Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Can Newton In GIF.

11,677 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MPD280
Famous Shoes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ArmchairCowboy
AG
The post game press conference was disappointing. I don't mind your celebrations and dancing when you win, but when you lose, stand up and take it like a man.
ApachePilot
AG
I lost respect for Cam today
Sparkie
AG
BigBrother
AG
InternetFan02
AG
Business Decisions
Claud
Crazy that Cam wasn't diving on the ball after that last fumble.
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
The post game press conference was disappointing. I don't mind your celebrations and dancing when you win, but when you lose, stand up and take it like a man.

Said the same thing, but wasn't surprised at all
maroonDRANK
AG
I prefer to build myself up as opposed to tearing other people down.

Von Miller played an incredible game and showed the entire nation what hard work, dedication and maturity can do for a player's career. Coach Kubiak dug himself out of his situation with the Texans and exceeded everyone's expectations. The good guys won and i'm incredibly happy for Von and Coach Kubiak.

I also don't kick a man when he's down. People were dragging Cam down all season for no reason other than he was trying to have fun while playing a game that children play. Von dances and has just as much as fun and we love him.

Today was a great day for fans of the NFL. I'm glad that Peyton goes out with a ring exactly like Elway did. And I'm glad that Texas A&M has their first ever Super Bowl MVP and Head Coach. Nothing better than hearing "Thanks and Gig'em" from the reigning Super Bowl MVP
45-70Ag
AG
Just watched it. Good player but that could have been handled better. Looked like tbe cam of old
MSCAg
AG
I think his instinct was to pick it up and then try to make something happen. But yeah, football IQ 101 is to dive for it.
HumbleAg04
AG
Von's dancing was always silly and lighthearted. Cam's posing and dancing has always been about how good he is which is why people don't like it.

His character was on full display in the post game presser. He has a lot of growing up to do before he can lead anyone.
The Collective
AG
He just lost the biggest game of his career. Not everyone handles it well.
ashley
Class does.
45-70Ag
AG
He's only catching flack because when he wins he enjoys the camera and is grinning ear to ear, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But to act like that after a loss and I get its the super bowl you just have to act differently.
Come Out Roll
AG
It has everything to do with the level of maturity that the young man has....or in this case, doesn't...
8T2
quote:
He just lost the biggest game of his career. Not everyone handles it well.
So, you're saying he's a sore loser? Not a good look when you're such an animated winner.
cecil77
AG
Just reading the transcript it's not that bad.
The Collective
AG
Try having a mic stuck in your face after you fail at something. I'm sure some could give some scripted answer, but it would all be b.s. I'm not shocked that a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve isn't all cheery and ready to discuss how great his opponent immediately after losing. I would take his attitude on my team over the, "blah blah is great and played great. We'll get 'em next year, guys".
Cibalo
if he were just the losing QB it would be one thing to act like that. We have seen plenty do that before. However when you have spent this whole year telling everyone how great you are and that you can't compare any past QB to you because "they have never done what I am doing now" then you need to show the humility that these past QB did as well.

Also he is the NFL Offensive Player of the Year and NFL MVP. You are going to be asked these questions and expected to give answers and now look like you are 2 and just dropped your ice cream.

If you want people to be ok with your actions when you are winning then you need to make them be ok with your actions when you are losing as well.
VatoLocoAggie
Von = Aggie = Class
Cam = Not Aggie = No Class

cecil77
AG
I'd give him a couple of days and then yes, I'd expect some tribute to Peyton and some of those other things. But again, just reading the transcript, he didn't do anything wrong.
Positraction
AG
Newton's New Law: An object in motion tends to stay in motion unless Von Miller is coming at it in the opposite direction.
Meximan
Can Newton what in gif?
Gigemags382
AG
quote:
I'd give him a couple of days and then yes, I'd expect some tribute to Peyton and some of those other things. But again, just reading the transcript, he didn't do anything wrong.
He hardly said a word, so of course the transcript doesn't sound bad. However, he looked like a 2 year old.
Goose
AG
Just reading the transcript doesn't convey the situation by any means. He was a pouting little ***** during that presser which is a real shame considering the year he and his team had just had.
Motel California
S
I just read the transcript. The only problem I had with his interview is how he seemed to place most of the blame on... His wr's and oline
95_Aggie
AG
Ginn was the same way. He ran out of bounds every time it looked like there was going to be contact.
Goose
AG
Wife got mad at me when I blurted out that "well apparently Teddy Ginn is a big ol' ****ing p****!" I'd forgotten that our 12 y.o. daughter was in the room.
Meximan
quote:
Wife got mad at me when I blurted out that "well apparently Teddy Ginn is a big ol' ****ing p****!" I'd forgotten that our 12 y.o. daughter was in the room.
W
AG
Cam earned the criticism he received after the Super Bowl.

you can't have it both ways. Want all the praise and do all the showboating when your team is winning. But don't want to face the music when you lose
RangerRick9211
AG
quote:
I tried, but couldn't find a similar thread criticizing Peyton for not shaking the Saint's hands after Superbowl XLIV. The same guy who embraced his endorser, Papa John, before anyone else and plugged Budweiser twice in his post-game speeches. He leaves the field and it's a testament to his desire and will to win. Newton leaves a presser and he's classless.

Dude has more fun and spreads more joy to his fans than any other player I've seen. His first down dance is no worse than Emmanuel Sander's slow-mo dance. His Superman is the same one Johnny did in college and we plastered it all over promo and hype videos.

He did the class thing that matters and met Manning after the game and congratulated him with a smile. I could care less about his responses to the same media questions over, and over again.
MallalieuAg
AG
He was scared of the fumble?
RAB91
quote:
That reminds me of the time my dad called Ralph Sampson the same thing (minus the effing part) when we were watching a Rockets game. Good times....

As far as Cam, I wouldn't have minded his behavior if he wasn't so over the top when things were going well.
malenurse
AG
quote:
Ginn has been the same way his entire career. He ran out of bounds every time it looked like there was going to be contact.
FIFY
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.