Maybe this year I'll start in February.

Aggie Joe 93
AG
But I was told the FPI was so incompetent they needed help from the average child with breaking into an iPhone.
phatbeast
AG
33rd on defense and 6th on offense? How does that imply championship?
Oilfield Aggie12

Aggball2010
AG
quote:

My guess is, for example, Alabama. 45th total offense in 2015 and 3rd total defense in 2015. 24 avg of the two.

If A&M is 6th in total offense in 2016 and 33rd in total defense, that's a 19.5 average. Which is much better than even the 2015-16 national champion Alabama team. Obviously the closer to a #1 average shows the balance of a team, and should relate to more wins and or a possible championship run.

That's all I got.
Spiritofaggieland
AG
quote:
quote:

My guess is, for example, Alabama. 45th total offense in 2015 and 3rd total defense in 2015. 24 avg of the two.

If A&M is 6th in total offense in 2016 and 33rd in total defense, that's a 19.5 average. Which is much better than even the 2015-16 national champion Alabama team. Obviously the closer to a #1 average shows the balance of a team, and should relate to more wins and or a possible championship run.

That's all I got.
The OP said 6th on defense and 33rd on offense, not vice versa.
MidTnAg
AG
ESPN may need to overhaul their formulas.

Our defense, the second worse rushing defense in the SEC last season, will be the sixth best overall defense in the country next season?

We can only hope everything clicks and no injuries occur, especially at linebacker.
Meximan
If they're both top 25 then the team has a chance to at least be competitive with LSU, Bama, and Ole Miss for a change. I could sigh and convince myself to be satisfied with a 9-3 regular season.
StayPuft
AG
The FPI is a waste of time
cevans_40
AG
I'm in. We gone win tha whole damn thing
VatoLocoAggie
Sure. Why not?
I am in.
VonDaMan
AG
I'm in.
Citizen Reign
quote:
Sure. Why not?
I am in denial.

FIFY
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.