Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Manziel possibly to start against Pettine's wishes

23,000 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MondayMorningQB
BowtieAg07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For some people Manziel can do no wrong, and others he can do no right.

I personally believe Pettine wanted to suspend Manziel for a game but was unable to do so per the player's union agreement. That would also make sense why he was active last night as a 3rd string QB.
Post removed:
by user
TexAgs91
AG
quote:
I've been a huge fan of Manziel. But it's time to wake up. If he's given the starting position, he will screw it up. In college he was a partier but he had an incredible drive to find a way to make great plays. He now has an incredible drive to find a way to party. The more you try to restrict his partying, the more he wants it. The same can't be said about football anymore.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
Not sure about the source...

http://bleacherreport.com/users/396280-denny-dice

His BIO is straight up nails....
Red Skye
AG
quote:
quote:
I've been a huge fan of Manziel. But it's time to wake up. If he's given the starting position, he will screw it up. In college he was a partier but he had an incredible drive to find a way to make great plays. He now has an incredible drive to find a way to party. The more you try to restrict his partying, the more he wants it. The same can't be said about football anymore.
How the **** would you know this? He's started all of 3 games, and was halfway decent in his last...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That's why you keep dogging him? Because you are a huge fan?
Post removed:
by user
TexAgs91
AG
quote:
quote:
The same can't be said about football anymore.
How the **** would you know this? He's started 3 games, and was halfway decent in his last...
I didn't say he wasn't a decent football player. He's damn good. But he will find a way to f it up. He knows booze screwed him before, that's why he went to AA. He knows booze is a threat to his career. Knowing this, with the starting job in hand, what does he do? Goes out drinking. He's either a moron or can't help himself. Either way the result is the same.
TexAgs91
AG
quote:
That's why you keep dogging him? Because you are a huge fan?
Have been. Not currently a huge fan. I haven't seen anything since the Duke game that's impressed me.
oysterbayAG
AG
BostonAg you are right on it ! This new story seems to connect the dots.The stadium looked about half full and the Fan Base that pays for everything was screaming to put Johnny in. This Pettine is completely tone deaf and has no business sense whatsoever.If Haslam looses the Fans he looses the Franchise. It is very puzzling how someone so unsophisticated could be hired as a HC in the NFL. This guy slipped through the cracks ! The MNF presentation last night by ESPN was disgraceful and Johnny showed them all up.Hope to see Johnny this Sunday against the Bengals and John DeFillippo as acting HC.
CrottyKid
AG
The spin now is that JFF was internally suspended for one game. He was going to start next week regardless of whether McCown was injured.
Wildcat
AG
quote:
Pettine and Manziel seem made for each other...both immature screw-ups.

Hopefully Manziel takes advantage of this latest chance on the field and grows up off the field.

I read earlier that there were 35 NFL players arrested this year and not one of them was named Manziel. But on MNF and among all the talking heads, he is the poster child for unprofessional behavior.

Complete and utter BS.

Citizen Reign
quote:
The spin now is that JFF was internally suspended for one game. He was going to start next week regardless of whether McCown was injured.
Onward with the ****show!
Texas A&M
quote:
quote:

Hopefully Manziel takes advantage of this latest chance on the field and grows up off the field.

I read earlier that there were 35 NFL players arrested this year and not one of them was named Manziel. But on MNF and among all the talking heads, he is the poster child for unprofessional behavior.

Complete and utter BS.

You don't have to be arrested to act like an immature spoiled rich kid. He knew the 'rules', but he couldn't help himself. Hopefully this time he can.
VikingNik
AG
quote:
The same can't be said about football anymore.

WAT!?!?
fanof3.88
nm
Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:
quote:

Complete and utter BS.

You don't have to be arrested to act like an immature spoiled rich kid. He knew the 'rules', but he couldn't help himself. Hopefully this time he can.
There is nothing illegal about being an immature rich kid. I think that is the point being made. Did that part go over your head?
Texas 1836
AG

Wildcat
AG
quote:
There is nothing illegal about being an immature rich kid. I think that is the point being made. Did that part go over your head?

I will also add that his maturity isn't really an anomaly among professional athletes. Hazing of rookies in NFL camps is so much a part of the NFL culture that it is covered by ESPN. There's a whole ad campaign built around Heisman winners living in a frat house. Brett Farve d!k pics. Richard Sherman. I could go on forever.

