Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Seahawks sign Jeff Fuller!

10,845 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by war hymn aggie
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Seahawks have again dipped into the CFL to add depth at receiver, signing Jeff Fuller, who has spent the past three seasons with the Calgary Stampeders, while also adding depth at running back, signing free agent Cameron Marshall, who also spent the last two years in the CFL.

The 6-foot-4, 216-pound Fuller played at Texas A&M (where he was teammate of running back Christine Michael) and caught 233 passes in four seasons there, including a school-record 34 touchdowns. He was not selected in the 2013 NFL draft and was waived by the Miami Dolphins in training camp as an undrafted free agent. He then signed with Calgary.

Fuller's size and CFL background inevitably will draw comparisons with Chris Matthews, who had a breakout Super Bowl game with the Seahawks but was released in November.
wood2007
SeattleAgJr
Joining:

Patrick Lewis - Center
Michael Bennett - Defensive End
Steven Terrell - Free Safety
Christine Michael - Running Back

That makes the Seahawks the team with the most Ags at present.
soleta27
Must be part of the 12th man agreement
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Must be part of the 12th man agreement
which expires this year. way to jinx the players, man.
SEC Champs
JRB78
1876er
AG
Good for Jeff. He was so good his junior year.
mcag83
coldmoose
Raven
S
Hope this works out for Jeff.
W
AG
he's one of the Ags that should have gone to the league after his junior season (1,000 yards & 12 TD's)
Hoss Bronco
AG
I thought Bennett went to Alief Taylor.
Bodhi
AG
I''ll bet a poop slap he is not on the roster come opening day. They need a spare for the 2nd and 3rd string QBs to throw to in mini camp and to run scout offense for the starting D. Same thing every year when Jerrod "signs:. Neither will ever play in the league. Their time has passed.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I''ll bet a poop slap he is not on the roster come opening day. They need a spare for the 2nd and 3rd string QBs to throw to in mini camp and to run scout offense for the starting D. Same thing every year when Jerrod "signs:. Neither will ever play in the league. Their time has passed.
But for now, he is in the league, earning a salary, and will benefit from working on a good solid team with a coaching staff that develops players.
Vinny
Ummm....he was undrafted in 2012 not 2013.
Motel California
S
quote:
I thought Bennett went to Alief Taylor.

I thought today was Friday? Monday??
TexAg15
AG
Jeff was expected to be the #2 WR for the Stamps this year. I wonder what pays more: CFL contributor or NFL OTW/training camp participant?
spherical
AG
quote:
quote:
But for now, he is in the league, earning a salary, and will benefit from working on a good solid team with a coaching staff that develops players.
also... what's your problem?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
quote:
also... what's your problem?
You apparently are the one with the problem.
spherical
AG
I was actually responding to the the guy putting Jeff and Jerrod down. just going for the full context reply there
Amazing Moves
quote:
Joining:

Patrick Lewis - Center

Fify
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
Joining:

Patrick Lewis - Center

Fify
Um.. MB is still on the team. And is an Ag.....
texag86
AG
Bennett has disowned Texas A&M

Gigem Jeff Fuller!
Bodhi
AG
quote:
quote:

I think saying he is "in the league" is a little generous.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

I think saying he is "in the league" is a little generous.

Well, as of this point, he is as much in the league as Johnny is, so I am sure his bank account is grateful.

Yes, he is likely to be cut before the full season, or shortly into the full season, but who knows, he may make it, and if not with the Hawks, another team may be interested enough to pick him up during the fall.
MidTnAg
AG
Jeff regressed significantly and essentially permanently his fourth year here.

If he had entered the draft early, he may have kept progressing like he did in his first three years.
VonDaMan
lb1lb2
AG
I am not completely sure but I do not think the NFL off season pays anything or if it does it is a bare minimum. He has the opportunity to make the team and realize a nice pay check.
wbt5845
AG
This happened right in front of me - still freakiest catch I've ever seen in person.

wbt5845
AG
quote:
I am not completely sure but I do not think the NFL off season pays anything or if it does it is a bare minimum. He has the opportunity to make the team and realize a nice pay check.

Practice squad is not paid in off season, but he probably got a signing bonus to hold him over.
wasabi1787
AG
Hopefully he makes the team and doesn't drop the ball again this time.
HappyMaroon
AG
quote:
This happened right in front of me - still freakiest catch I've ever seen in person.

You played free safety at Baylor?
Decay
AG
I thought he was a bit clunky coming out of school and thought he'd be an NFL receiver... eventually. Sounds like he's stayed in the game so hopefully he's worked on his weaknesses, gotten stronger and gotten his technique up. If he improved in a couple of key areas he should be fine. He won't be a superstar but he had decent size to start with and could get plenty of catches.
war hymn aggie
AG
Hope this works out for Jeff.

Also, hoping to see Derel Walker show up somewhere. He had much better CFL stats than Fuller last year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.