Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

This Board ******s about the Sherman regime...

11,334 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by phatbeast
Aftermath
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
..... Every day, and now it kisses arse with the Turner hire. It Is a great hire! But the direction change and flakey behavior of the posters here is hilarious...
The Collective
AG
This board *****es about Sherman's tenure in general. It does not mean that all of the pieces sucked.
Captain Pablo
AG
You (OP) don't know what you're talking about
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Do you ever not cry when you post?
Schrute
I need to punish myself for clicking on a damn thread by Aftermath. Got damn I'm an idiot.
Josepi
AG
Complaining about complaining...Nice!
Phog06
AG
OP what are you talking about dude? Turner has always been thought of as an outstanding OL coach so I am not sure what you are referring too.
chipotle
ah yes....the .500 era. Good times.
WGann3
AG
Case study in awful Aftermath posts.

You can't wrap your head around the fact that Sherman and staff produced great offensive lines, but underwhelmed in way too many other areas to stick around? You don't like the idea of bringing back someone who actually was extremely successful at their job when here? I can't help you if that's the case...
Hu11abaloo
AG
The only thing the zoo complained about regarding Sherman were his second half collapses. It is largely understood by those same posters that we had a beast of an OL during his tenure.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Is it breaking new that when new coaches are hired, they tend to bring their own staff with them?
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:
Do you ever not cry when you post?
Aftermath
AG
I am a fan of Sherman and of Turner.... Let's review some older posts and see what this board has said over the last year or two.
Schrute
quote:
I am a fan of Sherman and of Turner.... Let's review some older posts and see what this board has said over the last year or two.
Let's not and say we did, then you never post again. Thanks.
BMX Bandit
Solid fail thread
Clown Question
The main problem with the Sherman regime was that Sherman was a terrible college OC. He had good ideas on the playbook but could not manage the game like a college OC and would constantly revert to his default NFL mentality. Plus, he was not on board with the SEC even after the decision to move was made.
Post removed:
by user
phatbeast
AG
Who is blue starring OP? Does he have a sock?
Post removed:
by user
ingramsh
AG
If there was one thing not to bi** about from the Sherman regime.. it's the stacked OL he recruited and developed.

Sit down.
VikingNik
AG
We can complain about his terrible offensive playcalls, especially in the second halves of games where he never could handle any adjustments made from the opposition and also appreciate that he is responsible for one of the most impressive Collegiate Offensive lines I've ever witnessed.
kekumbas
This board *****es about everything that has ever happened ever. No need to point out the specifics
Miles711
AG
The zoo would complain about world peace being too boring.
ag2003
AG
Sherman wasn't getting it done as a head coach, but he may have been one of the greatest OL evaluators and developers we've ever had at A&M, and Turner was a huge part of that. There is no denying the absolute domination of our OL during Sherman's tenure. It was the rest that was sub-par.
WGann3
AG
quote:
Please pull up all the threads you can that talk poorly about Jim Turner. I'm genuinely interested in seeing those because I don't recall much hate for him at all. I don't want Sherman hate threads, I know those exist and they should exist.
rangerdanger
AG
Sherman was undefeated at halftime. Didn't you hear?!
_mpaul
AG
quote:
..... Every day, and now it kisses arse with the Turner hire. It Is a great hire! But the direction change and flakey behavior of the posters here is hilarious...
The only reason I was on the fence about letting Sherman go was because I was scared about what would happen to the OL. In my opinion, Sherman's problems had far more to do with the ability to connect to kids and turn them into smart football players and the inability to recruit on defense.
VatoLocoAggie
The Zooligans are a fickle group.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

Sherman was a lousy play caller when he had a lead and was one of the worst coaches in history when it came to team psyche/morale management (his teams were petrified in all the close games his last season). But he did a lot of things well. He was fantastic with football schematics and taught fundamentals with the best of them (though oddly his teams were always heavily penalized). It's not crazy or flakey to see that.
Mostly Peaceful
quote:
quote:
The only reason I was on the fence about letting Sherman go was because I was scared about what would happen to the OL. In my opinion, Sherman's problems had far more to do with the ability to connect to kids and turn them into smart football players and the inability to recruit on defense.
I would say Sherman's main problem was not being able to spend $1 million plus on coordinators on either side of the ball. Not that it makes him any better of a coach than what we saw, but he brought a lot to the table in several different areas.

I'd like to look back and see how much pumping was going on with hires like Joe Kines and Nolan Cromwell. I do remember people getting pretty fired up about Kines stopping that inside trap.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
And part of the job of being a head coach is convincing your bosses to give you enough money to get the people you want. Sumlin has been great at that.
Mostly Peaceful
quote:
And part of the job of being a head coach is convincing your bosses to give you enough money to get the people you want. Sumlin has been great at that.
Yeah. Probably didn't have anything to do with the little bit of extra money coming in from Johnny and the SEC. I bet Sumlin was burning up the phone lines trying to get enough money together to bring in an elite DC. We could have had Chavis 6 years ago if Sherman didn't suck so bad.
Barnacle
AG
OP acts like this board is one person asserting one position and then changing it. Just a heads up man, this board is composed of many different people who have many different opinions. Different people choose to assert their opinions at different times believe it or not.

There's also the concept of throwing the baby out with the bath water. Just because I didn't like Sherman's coaching staff as a whole, does not mean I do not like individuals off of that team.
Swill94
AG
I think the Sherman regime in "general" were great coaches, but great player coaches. They recruited well and got a lot out of players from the previous coaching staff. They brought up their player's worth ethic, attention to detail and taught them to be great men. Only problem was they weren't great game managers which is what led to the 2nd half comebacks in 2011
WGann3
AG
quote:
Who is blue starring OP? Does he have a sock?
Apparently he has 3 socks now.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.