Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Uh oh ....Ole Miss!

26,340 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Aftermath
Inspector Javert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone with a pulse can get in
halfastros81
AG
quote:
500 million dollar stadium fiasco,

What fiasco?

The Collective
AG
quote:

Well, we are all meeting min standards set forth by the NCAA. I was curious if there was a course requirement difference in HS curriculum in getting into a private university vs a public university in-state. Otherwise, I have no idea what people mean when they make the statement about TCU and Baylor getting players in that we can't.
SteveBott
AG
CJ Texas has a universal minimum grade vs test score required to get accepted and it's much tougher then the NCAA. Especially if your grades/rank is on the low end.

I have searched for it several times and cannot find it but I have seen it once and did the comparison

Probably a reason Nixon bailed on us at the last minute. TCU and bu only have to worry about NCAA minimums
Aftermath
AG
quote:
quote:

Well, we are all meeting min standards set forth by the NCAA. I was curious if there was a course requirement difference in HS curriculum in getting into a private university vs a public university in-state. Otherwise, I have no idea what people mean when they make the statement about TCU and Baylor getting players in that we can't.

It's not that the Players requirement is any different, it is not. What's happening is that these schools have gained immense popularity with the "in-crowd" at high schools across Texas. In the past, Texas and A&M were the "cool" schools and the only place to go, athletes hang with the "in-crowd " and want to go where they go... Now more of the in-crowd goes to TCU, OleMiss,Baylor,Arkansas etc....that's where they can get in. Football players in general don't hang with robotics club, debate team, Science project guys/gals.....they follow the females and their buddies. Combine that with tuition incentives and more lax grade requirements and the formula changes the old norm. We will still get players, but we will have to fight for them... Most are not concerned about their degree...they want 4 years of football and females..
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Stanford disagrees with you.
Aftermath
AG
We're nobody's Stanford....they don't pretend to be selective, and then admit Blindergarden and ACC grads two years later...
Clown Question
ole miss has been one of the dirtiest players in the game since freeze got their. ed o. was good at the game and taught freeze well. I doubt anything happens of substance because the ncaa is toothless joke. I see some minor slaps on the wrist.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I agree. In fact, that lends more credibility to my argument that players don't care that how nerdy the student body is. Thanks.
Aftermath
AG
Well, you're wrong Champ! The avg. SAT score for a Stanford Football player is 1178, ours is about 900..... They are among their peers at Stanford....not in College Station
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
And the average score for the Stanford Student body is 1475, and at A&M it is 1180. So I'm right.
spaceman
AG
"we bought and paid for that championship, and it was worth it".

If one is punished for breaking the rules, and even then does not regret it, the punishment should have been stronger.
DayAg!
S
College football money is in the billions now. No one is gonna upset network continuity or gravy trains. It's all about who calls the shots. And the NCAA, contrary to anyone's belief, doesnt. I'd put my money on Vegas every time. They make the call, that's how the game goes. The LOVE of money is the root of ALL evil. Just remember that.
VA_Ag94
AG
Wouldn't it be great if you got caught breaking the rules, all you had to do was come clean and impose some sort of "punishment" on yourself and all is okay. How great would society be if that happened everywhere?
Frankie T
I can see it now, "Honey I got caught ****ing my secretary again, so I'm going to impose a ban on myself and not **** you for one month."
Aftermath
AG
The big boys (Alabama,Texas,Ohio State,USC) always try to slow down the little guy( us, Ole Miss,Baylor, TCU,Washington, etc.) when they gain ground or start climbing the ladder. Then the little guys who are down start accusing their peers of cheating......always happens in recruiting season...kind of like election season. Most of the time its propaganda blowing little things out of proportion.In the end, Baylor,Ole Miss, Tennessee etc. will be OK, just like us and Johnny. We need to concentrate on coaching, playing and winning on the field...only the big political guys can enhance their season off the field....and we are not one of them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.