Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hagan's Replacement

9,657 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by FJB
Maroon Flash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think we will have any problem finding a top tier guy to coach Daylon Mack and the rest of the great DT talent we have.
bero88
Brick Haley
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Brick Haley
let's see, LSU and the sips don't want him so he must be a for sure hire.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
Brick Haley

huh?
bero88
quote:
quote:
Brick Haley
Is he not on the sips' staff anymore? I just threw out his name bc I saw on Twitter, Sumlin was interested. I thought it would be a great hire just to see a coach leave there to come to aggie land. If he isn't on their staff then no thanks,
Texan76
No way Haley turns down an offer to reunite with The Chief.
bero88
I just looked and he is still on the staff. I think it would be a pretty solid hire. I don't know of many more names that would be better than that.
Federale01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Brick Haley
Is he not on the sips' staff anymore? I just threw out his name bc I saw on Twitter, Sumlin was interested. I thought it would be a great hire just to see a coach leave there to come to aggie land. If he isn't on their staff then no thanks,
This guy.
unmade bed
He is still on staff at tsip u. He kicked our ass in recruiting Louisiana this year.
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
quote:
Brick Haley

This is so wrong I'm not even going to tell you why because you should know.

But if ask nicely I'll consider it.
aggiehawg
AG
Stolen from the shag:

quote:
Brian Davis @BDavisAAS 2m2 minutes ago

Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin has approached Texas DL coach Brick Haley about joining Aggies, source says. Unclear if he'd be interested.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Brick Haley

I know, the "3rd and chavis" syndrome that the swamp kittens had, being scorned lovers and such. Regardless it seems Brick is a recruiter over being a developer. the kittens claim this and I know the sip's defense sucked this year with little to no improvement at all.

That being said we are in a market for a top shelf recruiter.
DallasAg 94
quote:
quote:
quote:
Brick Haley

I'll ask... respectively of course...
Clown Question

quote:
Brick is a recruiter over being a developer. the kittens claim this and I know the sip's defense sucked this year with little to no improvement at all.

With Chavis, we have the developer, what we need more recruiters. Hagan sucked at both recruiting and developing, so getting Haley would be an improvement. The whorn defense sucked because bedford is an average DC at best and they had very little depth up front.
The Collective
AG
I am very shocked that we are approaching Haley. I'll let it play out, but I won't believe it until I see an A&M source confirm the story.

I will add that perhaps Chief wanted him all along, but A&M couldn't make it happen with the legal situation brewing with LSU. Now that A&M has had time to evaluate the situation and Haley is no longer a LSU employee, they can pursue him. I don't know if I buy it, but it makes sense.
SteveBott
AG
Heard he is interested.
Clown Question

quote:
I am very shocked that we are approaching Haley. I'll let it play out, but I won't believe it until I see an A&M source confirm the story.

Well it comes from another site's mod and not anyone really close to the program. Hell, no one thought Turner was going to be an OL candidate until he was in town interviewing. The DT guy could be out of left field.
Rusty GCS
AG
Looch confirming too
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Brick Haley

I'll ask... respectively of course...

Sure!

1) "LSU doesn't want him" - LSU replaced him with Ed Orgeron who for all intents and purposes was hired as a Co-DC to make the Steele hire better. And as far as DL coach/recruiters go in the nation Ed O is #1 so that means Brick is somewhere #2 or less. Not exactly a knock

2) "Sips don't want him" - well, he's still on staff so that's not true. You're thinking of the fans saying that a couple months ago when they had no DL committed. Boy did that change and at our expense.

3) Brick recruited Houston, East Texas, Nola, and specially assigned to important targets while at LSU. Sounds like a recruiter we need

4) it directly hurts our recruiting rival. Tell every recruit that he had the choice of schools and chose A&M and they should too.

5) no longer can schools say "new DC but same old crappy coaches". We now have another part of the dominant LSU Chief defenses to counter that argument.

The list could go on but everybody should get the picture on how good a hire this is.

When its Chief's first phone call you better trust it.
bmiller
AG
Do whatever it takes. Make it happen. Burn the sips and the DL recruits that turned their back on us. Serves them right. Karma is a $!@tch!
cs69ag
AG
Haley has nothing to lose in talking with Chief and Sumlin. t.u. will likely pay him more to stay.
Clown Question

quote:
Haley has nothing to lose in talking with Chief and Sumlin. t.u. will likely pay him more to stay
He is already in town for a coaching convention.

Lone Star Coaching Clinic
Hu11abaloo
AG
quote:

quote:
Haley has nothing to lose in talking with Chief and Sumlin. t.u. will likely pay him more to stay
He is already in town for a coaching convention.

Lone Star Coaching Clinic

So Moorehead will be spittin game doe
Tomdoss92
AG
mid90
AG
quote:

I will add that perhaps Chief wanted him all along, but A&M couldn't make it happen with the legal situation brewing with LSU. Now that A&M has had time to evaluate the situation and Haley is no longer a LSU employee, they can pursue him. I don't know if I buy it, but it makes sense.

Or Sumlin is finally realizing you can't keep all your under-performing coaching buddies around and have success
greg.w.h
AG
quote:

Or Sumlin is finally realizing you can't keep all your under-performing coaching buddies around and have success

You can't make $5 million per year perpetually on 7-9 win seasons...
CrottyKid
AG
Red Bryant
John Randle
cbates85
quote:

Looch confirmed that the 2 sides have been talking and are close to hammering out a deal.
ag94ag
AG
I'm not sure if these changes in our coaching staff are happening faster because of our new AD, or if Sumlin is realizing that he doesn't have five years to see if some of the hires pan out.

IMO, Haley is damned good at what he does and would be a huge improvement. Hope we get him or someone else of his caliber.
Aggie GIGolo
AG
Would be a heck of a hire especially for recruiting purposes. Hope we close the deal with him.
Not_Sure
AG
quote:
Looch confirmed that the 2 sides have been talking and are close to hammering out a deal.
CrottyKid
AG
quote:
Would be a heck of a hire especially for recruiting purposes. Hope we close the deal with him.

He can tell recruits why he left Texas and went to work for A&M and the Chief.
FJB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.