Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Played under Jim Turner

23,514 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Olsen
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm about to hop on a flight
Look at me I fly on planes
eATMup-Reveille
Hopefully he will improve the OL greatly. That will help get more W's...and remember, without W's......SWAG is simply SAG.
vander54
S
quote:
There you have it folks, the most positive thing ever written by 1876er on TexAgs.

quote:

I don't see anything.
vander54
S
Thank you for your input.
aggiedent
AG
quote:
Love my buddy Mike but our HC better contend this season or me thinks he is done.

1. Does anybody really expect us to contend for a Conference championship with Knight/Hubenak at QB? I'm thinking that's wishful thinking, but I hope I'm dead wrong.

2. As long as the team plays hard, looks unified, and wins a respectable number of games; Sumlin isn't going anywhere.
vander54
S
quote:
quote:
Love my buddy Mike but our HC better contend this season or me thinks he is done.

1. Does anybody really expect us to contend for a Conference championship with Knight/Hubenak at QB? I'm thinking that's wishful thinking, but I hope I'm dead wrong.

2. As long as the team plays hard, looks unified, and wins a respectable number of games; Sumlin isn't going anywhere.

Agreed. Especially with your second point.
Post removed:
by user
ColoAg95
AG
I'm excited to see Turner back. I hope coaches gel and we have a great season.
ham98
He should have been hired instead of DC last year.
SiValleyAg68
AG
quote:
Excellent hire. I don't see any weak links in our coaching staff. Probably the best staff from top to bottom.
I predict we will be surprising a lot of people this season and may be the proverbial Dark Horse team.

I am still not sold on Trevor Knight. I believe that Hubes is going to be the savior and we will be fine.

Anyways, great hire and welcome back Coach Turner. We missed you.
You're saying Knight will not ride the Dark Horse?
Agit8r
AG
Give coach Sumlin credit. He's trying hard to right the ship. So far, so good.

canadiaggie
AG
I wonder if the o-line recruits who passed on us are now regretting their decision. Turner just churns out NFL players.
Meximan
quote:
There you have it folks, the most positive thing ever written by 1876er on TexAgs.

Red Skye
AG
quote:
quote:

It's like seeing a leprechaun riding a unicorn across a double rainbow.
jim 78
AG
Good Bull!! Gig em
Froppe
AG
Big Sherm could spot good talent in his sleep....

I'm glad we got Turner!
Eddie Vedder
I remember walking by the Bright Building after a game several years ago. Michael Shumard was walking with his family and looked like he had been in a gang fight...limping as he walked slowly, one arm in a sling, face flush red from the heat.

You're a true warrior and Aggie, Big Mike. Lots of respect and appreciation for you.
Token
AG
quote:
Turner is solid. If Sumlin steals Ed O from LSU or The chief grabs his guy from tu, I'm all in for a little extended hope, otherwise the program is done under Sumdog. He got ***** slapped on the field and in the living room last year. He also waited to long for the firing and hiring. Why wait when he knew he had 3 lame duck coaches/re recruiters? Cost the program huge with the uncommitted big time players the last week of recruiting season. Sumlin is a poor manager and has yet to justify his $5 million salary. Love my buddy Mike but our HC better contend this season or me thinks he is done.
his guy from Texas, Brick Haley, is a joke
Roger Kint
AG
quote:
quote:
Turner is solid. If Sumlin steals Ed O from LSU or The chief grabs his guy from tu, I'm all in for a little extended hope, otherwise the program is done under Sumdog. He got ***** slapped on the field and in the living room last year. He also waited to long for the firing and hiring. Why wait when he knew he had 3 lame duck coaches/re recruiters? Cost the program huge with the uncommitted big time players the last week of recruiting season. Sumlin is a poor manager and has yet to justify his $5 million salary. Love my buddy Mike but our HC better contend this season or me thinks he is done.
Isn't he regarded as a great recruiter, though? We went from a staff full of recruiters to having no one who could recruit Texas. That hire probably needs a pretty heavy emphasis on recruiting ability.
Rusty GCS
AG
Brick isn't seen as good as Ed O but did very well at LSU. Texas did just recruit pretty well off a 5-7 season. People were labeling Brick as garbage when tu wasn't recruiting well a few months ago and had no DL committed. That sure changed.

But Brick has a special needs child. Don't know if he wants to keep moving. Maybe. He would be another asset in Louisiana - Chief, Joseph, Turner, Brick
unmade bed
Good to hear from you.

Rightly or wrongly we are going to be negatively recruited against to future recruits' families due to this hire. The more accurate and truthful information that can get out to the public the better.

I think the NFL report treated Jim Turner unfairly, but that isn't going to stop our recruiting competitors from referencing it.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Sumlin has just signed the second most important coach in his career and really show'd he means business.

This is a Saban type move and I have gone a full 180 on Sumlin after this hire.

He has made two amazing hires in the last two years. Chief and Turner. And Turner is just as important and high quality in my mind.

Excellent hire and we won't just improve next season. We will be good. Very good. Competing for Atlanta late in the year kind of good.

More pumped for this season than any season in recent memory.
CrazyDayDuck
quote:
quote:

Yeah, those D Lines at LSU totally sucked when he was there.
Agsrback12
quote:

I think the NFL report treated Jim Turner unfairly, but that isn't going to stop our recruiting competitors from referencing it.

This won't mean anything IMO. If anything, softies will not want to play for him. That's a good thing.
CrazyDayDuck
I agree with you.

That whole Jonathan Martin thing was just too freakin weird. Talk about a 300 lb crybaby.
Olsen
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.