Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Houston Texans have no need for JFF

19,189 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Claud
Pacifico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jeffecr
AG
Pacifico has no need for a TexAgs username and account.
Sharpshooter
AG
You have no need for a pen**.
texag86
AG
Texans have no need for JFF until they get a decent coach again
CrottyKid
AG
With their OLine, they need young Michael Vick.
JRB78
AG
How bad was Hoyer? So bad they would have been better off going with Weeden today.
BeastmodeAg
AG
Texans would better utilize JFF then the other team that didn't make the play offs
Pacifico
AG
jeffecr, Tony Romo is not gay. Sorry dude.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
I'm sorry but I think next year no team will need JFF.
aeon-ag
JFF would have been a hell of an improvement over what went on today!!!!
oysterbayAG
AG
Watch the replay of Johnny's game against the Chiefs vs Hoyer today. It's night and day. Even the dopey Browns made the right decision to get rid of Hoyer and keep Johnny. " Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn "
Lungblood
quote:
I'm sorry but I think next year no team will need JFF.

After watching Alex Smith, Landry Jones, AJ McCarron and Brian Hoyer in the 2 playoff games it's obvious that at least 3 teams needed him tinsight.

pasquale
AG
Billy Football would have played better than Hoyer
Wade_3
AG
Looks like this article was a tad...pre-mature...

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/17559/thats-so-browns-johnny-manziel-and-the-houston-texans

quote:
Hoyer is in the playoffs and will start Saturday against the Chiefs. He missed games with two concussions and was pulled from the season opener because of his coach's impatience. But Bill O'Brien eventually told the team he made a mistake and recommitted to Hoyer.

TMartin
Rick Smith is the guy who went out and found Hoyer for the Texans.
chase5ag
AG
quote:

The coach is hardly the problem.
Aggielandma12
AG
The Texans had zero business being in the playoffs.
No Spin Ag
quote:
The Texans had zero business being in the playoffs.
This. Winning the South is obviously meaningless unless that team is going to be the warm-up for the team lose to who can use the practice for the next game.

F'king pathetic.
tamuwx
AG
There aren't many coaches that would have taken that team, with that pathetic offense to the playoffs. But sure they need a good coach.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:

I wouldn't expect anything less from you after reading some of your posts.
oysterbayAG
AG
The Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans would be in a much better position today if they drafted Johnny Manziel in 2014 !
BostonAg74
There's a good chance that JFF gets released by the Browns (because he has zero trade value right now), and it's doubtful that any other NFL team will want to take on that kind of distraction just to put a backup quarterback on the roster. His next stop will probably be in Canada. He's blown any chance he ever had of being an NFL starter. He has the physical skills. On the field, he could have ended up a starter if he had a great supporting cast, but off the field, he's just a chronic ****-up. No team needs that crap, especially with its starting QB. I'm afraid his NFL days are over.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
bs!
W
AG
there exists bonafide NFL film of JF throwing for 390 yards vs. Pittsburgh.

he will get another shot somewhere
Definitely Not A Cop
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I disagree. I see the likely scenario that a team in desperate need of a QB will pick him up for nothing, and then draft a highly ranked QB so that they have 3 options going into next year.
FrankK
AG
The Texans were absolutely hoyerable.
BostonAg74
Nobody wants a QB that his teammates don't respect. It will take JFF at least a couple of years of sobriety before he has a chance of earning that respect. If he wants another shot at the NFL, he should get sober, go to Canada for a few years, and then find an NFL team desperate enough to give him a shot. That appears to be his only chance. Johnny appeared to be well liked by his teammates until he self destructed again, so alcohol is the biggest problem. It's a little different for someone like RGIII, who can't get respect from his teammates because he's just a colossal a-hole. As far as I know, there is no re-hab facility for that, so he's kind of stuck. Not many teams are looking to overpay for a cancer in the clubhouse, no matter how talented he is. Johnny has a slight chance of salvaging an NFL career, but it's not going to happen unless he stops drinking. Right now, he's just a hopeless drunk with diminishing skills. Turning that around is going to take a level of commitment that he has yet to demonstrate.
FTAG 2000
AG
Nfl teams have all kinds of guys with problems on their teams. Johnny would hardly be the exception. He will get a chance somewhere.
oysterbayAG
AG
BostonAg : You have been snookered by the TMZ Society Beasts sensationalism, which has seeped into the mainstream. The only way for serious people to combat this phenomenon is to get properly informed by your own research. If you watch all Johnny's games played this season and listened to and/or read the transcripts of all the interviews, pressers and comments by Johnny's coaches, team-mates and players and coaches he has played against, you will educate yourself.
fightinag
jff would be an absolute perfect edition to the clown show also know as The Dallas Cowboys.

Their CLOWN owner and WANNA BE head coach would exploit jff to the max to make that almighty dollar.....winning be damned !
TAMU74
AG
Respectfully disagree.
BTW...how has clowney worked out??
Cowboy1990
JFF makes perfect sense for Houston.....they have a history of employing below average QBs.
oysterbayAG
AG
After seeing with his own eyes how well Johnny played against his Steelers, I think Mike Tomlin wishes he had Johnny Manziel to backup Big Ben instead of Landry Jones !
zephyr88
AG
Tomlin put his franchise QB back on the field to win the game. This week, we'll see how the shoulder recovers - whether it was just banged up, or if its serious.

Johnny's problem is not on the field.

I think coaches understand the Pettine vs. Manziel battle - a battle which will never be won by a player until one of them leaves the organization. In this case, I think they'll both end up elsewhere.

This morning, I saw where John Lucas reached out and offered help. This is legit and significant... much more than some washed up WWE wrestler just adding gas to the ****fire.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.