Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

WHERE DOES JOHNNY GET CHANCE #2?

4,930 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by superunknown
theeyetest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vore now!

I know Jerry Jones would love to have him. And as a Cowboy's fan I'm excited!!
Heismanziel
Would take him over any Texans QB
libertyag
AG
It would be team #2 but chance #6 or so.
Claud
I actually don't think he is done in Cleveland yet.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gruden come in and coach the Browns and Johnny. Johnny could thrive under Gruden (given that he gets his act together).
aggie_2001_2005
Miami. We know he'll behave there
Muy
AG
What did Johnny do with Pettine's wife?
agz win
AG
Los Angeles Chargers. On TMZ every night.
unmade bed
Gruden ain't coaching until at least 2020.
CrottyKid
AG
Where to? Teams that need a qb and will try anything:
49ers
Rams
Eagles
Redskins
Bills?

Teams that need a qb, but are too stubborn to try Johnny:
Texans
Jets (though Fitzmagic is better than Johnny rt now)

Andrew99
AG
If they cut him I would expect Jerry to have a contract waiting for him. I'm sure Jerry would want him and that Johnny would want to play for Dallas. Romo is at the end of his career and it's been proven the Cowboys aren't very good without him. I don't think any of their current backup QBs have secured their jobs.

However, if the Browns insist on a trade I'm not sure the Cowboys would be willing to give something up to get him.

So I'm hoping he gets cut. Come on Brown's, you hate him anyway... throw him in that briar patch...

Cowboys managed to keep Dez out of trouble (more or less)... I'm sure they could handle Manziel's antics and keep him on the right path. I don't think they will have to worry about Manziel shoplifting underwear and cologne from a mall or having a video of him come out bashing his girlfriend.
FrontPorchAg
Even Cleveland isn't dumb enough to cut him. They will get something for him in a trade. I would half expect them to trade him to the worst team possible out of spite but at this point even that team would be an upgrade.
DallasAg 94
quote:
If they cut him I would expect Jerry to have a contract waiting for him. I'm sure Jerry would want him and that Johnny would want to play for Dallas. Romo is at the end of his career and it's been proven the Cowboys aren't very good without him. I don't think any of their current backup QBs have secured their jobs.

However, if the Browns insist on a trade I'm not sure the Cowboys would be willing to give something up to get him.

So I'm hoping he gets cut. Come on Brown's, you hate him anyway... throw him in that briar patch...

Cowboys managed to keep Dez out of trouble (more or less)... I'm sure they could handle Manziel's antics and keep him on the right path. I don't think they will have to worry about Manziel shoplifting underwear and cologne from a mall or having a video of him come out bashing his girlfriend.
Every night JFF would be in the news would be one less day Dez and Hardy get covered.
Andrew99
AG
quote:
Even Cleveland isn't dumb enough to cut him. They will get something for him in a trade. I would half expect them to trade him to the worst team possible out of spite but at this point even that team would be an upgrade.
Can a team trade a player to itself?

I kid, I kid...
TheSwingingGate
AG
quote:
Even Cleveland isn't dumb enough to cut him.

TXM Pride
If the Cowboys threw a 4th or 5th round pick at the Browns I could see them taking it.
SAR Ag
CFL
SeattleAgJr
Memphis 7
Cleveland is going to trade him for a conditional pick to the worst situation they can find for him.
ag-bq-seventy
AG
quote:
What did Johnny do with Pettine's wife?
I don't think he's finished doing it yet.
Yell Practice
There may not be #2.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Dancing with the stars!
oysterbayAG
AG
Pettine is divorced. Someone should do opposition research and find out the details.
knoxtom
The only team that will sign him is the cowboys, but they will tell him never to show up. Jerry will just do it to sell a bunch of jerseys then he will cut him three weeks later.

Manziel is done forever.

For those of you thinking it isn't Manziel's fault, let's review his "career" in the NFL.

