Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Saban about to get a salary bump to 8 million

7,245 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Lateralus Ag
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only three nfl coaches make more.
Post removed:
by user
greg.w.h
AG
I would be delighted if our head coach ended u being similarly successful and similarly well paid. Though I suspect with the way Nick works they end up investing quite a bit each year...
brotheraggie
Saban is a proven winner!!
mid90
AG
quote:
I would be delighted if our head coach ended u being similarly successful and similarly well paid. Though I suspect with the way Nick works they end up investing quite a bit each year...

....are you implying that Bama has to pay recruits to want to come play for an insanely successful program? one in which they are pretty much guaranteed to win at least 1 natty during their?
CorpsAg11
AG
quote:
quote:

....are you implying that Bama has to pay recruits to want to come play for an insanely successful program? one in which they are pretty much guaranteed to win at least 1 natty during their?
Exactly. Why would they pay recruits? That would be like George Clooney paying for sex.
greg.w.h
AG
quote:
quote:

Implying the Saban family probably makes more than Nick has free time to spend.
Motel California
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly. Why would they pay recruits? That would be like George Clooney paying for sex.

Why would they pay despite all the success? Because everyone else is and to keep being successful you have to at least match what the other bag men are giving.

Money talks
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Implying the Saban family probably makes more than Nick has free time to spend.
Ah.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why would they pay despite all the success? Because everyone else is and to keep being successful you have to at least match what the other bag men are giving.

Money talks

How else do you explain 5-star primadonnas being willing to sit a year or two before playing for Bama? The money's just too good to complain.
chipotle
We should pay him 10. Hell 20.
Always_Right
AG
Head coaches of major men's programs may be the most important money maker for universities when you consider all the resources they bring in. On Mike and Mike this morning they were saying that enrollment for out of state students is higher at Alabama than in state students, that in large part is due to what Saban has accomplished on the football field and the notiriety that he's brought to the university. He is underpaid if you consider the amount of money he brings into Alabama, imo.
TMartin
Saban did it the old fashioned way......he earned it.
SARATOGA
I don't think anyone is implying that they pay for recruits.

However, I don't think Nick, or the Saban family has any expenses. Most coaches get cars that are leased for them, them and their wives get clothing allowances. The kids go to Bama for free, and a couple years ago, their foundation paid off his mortgage (for a few million), and gave his house back to him.

He makes 8 million, uncle same takes his cut, and the rest goes straight to investments. Every possible expense for him and his family is paid for/comped. I doubt Nick even carries a wallet.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Money talks

How else do you explain 5-star primadonnas being willing to sit a year or two before playing for Bama? The money's just too good to complain.
Exactly, some of these blue chips don't see the field enough to make the NFL... I'd be highly surprised if Gump wasn't selling "come here, we'll match what they do, and you'll get a ring... win-win".
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
Head coaches of major men's programs may be the most important money maker for universities when you consider all the resources they bring in. On Mike and Mike this morning they were saying that enrollment for out of state students is higher at Alabama than in state students, that in large part is due to what Saban has accomplished on the football field and the notiriety that he's brought to the university. He is underpaid if you consider the amount of money he brings into Alabama, imo.
Does that include all the internet students as well? If so I wouldn't really attribute it to just football...
Motel California
S
On top of having known a recruit that had a list of good offers.

Someone also posted a link just a few days ago or last week about this.

Every school has their bag men. Even when they know a recruit is verbally committed and they feel like they're basically out of the race. They will still drop off money because they know the other guys are. They do this to maintain good relations and to keep their image up.

Go look at Ole Miss's commitment list. Look at how many of their guys also have offers from places like LSU, Michigan, Bama... Do any of you think Ole Miss nabbed these recruits because of Ole Miss's winning tradition? Academics? These kids grew up loving Ole Miss? Facilities?

Their bag men have worked harder and spent more. Alabama won't out bid everyone on every guy they want because they don't have too.

People wonder why so many of the big time recruits wait till signing day or late in the recruiting season. Why they keep things so secretly on their decision? The longer they hold out the more they get paid. The longer they can convince people they're truly undecided the bigger the drops are.

The proof is in the pudding. The 3 star guys don't wait as long to commit. They're not getting the money or nearly as much. Also, look at the ones who commit fairly early and are big names in the rankings. What do their parents do for a living? How many of those guys grew up in a poor, single income family and hold off to "decide" where they wanna go?

I do realize that some of these big time players hold out because some truly don't know where they should play. I know some of the guys growing up poor are holding out because maybe there's an offer they want. There's several reasons why they could be holding out. I do know though that college football is a business and lots... Lots of things go on behind closed doors during the recruiting process
txagssweetie2014
Last 8 seasons (2008-15)

4 National titles
8 Top 10 finishes
5 SEC titles
7 SEC West championships

I would say those results are worth at least $100 million, which would be $12.5 million per year. Saban is underpaid.
Token
AG
saban is definitely underpaid. he should be making 15M per year, IMO
Coaching salaries are out of control.
Not_Sure
AG
quote:

He's worth every penny plus a lot more
Motel California
S
quote:

Coach Sumlin has lost control over the coaching salaries
BMX Bandit
Not his own
Shooz in Katy
AG
Great let's all get on our knees and blow Satan.
trm94
AG
Bama boosters are worried the sips will make a run at him this Fall. This puts him in the range where he will get another bump after the season, and the sips are no longer any threat. Don't know why they are worried, since Herman will be the coach anyway.
BMX Bandit
No Bama booster with a brain is concerned about losing Saban.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
Capitalistic, Free-Market Economy.

If College Football were in China, I bet coaching salaries would be kept in line better.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
You do realize, the higher they go, the better off the Ags are? Sometimes it's good to be rich. Well, most all of the time it is. Think a top 10 richest school, and no "salary cap". The caveat is it will also help the sips.
hornhatinvol
Man, I'm a little shocked about the love that many on here still express for Czar Nicky, even though Bammer has totally cornholed A&M the last two years.
Of COURSE they are paying players. Heck, that;s how they win! Nicky's bestest buddy is an NCAA bigwig! Also, have you ever been to Tuscatrailorpark? You would have to pay me mucho coin to go to that latrine!
Always_Right
AG
quote:
quote:
Does that include all the internet students as well? If so I wouldn't really attribute it to just football...
Not sure, they were discussing Saban's value......both agreed he was underpaid vs. his actual value to the university.
Ambres
AG
quote:
Last 8 seasons (2008-15)

4 National titles
8 Top 10 finishes
5 SEC titles
7 SEC West championships

I would say those results are worth at least $100 million, which would be $12.5 million per year. Saban is underpaid.
Yea pay the man so that tu and other school/NFL teams can't make a run at him. If Sumlin has this kind of record, we would pay him.
VatoLocoAggie
How much do you think it will take to get him here next season after Summy leaves?
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Capitalistic, Free-Market Economy.

If College Football were in China, I bet coaching salaries would be kept in line better.

Lol. Nice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.