Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sumlin reached out to DL coach Brick Haley?

57,485 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Maroonblood32
Maroonblood32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's what I'm seeing on Twitter.
Thisguy1
Maroonblood32
I'm about to get banned, aren't I?
aggie_fan13
AG
What does this mean ??
theeyetest
Bye, bye.
rodrigogzz
AG
hunter2012
AG
quote:
I'm about to get banned, aren't I?

unmade bed
You are supposed to keep this kind of news to yourself out of respect for the people involved.

That being said, the fact that the leak for the info seems to come from tsips may not be a good sign.
aggie_fan13
AG
Don't know much about the guy other than lsu and the sips don't want him. Would this be a good hire ?
Maroon Flash
AG
Could very well be an attempt by tu journalist to embarrass us. Will believe it when it comes from an Aggie source.

Before saying LSU didn't want Haley consider that their new DC probably didn't want Chief's buddy hanging around.

Personally I was impressed with the disciplined style of the LSU DL when Haley was coaching them.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Oilfield Aggie12
Would be a nice steal. Especially with our D-Line. Haley a pretty solid recruiter as well.
unmade bed
quote:
Don't know much about the guy other than lsu and the sips don't want him. Would this be a good hire ?

How do you figure the sips don't want him?? Also, LSU wanted to keep him, and if you listen to most LSU fans they lament losing Brick more so than Chief. LSU made a home run hire at DL coach with Ed Oregeron and wanted to keep Brick on staff but not as position coach since you are limited in number to how many you can have.
John Francis Donaghy
Haley + Chavis consistently put top notch d lines together at LSU.

If Haley is having problems doing the same at Texas, I'm willing to bet the problems aren't with Haley.
Aggiejay512
Tos horn site just said Haley will speak in college station this weekend . wow if true total punch in the nuts if we hire him away.

Also has to be a good sign that chavis is making his picks and Haley is his first choice..
Aggiejay512
quote:

They are crying over twitter saying if its money we will over pay him and why does he want to go there with our haul on the d line. Also they said chavis didn't want to bring him last year which is b s .
The Collective
AG
Pretty easy to spot who isn't very smart here...
Clown Question
quote:

They are crying over twitter saying if its money we will over pay him and why does he want to go there with our haul on the d line.

Those idiots think they have better DL depth? tu recruited five DL this year but only one in the last 3-4 classes.

Good DL depth isn't five freaking true freshmen and a junior.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:

lol. because ut will have another powerhouse offense right....
Wabs
AG
quote:

What a stupid **** nut.
W
AG
uh, does that AAS clown think Haley is the quarterback coach?
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:
quote:

How do you figure the sips don't want him?? Also, LSU wanted to keep him, and if you listen to most LSU fans they lament losing Brick more so than Chief. LSU made a home run hire at DL coach with Ed Oregeron and wanted to keep Brick on staff but not as position coach since you are limited in number to how many you can have.

FYI, Azul is an idiot troll.
aggie_fan13
AG
Im honestly not trolling right now.
85AustinAg
AG
Haley was DL coach under Chavis at LSU. It makes perfect sense that Chavis would want him at A&M.
Texan76
The Chief will sweeten the pot by letting The Brick use his south Texas deer lease and his snuff boy.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
Copenhagen boys better be locked on come game day.
Southeastern Conference
AG
Hailey should leave Austin to escape Vance Bedford.
Aggiejay512
Anwar Richardson sounds upset and said why would he go to ATM when sumlin prob under the hot seat. Texas beat Baylor and Okla so with a qb they have a better chance than ATM winning.

Also said Vaughn prob won't ever coach in college again and it didn't happen at texas 6years ago.
He is a good guy and Charlie does most of the recruiting.

Bwaaaa anwar is a dumbass ...
themissinglink
AG
I realize the media is turning this into an A&M vs tu and Strong vs Sumlin debate, but if I'm the DL coach, the decision comes down to:

Vance vs Chief
Whatever Poons the horns have playing DL vs Myles Garrett, Daeshon Hall, Daylon, Zay

Seems like an easy decision to me.
Texan76
Strong runs the defense and calls plays. Vance has a title.
Clown Question
quote:
Anwar Richardson sounds upset and said why would he go to ATM when sumlin prob under the hot seat. Texas beat Baylor and Okla so with a qb they have a better chance than ATM winning.

Also said Vaughn prob won't ever coach in college again and it didn't happen at texas 6years ago.
He is a good guy and Charlie does most of the recruiting.

Bwaaaa anwar is a dumbass ...
Anwar is an idiot who has bottomed out as a internet sports journalist. strong is gone by nov. and probably needs at least 8 wins to keep his job. I think as long as Sumlin doesn't go .500 or worse he is okay but will have a hot seat in 2017.

And strong has a history of hiring cheaters. It is what it is. hurtt at louisville and vaughn at tu.
mid90
AG
LOL at the whorns thinking Chollie's job is somehow more stable than Sumlin's
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
LOL at the whorns thinking Chollie's job is somehow more stable than Sumlin's
Pretty sure it is. He just has to have an 8 win season again cupcake teams whereas Sumlin must get at least 8 and not get embarrassed by the best teams in the nation every week.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Would we still keep Coach Price if this goes through?
85AustinAg
AG
^yes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.