Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Family of worker killed during Kyle Field construction awarded $53 million

27,885 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by strbrst777
TAMU1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry, this guy is not worth $53 million to society. And before those who get offended to such a statement and say I am heartless, the government decided something similar to this when the towers came down on 9/11. Why not use that? That probably won't happen because it would cut into the income of a key/core constituency of democrats.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
Sorry, this guy is not worth $53 million to society. And before those who get offended to such a statement and say I am heartless, the government decided something similar to this when the towers came down on 9/11. Why not use that? That probably won't happen because it would cut into the income of a key/core constituency of democrats.
Jury awards are not based on an individual's worth to society. HTH.
Post removed:
by user
John Maplethorpe
AG
quote:
His income isn't relevant to the noneconomic damages award.

Amazing how people can conclude the jury got it wrong without hearing any of the evidence.

Agree with MaS444. This verdict amount will certainly get the court of appeals attention& a reverse is very Possible. If I'm the plaintiff lawyer, I settle as quickly as possible

I know i know"pain and suffering" . I'm still trying to figure out how pain and suffering from one accident is worth more than the entire GDP of several small nations.
BMX Bandit
Those nations may not work hard enough.

AggieNiebs
AG
quote:
As someone with very close ties to this case; suffice it to say that the case will be appealed.

Oh, cool, gotcha! I needed a true insider to tell me that a $53million settlement was going to be appealed!!
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
quote:
As someone with very close ties to this case; suffice it to say that the case will be appealed.

Oh, cool, gotcha! I needed a true insider to tell me that a $53million settlement was going to be appealed!!
BMX Bandit
quote:
quote:

how do you appeal a settlement?

do you even law bro?
strbrst777
strbrst777

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.