Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Allen on dysfunction

39,219 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DayAg!
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25478429/kyle-allen-texas-am-dysfunction-stems-from-manziel-led-culture

quote:
"I think the culture was a big part of it, and I think that stems from Johnny's era there -- the way that they let Johnny and [others] act there," said Allen, the No. 1-rated pro-style quarterback in the 247Sports Composite for 2014. "They [could] do that and still win games because they had Johnny and five offensive linemen playing in the NFL right now."

Allen added: "A lot of people were riding off that, 'I can do whatever the hell I want and win on Saturday.'"

quote:
"When you don't have players like Johnny and [others] there anymore, you have to really come together as a team and scrap for wins," Allen said.

"We had a lot of people who were talking about the same goal but weren't all committed and on the same page to get to that goal," Allen said.

quote:
"Everyone wasn't in a straight line. Everyone was going this way, this way, this way. We had a ton of talent there. I think that, once you get all the right coaches there and get the vision right, you can do a lot of things."
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Well.. He's not wrong.
kammrath
AG
Aggball2010
AG
I agree, mainly with that last quote.

Glad we got DC out of here, should help all around to get the right coach in place.
Wabs
AG
KA been reading the Zoo....
Flashdiaz
AG
he sure does like to talk about A&M.... what's he got to say about UH? oh yeah, no one cares.
Bunk Moreland
everything he says is unfortunately confirmation of what many have heard and feared. And ultimately it all lies at the feet of the head man Sumlin.

Glad he was pretty professional and guarded in his answers. That being said, hope from here on out he worries about his own team and future, and hopefully Sumlin fixes the problems he has been responsible for here.
8T2
There will be those who are angry with Kyle, but every word of it is true. Many have posted that on this forum.
Clown Question

quote:
he sure does like to talk about A&M.... what's he got to say about UH? oh yeah, no one cares.

No ****. While he may be right to some extent, I am getting tired of his public woman scorned act. We don't even here that much from the murrays. I am sure his new teammates love him talking about his old school all the time.
The Collective
AG
I think Kyle Allen showed quite a bit of maturity here. He deserves to tell his side of the story, especially when one considers the amount of criticism he has received. He could have gone scorched earth, but he didn't. He could have had his thoughts out there before signing day, but he didn't.
Post removed:
by user
The Collective
AG
The Murrays are doing more damage to our football program than Kyle Allen could even consider. Don't let silence fool you.
Wabs
AG
quote:

at least Kyle is more on Target with his comments than his passes.

And we have a winner!
Aggielandma12
AG
Just stating what everyone already knows
biggolfboy
AG
Clown Question

quote:
He deserves to tell his side of the story, especially when one considers the amount of criticism he has received.
There is a difference between messageboard criticism from anonymous posters (which he has received) and criticizing the program in a national news source. I don't recall anyone from A&M giving interviews talking about him in such detail. He has already given an interview where he talked about A&M's facilities compared to uh's, in addition to this one.

It is weird he keeps talking about A&M. He is at uh now.

quote:
The Murrays are doing more damage to our football program than Kyle Allen could even consider. Don't let silence fool you.
Probably but they aren't doing it publicly either. I think he got a raw deal but he should just say no comment.
redd38
AG
quote:

quote:

No ****. While he may be right to some extent, I am getting tired of his public woman scorned act. We don't even here that much from the murrays. I am sure his new teammates love him talking about his old school all the time.

Texags hasn't shutup about Kyle and Kyler for 2 months, but they say anything about A&M and they're the woman scorned? Classic texags.
vander54
S
The only thing I can say about this article is he is guilty of what he is saying as well. He did not appear to be a leader his actions on the sideline showed me he wasn't in it for the team. Maybe it was because he was tired of it all or maybe he was part of the problem. I don't know and I'm not going to speculate.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
quote:

quote:

Well he wouldn't talk about his old team all the time if he wasn't asked questions about said team.
JPK89
AG
This times 1000!

While everyone already knew this, Sumlin's seat just got a little warmer.

Clown Question

quote:
Texags hasn't shutup about Kyle and Kyler for 2 months, but they say anything about A&M and they're the woman scorned? Classic texags.

texags is mostly a collection of anonymous clowns, not a national news source. Yeah, he is a woman scorned. I don't see Sumlin or his teammates talking down about him by name in national news articles.
quote:

The only thing I can say about this article is he is guilty of what he is saying as well. He did not appear to be a leader his actions on the sideline showed me he wasn't in it for the team.
This. The guy wanted to transfer when he didn't when the starting job as a true freshman. He is definitely guilty of the same thing he is criticizing.

quote:
While everyone already knew this, Sumlin's seat just got a little warmer.