They're football players. Generally 22-30yr old guys getting paid millions to play a game for an average of only a few years before father time sends them to a career selling cars or insurance. This whole "this is the NFL and we are professionals" is complete BS. It sounds like something a bunch of old white guys (owners and management) came up with to combat the negative image of professional athletes...and that is exactly what it is.

Listening to Ray f'ing Lewis giving some sanctimonious BS about professionalism was the zenith of NFL hypocrisy. I can't imagine that ever being topped.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
quote:

I will also add that his maturity isn't really an anomaly among professional athletes. Hazing of rookies in NFL camps is so much a part of the NFL culture that it is covered by ESPN. There's a whole ad campaign built around Heisman winners living in a frat house.

They're football players. Generally 22-30yr old guys getting paid millions to play a game for an average of only a few years before father time sends them to a career selling cars or insurance. This whole "this is the NFL and we are professionals" is complete BS. It sounds like something a bunch of old white guys (owners and management) came up with to combat the negative image of professional athletes...and that is exactly what it is.

Listening to Ray f'ing Lewis giving some sanctimonious BS about professionalism was the zenith of NFL hypocrisy. I can't imagine that ever being topped.
Yep, I was thinking, "At least he didn't KILL SOMEBODY ..."
PatAg
AG
He deserves a little **** from the media, but not the repeated coverage he gets. Especially, as was stated, considering there a lot of players actually arrested.

We don't like Johnny doing it because we want him to succeed and all he has to do is just not **** around during the season.
Texas A&M
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Complete and utter BS.

It doesn't have to be illegal to break team rules and to warrant punishment from management. Did that part go over your head?
Red Skye
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Complete and utter BS.

It doesn't have to be illegal to break team rules and to warrant punishment from management. Did that part go over your head?
You're kidding yourself if you think JFF ever had a chance in Cleveland with Pettine as his coach. Or, really, in Cleveland at all.
jimscott85
AG
Pettine would like you to believe that Johnny was benched in an effort to teach him a lesson and grow up. Even if that was his goal, Johnny is going to grow up on his own...or not. It's not going to happen as a result of benching him and causing further public scrutiny. The fact is that Johnny doesn't give a flying eff what everybody else thinks.

Again, Johnny will grow up on his own...or he won't. Pettine's best approach would have been to put him back in and leave him in....let him sink the ship on the field or burn in down while proving he's the quarterback they were looking for. Either way, Pettine would have left it up to JFF to make or break his own career. Instead, he would rather bend over backward to prove a point and shape the dialogue against JFF all while throwing his own coaching career in the garbage.

I want the best for Johnny. I want it to work out. But I'd rather him have the opportunity to make or break it. "Teaching him a lesson" is the biggest load of BS I've ever heard of in the wake of the real conduct issues that the league is dealing with.
FrontPorchAg
quote:
quote:
Browns fans will need to buy new jerseys.

If they had hit the FG last night everyone in town would be struggling to find an Austin Davis jersey.
BlackHillsAg99
AG
quote:
@diceman4192 18m 18 minutes ago

Per Source. Manziel Starting. Coming from Front Office. Pettine against it. Pettine has option to resign or coach till Season End. #Browns

Diceman has babes in bikinis on his twitter cover picture, so I am inclined to believe him.
Heismanziel
VikingNik
AG
Hopefully that is just his opinion. <insert puke face>
Texas 1836
AG
quote:

quote:
solid showing ...

Solid showing??

You mean the guy in the last minute who slid and stayed in bounds? To keep the clock running??

That guy?? Well, it would make perfect sense on that team.
Houstonag
AG
Johnny, Wake up. This is the last time.
Pdice02
AG
Wow, you called it before Johnny declared for the draft, before Pettine was hired by Cleveland, and before Johnny went lower than expected in the draft allowing Cleveland to scoop him up. Likely the reason people doubted you
Heismanziel
My favorite part of the game is going to be when they show Pettine's face after Austin throws a pick six.
jwal
What was the controversy with Ray Lewis a few years ago?

Wasn't he suspected or indicted and cleared of an accessory to murder charge? Do I have that right? Something in New Orleans?
Heismanziel
quote:
What was the controversy with Ray Lewis a few years ago?

Wasn't he suspected or indicted and cleared of an accessory to murder charge? Do I have that right? Something in New Orleans?
Atlanta. There was a fight between two men in his group and other men outside a bar. The other two men with him were involved in the stabbing. He claims he wasn't involved.
ClassOf17
quote:

LOL they chose Manziel over Pettine. No wonder Pettine hates him

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.