Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SEC's Claim of Von Miller

13,244 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by vin1041
Classof19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

The moment you realize Von Miller has no association with the SEC.

Ozmandius
False.

Von Miller is an Aggie. Texas A&M plays in the SEC. That is good enough for marketing.

What is the BDF gonna do? They can't claim him because that would help A&M, which is in SEC country.
Aggball2010
AG
quote:
False.

Von Miller is an Aggie. Texas A&M plays in the SEC. That is good enough for marketing.

What is the BDF gonna do? They can't claim him because that would help A&M, which is in SEC country.

Exactly this.
BombayAg
Agree with OP. Von is great, but he isn't a SEC product.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Fine with it.

Von didn't play in the SEC but A&M is now in it. I can see both sides of the argument but I can see why the SEC woulda wana claim him obviously.
Flashdiaz
AG
SEC could have tapped the brakes a bit.... afterall, they'll be able to claim Myles Garret in a couple years.
Drake aTm
AG
Might as well claim super bowl winning head coach.

Can't hurt, especially since we hardly ever get positive media spin.
Eliminatus
AG
Kind of ironic that there is a Superbowl MVP earned by destroying the NFL MVP.
StrykerAg
AG
What a year for the SEC (its schools/fans), not necessarily its products. That's how I took it. Aggies are all happy about Von and Kubiak. The pub is good for A&M, therefore it is good for the SEC.
redd38
AG
I'll allow it.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
I mean, we claimed the SEC's national championship streak as our own, even though we were still in the Big XII for most of those wins.
GIF Reactor
AG
Also could have shown Peyton...
Spyderman
AG
quote:
SEC could have tapped the brakes a bit.... afterall, they'll be able to claim Myles Garret in a couple years.
Nope, full speed ahead.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
False.

Exactly this.

+1
TKMorris
quote:
Fine with it.

Von didn't play in the SEC but A&M is now in it. I can see both sides of the argument but I can see why the SEC woulda wana claim him obviously.
Yep. I'm okay with the rest of the SEC stepping into Texas A&M's shine when we have it. Anyone who pays attention to Von is getting a positive A&M message.
VatoLocoAggie
I like it!
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:
False.

This is almost as pathetic as your microscopic dingus.
Meximan
quote:
quote:
False.

Exactly this.
Bowlsby: So, I've brought everyone here today to discuss our marketing campaign for this upcoming athletic year. As you all know, the Denver Broncos just won the Super Bowl, and one of our former Big 12 players just won the MVP award. With the permission of the board, I would like to make a motion to start a marketing campaign championing our player-
Starr: Uh, Bob?
Bowlsby: -who was also the number two overall pick, if you-
Stoops: Bob?
Bowblsy: -remember, from just a few years-
Kingsbury: *cough* Bob...
Bowlsby: -back. With all that mind, I say we put on an all-out effort to-
Strong: BOB.
Bowlsy: (as if finally noticing that people are in the room with him) Yes?
Strong: You know he's an A&M grad, right?
Bowlsy: Yes, that's why oh s***...
Strong: Yeah.
Bowlsy: Strike that motion from the record.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah, about that...
AnalogyAg
say SEC expanded and we picked up XYZ UNIVERSITY and it turns out XYZ has 50 former players currently playing in the NFL.

i think it would be completely natural and correct to include those players when bragging about the SEC numbers in the NFL. it shiws the quality of the program, and that program is now SEC.
mike_ags_fan12
quote:
Agree with OP. Von is great, but he isn't a SEC product.

Well he played with SEC skill
Hoss Bronco
AG
Are you saying Von Miller has no home?

John David Crow, Dat Nguyen, Jacob Green, and Bubba Bean have all been announced as SEC Football Legends, and it's only a matter of time before Von is as well. Von's home is wherever his school is, which is now the SEC. So while he may not be a product of the SEC, the SEC can now lay claim to him. Goodness knows the BDF won't.
Kemo Sabe
Hell yeah the SEC should claim him. Promote the heck out of it. That's good for us and the SEC. We don't have any more affiliation with the big12 than we do with the SWC.
DecadePlan
AG
Kind of a silly thing to argue. What's important here is that the SEC claims US, so by extension, they claim our heritage. It's just a family thing, man!
Kemo Sabe
On another note, all those games we played those years are just non-conference games now. If you still have a problem with it, just remember who writes the checks for tv and ad revenue.
Rocco S
The big 12 can go **** itself with a 14 inch dildo. They don't get to claim **** that's ours.
rockylarues
Wouldn't it have made more sense to claim the SB winning QB who actually played for an SEC team?
Hoss Bronco
AG
quote:
Wouldn't it have made more sense to claim the SB winning QB who actually played for an SEC team?
Good idea. No need to ask Von to move over. Just add it to the list. However, we both know that Von and the defense won the Super Bowl. The QB just rode that horse to glory.
fanof3.88
I guess the Dallas Cowboys have super bowl claims like this too since Demarcus Ware played for them before going to Denver. SMH
njohn87
AG
quote:
Are you saying Von Miller has no home?

John David Crow, Dat Nguyen, Jacob Green, and Bubba Bean have all been announced as SEC Football Legends, and it's only a matter of time before Von is as well. Von's home is wherever his school is, which is now the SEC. So while he may not be a product of the SEC, the SEC can now lay claim to him. Goodness knows the BDF won't.
That's the price of moving conferences, that that history doesn't really have a home anymore, other than the school itself. I think it was worth it, but we can't have our cake and eat it.
Kemo Sabe
No, that would interfere with the Cowboys laying claim to being the biggest dufuses in pro football. Had they drafted a QB two years ago instead a lineman that resembled Lumpy Rutherford they would have been in the playoffs this year even with Crip Romo going down. Too bad that great O-Line they drafted couldn't keep Tony out of the back of the Dallas Cowboy ambulance.
JSKolache
AG
---> apply same principle to all political advertising
njohn87
AG
I can't distinguish between the ironic hot takes and the genuine hot takes anymore.
ISEN AG
AG
No problem with the SEC claiming him by extension. Yes some of our greatest players played in defunct & dying conferences where they would get no collegiate recognition outside A&M mostly out of spite because we left. The bdf would never allow Von Miller to be in their hof so if the SEC wants to claim and honor our legends I have no problem with it.
BMX Bandit
the things that bother some people are simply amazing.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.