I kind of agree. But unless Sumlin is breaking rules, he is still well above the historical win threshold for getting fired at A&M. He would have to have a bad season (like .500 or sub .500 record) to get canned, and even then he might get a reprieve. I am not saying we shouldn't demand more but the reality is we don't.

JJxvi
AG
This is old news, basically, that everyone already knows. The best QB we've had since Johnny is Kenny Hill who threw it away.
MROD92
quote:
quote:

quote:

Well he wouldn't talk about his old team all the time if he wasn't asked questions about said team.

Is that an A&M question??
The Collective
AG
I agree with the criticisms of Kyle. It is funny that the Johnny culture is what brought him to Texas.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:

quote:

texags is mostly a collection of anonymous clowns, not a national news source. Yeah, he is a woman scorned. I don't see Sumlin or his teammates talking down about him by name in national news articles.
quote:

The only thing I can say about this article is he is guilty of what he is saying as well. He did not appear to be a leader his actions on the sideline showed me he wasn't in it for the team.
This. The guy wanted to transfer when he didn't when the starting job as a true freshman. He is definitely guilty of the same thing he is criticizing.

Guess we'll see whether the problem is Sumlin or was Spav. It was Spav's players who quit after all.

If the team is cohesive with relatively little off-the-field drama this season???
SEC4Life
Nobody cares, Kyle. Go on to Cougar high and their beautiful campus. You'll probably throw for 3,500 yards against that competition and nobody will take notice.
texag84
AG
Sumlin, Spav, etc. Hopefully we will move on and win.

As starting QB it was also his job along with coaches to lead the team in the right direction as well. All at fault.
aggiefootball20
AG
A friend of mine on the team said the same thing during the Trill era.

Not surprised by this at all.
greg.w.h
AG
Interesting points. Imagine if he had stayed with the program and made them directly to Sumlin. Not saying he didn't, but this was made to someone in the news media in support of his new team...

One wonders what Herman thinks of his comments...
Moe 92
AG
quote:
* He did not appear to be a leader
* his actions on the sideline showed me he wasn't in it for the team
* Maybe it was because he was tired of it all
* maybe he was part of the problem

* I'm not going to speculate.
Clown Question

quote:
One wonders what Herman thinks of his comments...

herman probably thinks it is good for negative recruiting and then realizes his supposed starting QB in 2017 is hung up on his old school. Then he realizes he won't be at uh past 2016 and says who cares.
ce1994
AG
Even if true Allen should not have said this. We are idiots for taking pot shots at him but those words will stick with him. Tell it to scouts behind closed doors but do not air it out for public consumption.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
All the negative recruiting stems from one source...

and he's still here.
Lance Uppercut
AG
I know everyone wants to pile on Sumlin, but who goes to the media repeatedly to talk about how bad they had it at their past school?

He had the chance to play with all this "talent" and be their "leader" in a bowl game, could have waited a month for those impending and guaranteed coaching changes....and decided to jump ship instead.

I know everyone wants to fawn over anyone who says anything bad about our football team right now, but what do you think the actual "talent" that decided to stay and play football for A&M thinks about Allen's victim act media tour where he puts down his former teammates to anyone who will listen? You'd think we'd be on their side, seeing as they decided to stay on campus and play for our school.
Clown Question

quote:
All the negative recruiting stems from one source...

and he's still here.

Blame the guys who cut the big checks. They signed him to a guaranteed contract and dithered on what to do with him in Dec. Just like people say it is pointless to blame allen for what should be Sumlin's responsibility. It is pointless to blame Sumlin for being here. There are people who could alleviate that problem. They just choose not too.

quote:
I know everyone wants to pile on Sumlin, but who goes to the media repeatedly to talk about how bad they had it at their past school?
He is a woman scorned. He recklessly transfered to a mid-major commuter school to play for a coach, he will never take a live snap for. He realizes this now and his little poor me media tour is how he justifies his careless decision in his mind.

The funny thing is that article comes across as more of dig against his former teammates than his former coach. I have a feeling some of our guys would have an opinion on "Mr. I want to transfer my freshmen year because I didn't get the starting job" talking about team work and togetherness.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.