Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

t.u. FIRED DB COACH

20,894 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Loverboy
theeyetest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The sips fired their DB coach, Chris Vaughan, in light of his possible indiscretion while recruiting for Ole Miss.

Could this possibly say something on why this "lights out" recruiter has recruited so well for the sips the last two years? I find this all to be very interesting.
Aggie GIGolo
AG
But but Charlie is a man of principle and core values. He would never lead recruits on and then fire their position coach after signing day.
MSU/SECALUM
https://twitter.com/BDavisAAS?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Aggie Joe 93
AG
I wonder why sips waited till after NSD to take action based on information made public before NSD.
Clown Question
But their recruiting was clean!! The snowflakes of texags said so.
aggieloko
AG
The "broker"...
Bottlehead90
AG
DBU?
DB coach Unemployed

theeyetest
I can promise you that if he was doing it at Ole Miss he was doing it at Texas. They've landed some stud DB's the last two years.
Crazytom11
I don't think we should point and laugh considering that we have been losing or firing coordinators lately.

That being said I do like our changes a lot.
theeyetest
quote:
I don't think we should point and laugh considering that we have been losing or firing coordinators lately.

Nobody said anything about pointing and laughing. This could quite possibly verify some people's thoughts of tu recruiting improperly.
biggolfboy
AG
Live look at Chris Vaughan recruiting.
CajunAg86
quote:

Yes. Yes we have. But none for alleged involvement in improper recruiting.
Fightin Ag491
Ah yes, the "they recruited well, therefore they must have cheated" reasoning. Never fails to amaze me
Clown Question
quote:

We didn't fire a coach because he was a cheater. strong likes to hire cheaters, apparently. See clint hurtt.

quote:
Ah yes, the "they recruited well, therefore they must have cheated" reasoning. Never fails to amaze me
Except one of your recruiters was just fired because of his cheating past, and strong has a history of employing cheaters. Leopards don't change their spot. Oh right, all those recruits flocked to seven-loss strong because they believe... that he will be fired by Nov. 2016.
VatoLocoAggie
Lol. BDF TU.
Aggiejay512
quote:

I am no detective but charlie sure does know when to cut bait . no one knows what weree the allegations on him but charlie has had a lot of people next to him in trouble with NCAA..

5 core values ? In the words of rafiki "look harder".
DallasAg 94

2016 S Brandon Jones: 4Star, #40Ntl, #1S, #6 in Texas

2015 CB Holton Hill: 4Star, #80Ntl, #7 CB, #13 in Texas
2015 CB Kris Boyd: 4Star, #98Ntl, #11 CB, #14 in Texas

All were heavy A&M favorites for much of the recruiting process... all committed late to the Horns. At least 2 of them were complete surprises.

All 3 recruited by Vaughn.

Just worth mentioning.
Fizban
I thought this thread was going to be about Strong...

DifferenceMaker Ag
THey fired him because he really really sucked..

Oh.. and he paid for recruits. Problem is, he wasn't very discreet. But mainly, he really sucked.
DallasAg 94
VatoLocoAggie
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Everyone recruits dirty. Sounds like this guy was just dirtier than most. Texas was smart to let him go.
Clown Question
quote:
Everyone recruits dirty. Sounds like this guy was just dirtier than most. Texas was smart to let him go.
strong really likes the guys who recruit really dirty though. Kind of goes against the whole core values thing.
Agsgirl
A friend, who just so happens to be a sip, commented the other day that they got a lot of really good defensive recruits. He asked what I thought about it, I said..."It's amazing what a brand new, shiny F250 will get ya these days."

Crickets....
carsoca2
quote:

Gov. Abbott deported him? Who is this "Texas" you speak of?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Don't we call them Texas University?
carsoca2
Lower case
awesome sauce
AG
sips are the big winners in the whole ordeal. Now they have the kids, but cut the liability. Even if impropriety comes out now, they've already acted.
Clown Question
Actually, I think the whorns have their just cause when strong starts out sucking again next season.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
quote:
strong really likes the guys who recruit really dirty though. Kind of goes against the whole core values thing.

If the Chicken Ranch was still around he'd be running recruits and players through like he did at Louisville with his basketball buddy.
Motel California
S
quote:

Thank you for reading our forum. Now leave
Charlie 31
AG
Brandon Jones, meet University of Texas at Austin alumni money for your services to the orange and white...

AggdadIraq
If sips had Chief they wouldn't have to have coaches who cheated to get blue chip recruits. That's just get the recruits and coach them up to 8 wins or better. Sips are no better than my snuff boy's shorts.
HECUBUS
AG
Sips always fire their scapegoats first. They will handle it just like their ticket fraud. They have a process and a team of people to handle this. It situation normal, nothing to see.
AggieBB
AG
quote:
Did you see why he got fired numb nuts?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.