Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

New Commitment under Sumlin

17,801 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by CoachLB
CoachLB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are all that way because from High School stadiums everywhere to Bryant- Denny stadium at the University of Ala. Stadiums are filled with fans who know more about our job and can out-coach us all. Yes, that includes Nick Saban! It is one of the only jobs in America that the people not actually taking part in the field know more that the people doing it. Just surprised more people don't do it for a living. But lighten up. I was just having fun with yall. Coaches understand this is part of the job. Oh, could you give me the name of the forum for the line of work you do so me and my friends can go whine about the job yall are doing.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Have @ it....

http://www.oilfield.com/forum/
wisdom
AG
On the issue of Coach Sumlin....I am a sunshine-pumper. But....why not make the change during the season?......and....where was the game plan for the bowl game? Just did the same old failing stuff over and over again.
CoachLB
Oil!! I could have a field day with that! But I am not pretentious enough to even think for a second I know nearly as much as you do about your line of work. You see, I know you have been educated in your field, and have real live experience in what you do. I believe you have spent time studying, and have gone through tough experiences that taught lessons I could never learn just from being an Oil fan. I believe you have been mentored and taught by experienced people in your line of work who are highly thought of in your field. That doesn't stop me from having an opinion. But I will never ever think I know more than anyone in your field. I am smarter than that!
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Don't sell yourself short.... You're prolly smarter than a few of the roughnecks
CoachLB
Thanks!! I hope I didn't come across as too pretentious. I am sure some of yall may be able to out-coach some small private school junior high coaches too!
Post removed:
by user
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
So it took $10 mil and getting curb stomped to figure that out. I could have told him that 2 years back.
If you were a physician, you'd have no patients.
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
We are all that way because from High School stadiums everywhere to Bryant- Denny stadium at the University of Ala. Stadiums are filled with fans who know more about our job and can out-coach us all. Yes, that includes Nick Saban! It is one of the only jobs in America that the people not actually taking part in the field know more that the people doing it. Just surprised more people don't do it for a living. But lighten up. I was just having fun with yall. Coaches understand this is part of the job. Oh, could you give me the name of the forum for the line of work you do so me and my friends can go whine about the job yall are doing.

If I had a group of people follow my work they would think they could do better too. You aren't special.

I suppose you haven't noticed the public commenting on politics? And you haven't criticized Obama not once. No sir, Obama can only be criticized by other presidents.
trm94
AG
Actually, if the new DT coach is as good a hire as Turner is, I think Sumlin has all the pieces in place. The weakness at OL was addressed in spades by Turner, and the bonus is that the man is a relentless recruiter. WR coach is better than many think, and again a good recruiter. QB coach will be the younger Mazzone, or even the Father. Thing is, he is WELL liked by his QB's and UCLA has had some good ones. I think if the younger Mazzone is his coach we have ZERO issues hanging on to Tate. As for Mazzone, he is a more mature Spavital. The scheme won't change a lot, but the play calling will be more consistent.

One glaring weakness on the offense is at RB coach. I'd still like to see Sumlin address that with an East Texas HS coach who can be the bagman, like you see with our neighbors to the East.

Banks is great with the ST, and probably our best recruiter. On the defense, we got rid of the worst recruiter in Hagen, though I question Price's ability to actually coach. Our DE's HAVE to learn how to play against the run. Recruiting is fine. The DB coach is pretty good as well. LB's currently coached by Chavis. DC is one of thee best when it comes to scheme.

Address RB, and Sumlin has all the pieces in place to be successful - long term, and even in the SEC.
crag
AG
quote:
Oh, could you give me the name of the forum for the line of work you do so me and my friends can go whine about the job yall are doing.

I would but you wouldn't understand the work I do.

Coaching is not rocket science, with all due respect.
CoachLB
Rusty - Just having some fun! Crag - Then quit your job and do it. Deal with those fans and parents. Knowing about football is not enough. You better actually KNOW football. And you better love the kids, be able to deal with parents, and love the game. No it is not Rocket Science. No coach will tell you it is. But you better be ready in many different ways to do it for a living are you will never last. That is why most people are not willing to actually take on the job! To the good fans please accept my apology. You can disagree with me and that is OK. I would never suggest I could do your job better like some on here believe they can out coach Sumlin. You see this is not about me. You don't know me. My mistake is getting on here and listening to people go after a fellow coach. Like I said disagreeing is one thing. But to just go crazy about Sumlin is crazy. But, my mistake for getting on here.
Rusty GCS
AG
I coach little dribblers. I feel Sumlin's pain.
TexasAggiesWin
S
There are two things every man in America thinks he can do: work a grill and coach football.
CoachLB
Rusty - Thank you for investing your time for the kids! Do what you believe is best for your kids and your team. You make the calls on what you believe and you can sleep at night. Some will be right and some wrong, but I promise you can live with the results. I also believe you will teach the kids how to be successful and in time the results will come. Good Luck to you!
CoachLB
Texasaggie - So True!!
TX_Aggie37
AG
Weird amount of smiley faces in Coach's posts
Wabs
AG
CoachLB is good people
CoachLB
Thanks Wabs! I appreciate that. Txaggie37 - The only way I know how to show that to me the internet is not serious business. Just sticking up for my profession which apparently some people think anybody with a pulse can do. But, it is all just fun with me.
TX_Aggie37
AG
The internet is serious business... how else would people know how tough and smart we are if we didn't yell about stuff and express our opinions
mpaggie06
AG
Sumlin sucks
Trident 88
AG
Sumlin doesn't suck.
ashley
quote:
Actually, if the new DT coach is as good a hire as Turner is, I think Sumlin has all the pieces in place. The weakness at OL was addressed in spades by Turner, and the bonus is that the man is a relentless recruiter. WR coach is better than many think, and again a good recruiter. QB coach will be the younger Mazzone, or even the Father. Thing is, he is WELL liked by his QB's and UCLA has had some good ones. I think if the younger Mazzone is his coach we have ZERO issues hanging on to Tate. As for Mazzone, he is a more mature Spavital. The scheme won't change a lot, but the play calling will be more consistent.

One glaring weakness on the offense is at RB coach. I'd still like to see Sumlin address that with an East Texas HS coach who can be the bagman, like you see with our neighbors to the East.

Banks is great with the ST, and probably our best recruiter. On the defense, we got rid of the worst recruiter in Hagen, though I question Price's ability to actually coach. Our DE's HAVE to learn how to play against the run. Recruiting is fine. The DB coach is pretty good as well. LB's currently coached by Chavis. DC is one of thee best when it comes to scheme.

Address RB, and Sumlin has all the pieces in place to be successful - long term, and even in the SEC.

Have you never realized it's about players.
Last year should have given you a clue.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Couldn't disagree w this more.....

We got clowned by the following teams....

Bama
Ole miss
Auburn
Lsu
Louisville

3 of those our talent should've been more than enough.... The other 2 should've @ least been competitive.....

But hey.... I'm not a high school football coach; so I don't understand that piss poor oline fundamentals, inability to block a scheme target, letting a dead duck qb throw 23 straight incompletions, & running the same 5 offensive plays over & over...Falls on the head coach......

If only I had chosen to be a high school football coach...... Ohh what if.... Maybe then I'd know......

Woe is me
BowhunterAg83
AG
quote:
Awesome!
CoachLB
If only I had went into oil! Then I could act like I could be a great coach but never have to prove it! When my team doesn't play well I actually have to correct it. Some folks just get to whine and act like they could do it better! But actually doing it and getting a ring is way more rewarding! Woe is me!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.