Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

NSD over... Norvell gone...

10,194 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Agsrback12
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Sources-Texas-wide-receivers-coach-Jay-Norvell-leaving-UT-43653660

You gotta hand it to the sips... if you sign your LOI, you better commit to the school, cause the coaches won't be there.

No Stability.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Sources-Texas-wide-receivers-coach-Jay-Norvell-leaving-UT-43653660

You gotta hand it to the sips... if you sign your LOI, you better commit to the school, cause the coaches won't be there.

No Stability.
Yeah, and that doesn't happen anywhere else right?
mid90
AG
just like we did to DC?
Pepe SiIvia
AG
quote:

No Stability.
Mark Hagan and Christensen were just illusions!
aggiehawg
AG
Becoming quite a secondary market in post-NSD coaching carousel. And is the NFL even done in the coaching shake-ups for them??
Schrute
The Collective
AG
Hagan recruited, but I don't believe DC did. I don't remember seeing him in pics at least.
unmade bed
What??? They aren't wanting to keep a guy on staff who was demoted and would have to work under the young up and comer hired to replace him?? What a novel concept...
CoachLB
I agree with you that everyone does it including A&M. But I posted on here around a month before signing day that DC was gone. It was pretty common knowledge with the Texas High School coaches. So if a recruit didn't know it that is on their High School coaches for not doing any kind of research for them.
Clown Question

quote:

The reason it is being pointed out was one of the whorns' ridiculous negative recruiting pitches against us was so-called stability (ridiculous when you really look at their situation (strong is gone before the end of 2016) but they had fenves and mccombs touting it on recruiting visits).
Harry Stamper
quote:

quote:

The reason it is being pointed out was one of the whorns' ridiculous negative recruiting pitches against us was so-called stability (ridiculous when you really look at their situation (strong is gone before the end of 2016) but they had fenves and mccombs touting it on recruiting visits).

And, it worked!
The Collective
AG
quote:
I agree with you that everyone does it including A&M. But I posted on here around a month before signing day that DC was gone. It was pretty common knowledge with the Texas High School coaches. So if a recruit didn't know it that is on their High School coaches for not doing any kind of research for them.

The rumor was out over a month ago on Norvell and Vaughn as well. It was on here in January.
CoachLB
Thanks that is my point. None of this should catch a recruit by surprise.
TMartin
Whatever the sips did they won and it's now water under the bridge. Perhaps if Sumlin had denied wanting to go to the NFL so badly it could have changed a few commits. With all the A&M coaching dead wood being cut loose I'm wondering how long before some recruiting heads roll.
CoachLB
I feel sure Sumlin was telling the people that mattered he wasn't going anywhere. Any kid that believes all of what a coach who is recruiting him says, he is making a mistake. Remember last season when Charlie told 5 receivers they would catch the first pass at ND? And when they told them their DL coach wasn't going anywhere? Kids need to make their choice on the school they feel comfortable with and want to be at for 4 or 5 years. Anyone who hasn't figured out yet that Charlie will lie is just not paying attention.
Amarillo Slim
AG
Money and trucks don't lie!
Brick Tamland
quote:
just like we did to DC?

It was communicated to recruits that he would not be retained. I wonder if Texas did the same.
Motel California
S
quote:
Money and trucks don't lie!

Something something gold Trans Am something something something
Brick Tamland
That didn't work
CoachLB
Something something the 70s Something something trucks and money last week!
JJxvi
AG
That gold trans am thing gets a lot of mileage for something that was before I was born...and Im closer to 70 than birth.
DallasAg 94
Some comments...

Spav was let go long ago.
From what I understand it was known to recruits that DC would be leaving.
I don't know about Hagen.

I looked and apparently hadn't seen Vaugh, et al, rumored to be leaving. Didn't McCoullough chose the Horns for coaching stability?!

It sure looks like getting rid of Vaughn was a response to the Ole Miss announcement. Brandon Jones (S who Commited 2/3/2016) and Eric Cuffee (CB who commited 1/28/2016) were both accused of going on OVs to recruit for the Horns. I am to believe both of them knew Vaughn... who was their primary recruiter and position coach... was leaving the Horns?!

I'm sure 2016 signee DeLance knew, as he posted this in response to Vaughn...

Token
AG
quote:

No Stability.
we did the exact same thing with hagen (trust me, he was forced to look for another job) and DC
Clown Question

quote:
Didn't McCoullough chose the Horns for coaching stability?!
Yeah, tu had more $tability than we did.

HECUBUS
AG
I'm starting to believe Charlie was telling the truth about not knowing who calls plays for his team. He probably can't keep track. The replacement guys are getting replaced.

turnover u
Snap E Tom
Didn't Hagen get a big fat 0 in recruits? I'm sure all 0 of them care that he left.
Agsrback12
quote:
Didn't Hagen get a big fat 0 in recruits? I'm sure all 0 of them care that he left.

Maybe Mouton but he may not make it in. It depends on ACT results from several days ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.