Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Major League Football (MLF)

9,136 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by FCBlitz
Oilfield Aggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14748865/major-league-football-new-spring-league-begins-taking-shape
For those hoping for **** thread sorry.
Artorias
AG
JFF's future employer?
Hu11abaloo
AG
Thought this was an article about SEC football.
jackie childs
it'd be so much cooler if they called it the Major Independent League Football
Post removed:
by user
vander54
S
I wonder how many Aggies were drafted?
unmade bed
Welp, I was gonna help out OP so I Google searched "M-I-L-F" for images and now my computer has gonorrhea. At work too. Glad I'm the boss. Sorry, didn't find anything I could post without catching the perma.

I was just looking for a couple of photos of some provocatively dressed older babes, but nope, the internet was having none of that. That escalated quickly.
superunknown
AG
Larry Kirksey, one of the WR coaches under Slocum is a head coach in the league.
Al Bula
AG
Johnny gonna tear MLF up.
unmade bed
quote:
Larry Kirksey, one of the WR coaches under Slocum is a head coach in the league.

Kirksey was always one of my favorite Slocum era coaches. Didn't he take over playcalling at one point or am I mixing him up with Sumlin? I know sumlin did in RCs last year, but I was thinking Kirksey did a few years earlier, and then ended up going to the NFL.
Artorias
AG
quote:
Johnny gonna tear MLF up.
He seriously would. He would be going up against all the former college players who weren't big/strong/fast enough to make it in the NFL - the very same guys he lit up in college. You know MLF would love to have someone as high profile as JFF as the face of their wannabe league. I have to imagine they are already calling him considering no NFL team will touch him for the foreseeable future.
Fitzwilly
AG
Uhhh... Maybe not so fast on that idea....

The list of MLFB head coaches includes Campo, former University of Florida head coach Hall, longtime NFL defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell and veteran NFL quarterback Chris Miller. Although MLFB is willing to give second chances to players who have made mistakes off the field, Chandler said the league places a premium on character and maintains zero tolerance for domestic violence.

"It's one strike, and you're out," Chandler said. "You don't get a second chance to hit your girlfriend -- not in this league."

superunknown
AG
Think he had just been promoted to OC or AHC-Offense/WR when the 49ers hired him away. Maybe right before Ensminger hire? Can't recall details.
superunknown
AG
quote:
Think he had just been promoted to OC or AHC-Offense/WR when the Lions hired him away. Maybe right before Ensminger hire? Can't recall details.

Checked details, hired him from 49ers.
Seven Costanza
AG
I don't know enough about the reasons for the USFL's failure. What will this league do that is different/better than the USFL?
Artorias
AG
quote:
Uhhh... Maybe not so fast on that idea....

The list of MLFB head coaches includes Campo, former University of Florida head coach Hall, longtime NFL defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell and veteran NFL quarterback Chris Miller. Although MLFB is willing to give second chances to players who have made mistakes off the field, Chandler said the league places a premium on character and maintains zero tolerance for domestic violence.

"It's one strike, and you're out," Chandler said. "You don't get a second chance to hit your girlfriend -- not in this league."

Yeah that's all noble and good, but we'll see how long that lasts when they can't sell tickets and make any money. My guess is they will be looking for players that will put butts in seats, and JFF will do that.
zephyr88
AG
If any of the smoke from BSC chick proves to be fire, JFF is toast. No NFL, No MLF, No CFL. I hope it's not true, but there's a lot of smoke out there.
Ginormus Ag
AG
San Antonio gets screwed out of another franchise.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
MLFB doesn't have individual team owners. Instead, the league is publicly traded, and investors and shareholders own a proportionate interest in each team.

Probably the best part of this. Teams want to beat each other on the field, but they need to have plenty of other teams to play and make a viable league. Thus, teams that go out of business are bad for everyone.

CaveDwellinAg
AG
I think the vestibulospinal tract runs in the MLF
SlackerAg
AG
Cougars vs. Pumas?
CrottyKid
AG
How does one buy stock in this potential failure?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
I don't know enough about the reasons for the USFL's failure. What will this league do that is different/better than the USFL?

Watch "Small Potatoes" on Netflix. Outstanding 30 for 30 doc about the rise and fall of the USFL. Director lays the blame at Trump's feet because he got owners to switch to fall ball from spring.
Mateo84
AG
What about the XFL? That was pretty amazing
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
What about the XFL? That was pretty amazing

I always wanted a He Hate Me jersey

p8aggie
AG
Maybe San Antonio can get a MLF team since they got passed over by the Raiders.
aggiejim70
AG
quote:
Maybe San Antonio can get a MLF team since they got passed over by the Raiders.
C'mon man......That's just mean.

The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Chughes88
AG
Tony Hurd and Lionel Smith making the cut on Team ford. Looks like I gotta watch now.
Ambres
AG
I think their is a demand for a Spring League.. MLF might fit that bill.

However some issues.
http://www.mlfbmedia.com/about-mlfb-league-overview/

1. Avg price per ticket $50.00 .. really for a starter league .. how about $20 to start then raise it slowly as you develop a market.

2. Emerging markets absent of NFL and MLB .. well St Louis won't get a team.. not sure who is the winner or loser.. the issue with this is that you eliminate the most profitable markets for TV revenues. But I hear the North Dakota vs Alaska will bring in a hugh crowd.

First 6 .. last 2 haven't been named yet.
Akron, Ohio
Eugene, Oregon
Birmingham, Alabama
Orlando, Florida
Little Rock, Arkansas
Norfolk, Virginia

3. Talking about crowd.. they expect avg attend at 12K - 15K .. again that sounds about right as a start up crowd.. just lower the ticket price initially until you build a fan base.

4. April - July season.. sounds good.. right at the same time as MLB but it ends in time for the best players to get into NFL camps.

5. Publicly traded .. hmm I might invest.
Ragoo
AG
tony hurd was drafted
AgsLv44
AG
Think Jonathan Mathis is playing as well. Team in Oregon
FCBlitz
quote:
San Antonio gets screwed out of another franchise.

My guess the money guys in SA did not want this. I am not sure why but I guess make some intelligent guesses why. Why not by pass all of the stupid Pollitics and put a team in New Braunfelds or Sam Marcos.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.