Wastes his first year by partying away and never taking it seriously
Starts a game and has a historically bad day
Possibly gets Josh Gordon kicked out of the league as they were partying together
Gets wasted instead of treating his injury
Goes to rehab
Promises to leave the partying behind him
Starts drinking again right away
Almost gets arrested for driving 90 on the freeway shoulder while hitting his girlfriend and drinking
Tells the team he is behaving during the off week
Instead goes partying
Lies about the partying and gets teammates to lie for him Lies right to the face of the coach

You guys blaming it on the Browns just don't get it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Well when you put it like that... it still seems petty and insignificant.

The only thing that raises eyebrows is the not taking his first year seriously, even though we can see this year he has improved that, and the lying to the coaches. That's is pretty bad, I admit. Everything else is personal, and should have no bearing on what he does professionally.

You really don't think he will still be in the NFL next year? It's not like there is a plethora of amazing QBs around.

Also, what historically bad day has Johnny ever had? Mediocre, sure, but historically bad? Drama queen much?

Oh and I love how you blame Johnny for every fart he takes in the wrong direction, yet Josh Gordon is not responsible for his life. Not hypocritical at all.
No Spin Ag
quote:
Dancing with the stars!
This is closer to reality than another NFL team if he continues going the way he has been.

So much talent wasted so far, it's almost sad.
VikingNik
AG
He was immature last year for sure but he saw the writing on the wall that Pettine had zero interest in playing him last year so he slacked. He showed tons of improvement this year and Pettine still tried to crap in his cheerios at every opportunity.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
He was immature last year for sure but he saw the writing on the wall that Pettine had zero interest in playing him last year so he slacked. He showed tons of improvement this year and Pettine still tried to crap in his cheerios at every opportunity.
This is such bs.

If he isn't mature enough to give his best, regardless of the situation he is in, then he has no business being in the NFL. These professional players are being paid millions of dollars to be ready when called upon. Even if they don't like their situation, they are expected to be on their game.

Johnny clearly doesn't respect the game, his team, his coachs, his teammates, the league, his fans etc etc etc.

Johnny is more interested in being a celebrity than he is at being a QB. If that isn't painfully evident by now, then I don't know what more it will take to convince you.

If Johnny weren't an Aggie, this board would be killing him on a weekly basis.
fightinag
Come home to THE HOUSTON TEXANS....
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I think he will be in Cleveland another year.

If not, then I think Dallas has a slightly better chance for being a landing spot over any other destination.

I do not see Bob McNair signing a guy like Johnny. Not his MO.
VikingNik
AG
Kyle shanahan also had ridiculous long and complex play calls when one year prior he literally called a play by sticking out a finger just before the snap. So give me a break. Stop succumbing to this silly media driven click bait witch hunt.
duffelpud
AG
quote:
Wastes his first year by partying away and never taking it seriously
Starts a game and has a historically bad day
Gets wasted instead of treating his injury
Goes to rehab
Promises to leave the partying behind him
Starts drinking again right away
Almost gets arrested for driving 90 on the freeway shoulder while hitting his girlfriend and drinking
Tells the team he is behaving during the off week
Instead goes partying
Lies about the partying and gets teammates to lie for him Lies right to the face of the coach
This sounds like half of my employees!
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
Kyle shanahan also had ridiculous long and complex play calls when one year prior he literally called a play by sticking out a finger just before the snap. So give me a break. Stop succumbing to this silly media driven click bait witch hunt.
So the media is behind his failures?

We keep excusing his immaturity and blaming it on others. This is exactly what Johnny is doing too. How many times has he said that he needs to learn from this and improve and yet, he doesn't.

When Jamis Winston was pulling his antics at FLA State was it the media doing it? His coaching staff?
Say Chowdah
AG
Your employees lie to your face and keep their job?
ColoAg95
AG
Browns want to get through these last five losses quietly with no Johnny. Maximize draft position. They will try to trade him all winter. If no trade, they will cut him after they draft a qb. No way they give him a real chance, in CLE or with another team.

He was hosed when he was drafted by CLE. I bet he wouldn't have acted up so much on a decent team with potential.
VikingNik
AG
You obviously haven't followed him on cleveland.com. Those writers, especially Mary Kay, get chubbies bringing down Johnny.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.