Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

3 yards down field rule

4 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Aggiebrewer
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:

No. Tripping ballcarrier was exception to the tripping rule

quote:

Not sure about that. Maybe it was just at the NFL level, but I saw that called several times this year when players attempted trip the ball carrier with their legs.

I'm addressing NCAA rules. This is about an NCAA rule change. nfl may have a rule about tripping ballcarrier. That has no bearing on NCAA rule.

Saturday & Sunday rules are different in lots of ways. And it's hard to keep them separate for many folks. (I'm lookin at you coaches )

I don't think you understood my comment. I played college football and you can't try and trip a ball carrier with your legs. It's often called as "tripping" or a "leg whip".
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
91 lawyer Ag:

Get this through your head. People like bayside will continue to call football "pussified" even though they weigh a buck eighty and never made it past pop warner. It's easy to say NFL players are pussified from the safety of your keyboard.

Football is a game. I raised my right hand and put on a uniform to be sent to overseas to be shot at and blown the **** up. Being tackled hard in a ****ing game is the least of my worries. It's a rule for little B's. I've know what evils men can do to each other. And it sure as hell doesn't involve hitting a "defenseless" player on passing route in a game. Your perspectives may be different however.
BMX Bandit
Thank you for your service. The risk can't even be compared between what you bravely volunteered for and what is just a game. They aren't remotely close. What you did took selfless courage & everyone should admire it because few can appreciate the enormous sacrifice it is.

But that doesn't make your criticism of rule meant to protect players any less ridiculous.
Joe Exotic
AG
That's a valid point. My response was only meant to counter the idea that someone criticizing this rule must be weak and lacking in fortitude themselves.
bgrimm05
AG
quote:
Claiming that minor rule changes to a game played by 300 pound monsters trying to brutalized their opponents is really stupid. Really Stupid.

Is it just me, or does that sentence not make any sense?
Post removed:
by user
Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:
I'm not on this board much. Is this thread indicative of the way posters generally treat one another on this board?
fightinag
quote:
It will be interesting to see if Big 12 refs enforce the rule or not.
tu will be exempted
brotheraggie
BowhunterAg83
AG
The line of scrimmage rule will effect us greatly in our new offense. We have 5x more Run Pass Options ( RPO ) in our new offense. Lineman will have to be very disciplined.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
we will know 3 minutes into the first bowl game involving a BDF team.
Froppe
AG

With our new o-line coach we may have to worry, since our line probably won't be consistently knocked 3 yards into our own backfield.

And, baylro won't have to worry, unless rape and it's coverup starts getting penalized....
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
I played college football and you can't try and trip a ball carrier with your legs. It's often called as "tripping" or a "leg whip".

I've officiated college football, and you CAN (at least through last season) trip the runner with your legs. Read Rule 9 Section 1 of the NCAA Football Rules.

Why would they be making the change if it was already prohibited?
The Real Maroon Blood
AG
The primary problem with the 3 yd rule is not necessarily "Play Action" pass plays. On PA plays, the OLine KNOWS not to go downfield.
What has happened the past few years with some Air Raid "gurus" is literally calling a play with a run blocking scheme by the OLine but a pass route option for the QB if the defensive alignment allows. I actually listened to Holgerson talk about this at a clinic. They basically are daring officials to call a penalty--betting that the ball is out of the QBs hand before the OLinemen get far enough past the LOS to warrant a flag.
Baylor does this on a vast majority of their plays. Its a way of skirting the rules based on the speed of the play and the ball being thrown. The Defense cannot make a correct read because the OL are run-blocking on a pass play.
Lungblood
quote:
91 lawyer Ag:

Get this through your head. People like bayside will continue to call football "pussified" even though they weigh a buck eighty and never made it past pop warner. It's easy to say NFL players are pussified from the safety of your keyboard.

I bet bmx popped a lotta wheelies in his parents driveway, back in the day ... Like last weekend
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:

Only when Baylor plays tu.
powerbiscuit
why they always gotta be screwing with the rules?
94chem
Still a game with roided up monsters with Olympic speed trying to kill each other, so the game can be decided by a DB breathing on somebody accidentally, or a 105 lb guy who washed out of the Liechtenstein 4th division.
Sean56
High Shool should be 7 man officiating crew too
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.