Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Look what Sherman's program produced!

13,896 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by W
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Von Miller
Ryan Tanehill
Jeff Fuller
C-Mike
Mike Evans
Ryan Swope
Tony-Jerod Eddie
The Matthews Brothers
Randy Bullock
Shall I keep going.....
2 of those players have superbowl rings
wisdom
AG
If Coach Sherman had someone helping him with game plans and game day play calling, he would still be our HC
Post removed:
by user
W
AG
0-4 vs. Oklahoma State and Mike Gundy...despite all that talent
sleepybeagle
AG
Yes...he could find and develop talent. He also turned our program around after whats his name. But he just couldn't put a 2nd half game plan together.
VatoLocoAggie
Under appreciated coach. If he would have read The Zoo and followed our advice, he would still be around.
ebag02
AG
So Sherman gets credit for guys fran recruited like Von Miller and guys that never played a down for him like Mike Evans?
chipotle
quote:
Shall I keep going.....

-had ZERO to do with Von Miller
-0.500 overall record at Eggyland
-7 players drafted during the sleepy era (fran had more...FRAN!)
- 14 blowout losses of 2 touch downs or more in 4 season
- 0.211 vs ranked teams
- 0.250vs OU, 0.000vsOSU, 0.250vsTU
Al Bula
AG
champagnepapi and Vato Loco doing some serious trolling today.
rhutton125
AG
And all that first-round NFL talent produced 3 points in the second half and overtime against an 8-5 Mizzou team. At home.

2011 wasn't all on defense. It was a coaching failure.

1st round QB, three first-round tackles, an NFL center, 2nd-round RB, 4th-round RB.... 3 points.
W
AG
it's Friday afternoon...time to wax philosophical for a moment...

when thinking about the differences between the Sherman era and the Sumlin era...one big thing that stands out...the miracle comeback wins. And this again speaks to 2nd half game management, clock management, and strategy.

in Sumlin's 4 years the Ags have 5 improbable/unlikely/stunning comeback wins:

2012 & 2013 at Ole Miss
2014 & 2015 in OT vs. Arkansas
Chick-fil-A Bowl

how different would the Sumlin era look if the Ags had only pulled off 1 or 2 of those shocking wins?

on the flipside...in Sherman's 4 years there was really only 1 win that might be considered a snatch-victory-from-the-jaws-of-defeat type win:

2010 at Baylor

and there were at least 7 second half or 4th quarter collapses that led to stunning wins for the Ags' opponents (in regulation or overtime) from the 2009 game at Colorado to Sherman's final game vs. t.u.

----

no doubt quite a contrast
WGann3
AG
We've uncovered one of the Aftermath socks.
Hu11abaloo
AG
quote:
So, like Sumlin?
Bobaloo
Spotted KSTATE 59 points one year...
chipotle
quote:
quote:
So, like Sumlin?

TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
quote:
So, like Sumlin?
chipotle
I have a feeling where going to get a gay ass lecture about how sherman's last two years where better than swag's last two years.
TexanJeff
AG
quote:
quote:
Shall I keep going.....

This is way wrong...

But only this
ingramsh
AG
Sherman had a part in those guys development.

Some he didn't recruit (Von Miller), others he didn't even play (Mike Evans). But you can't give him full credit for the development of all those listed.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Von Miller
Ryan Tanehill
Jeff Fuller
C-Mike
Mike Evans
Ryan Swope
Tony-Jerod Eddie
The Matthews Brothers
Randy Bullock
Shall I keep going.....
2 of those players have superbowl rings
His program didn't produce many wins, though.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
quote:
So, like Sumlin?
chipotle
quote:
quote:
quote:
Shall I keep going.....

This is way wrong...

But only this
Please explain what he did to recruit and develop.
heddy Lamarr
AG
We averaged about 6 wins per season in a down conference
heddy Lamarr
AG
This was a great Sherman moment

Loss at Kyle to Arkansas State

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1572528

quote:
...Arkansas State left 78,691 Texas A&M fans at Kyle Field stunned, defeating the Aggies 18-14 Saturday night in the season opener for both teams. Texas A&M had won its last 20 home openers, and the loss was just the fourth defeat for the Aggies in their last 50 non-conference games at home
Tramp78
AG
Am I the only person who remembers the Sherman years as the ones where we came out at half time with a lead and then lost it as the team lost gas in the last quarter of the game? One of the biggest problems we had were players who just couldn't play for 60 minutes. 30? No problem? 45? Sometimes. 60? Rarely. This was such an issue that the first thing Sumlin did when he got here was start working the crap out of the guys to build up their stamina and conditioning.
chipotle
quote:
Am I the only person who remembers the Sherman years as the ones where we came out at half time with a lead and then lost it as the team lost gas in the last quarter of the game? One of the biggest problems we had were players who just couldn't play for 60 minutes. 30? No problem? 45? Sometimes. 60? Rarely. This was such an issue that the first thing Sumlin did when he got here was start working the crap out of the guys to build up their stamina and conditioning.

Maybe the conditioning was an issue. I had a problem with the whole going 3 and out on PASS plays in the 4th quarter.
Bonfire1996
AG
My biggest problem, well only problem really, was Sherman expecting these 18-22 year old players to act like NFL professionals. While Sherman spent four weeks in the Summer at Martha's Vineyard, the inmates ran the asylum. He expected these boys to show up, in shape and prepared for August practice, because of their own professionalism and drive. Then, just like an NFL team, they would spend the first month finding their groove and end up being pretty good down the stretch. This was OK for Mike Sherman. This was the definition of success, how you looked and played at the end of the year. Great for NFL Playoffs where nearly 40% of the teams go to the playoffs. Not conducive to College Football.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
I remember von giving an interview where he said mike sherman is the only reason he became von miller.
WGann3
AG
quote:
quote:

Maybe the conditioning was an issue. I had a problem with the whole going 3 and out on PASS plays in the 4th quarter.
You mean you weren't a fan of C-Mike going for 200 yards in the first half on the way to a 35-17 halftime lead against Arkansas and then giving him the ball 2 times in the 2nd half on the way to a 42-38 loss?
Post removed:
by user
chipotle
But he was le tired.
I already have a dog
AG
Why is it so difficult for people to recognize that Sherman deserves praise as a talent evaluator and for bringing the program up from the depths Fran had left it in AND he was a horrible game day coach who had some inexplicably bad losses and was not the guy to lead us forward. Every time someone posts about his talent evaluation someone else mentions his blow out losses as if that contradicts it and vice versa.
Nino Brown
Sherman plus KK would have been Gold
monarch
S
Did we hire a D-Line coach yet?
Miles711
AG
quote:
This was a great Sherman moment

Loss at Kyle to Arkansas State

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1572528

quote:
...Arkansas State left 78,691 Texas A&M fans at Kyle Field stunned, defeating the Aggies 18-14 Saturday night in the season opener for both teams. Texas A&M had won its last 20 home openers, and the loss was just the fourth defeat for the Aggies in their last 50 non-conference games at home

Was there.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.