Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Pettine post game

6,784 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aezmvp
Heismanziel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agz win
AG
#FreeJohnny is trending.
FrontPorchAg
Yep, Steve Young said twice tonight that he was done in Cleveland and he would get a shot some place else. I didn't get the impression it was just his opinion.
sbates
AG
I have mixed feelings on this.
But will be glad seeing Johnny somewhere else. Anywhere else. That place is utterly miserable.
Personal Best
AG
Johnny is playing chess while Pettine is playing checkers
Claud
I heard Pettine is just mad at Johnny because Johnny didn't invite him out to party.
ApachePilot
AG
Hope he goes to the Hawks! Back up Wilson
Muy
AG
quote:

Johnny's playing chess using his Bishop to knight Pettine's queen.
CrottyKid
AG
Where to? Teams that need a qb and will try anything:
49ers
Rams
Eagles
Redskins
Bills?

Teams that need a qb, but are too stubborn to try Johnny:
Texans
Jets (though Fitzmagic is better than Johnny rt now)

sbates
AG
Dallas
zephyr88
AG
quote:
49ers
Rams
Eagles
Redskins
Bills?

Texans

Pokes?
AggieNiebs
AG
quote:
Hope he goes to the Hawks! Back up Wilson
Why? you want Johnny to be a career backup?
Tressels Vest
AG
quote:
Dallas

Jerry would pounce on signing Manziel in a heartbeat. Romo may be too injury prone to be relied upon anymore.
millertime40
I would like him with the Texans, Cowboys, Eagles, or Rams.
dixichkn
AG
quote:
49ers
Rams
Eagles
Redskins
Bills?

Texans

Exactly. #1, McNair wants choirboys. No one else need apply (esp after the Mallett debacle). 2, Asschin thinks you must strictly be a 6'4" pocket passer to play the game. #3, can you imagine Hoyer's fragile psyche if he had to look at Johnny breathing down his neck again?
Sea Gull
AG
Never seen a coach use a players fame to get attention. This is truly amazing.
Science Denier
AG
For as long as I've watched football, I've rooted against the Eagles. And I've been watching a pretty long time. Not that I'm a real fan of the NFL, just grew up watching the Oilers and Cowboys.

If JFF ends up in Philly, I may have to stop hating them.
45-70Ag
AG
If Manziel is going to have an nfl career that goes beyond a couple more seasons, he doesn't need to go to Philly or Dallas.
oysterbayAG
AG
Johnny is still in a good position. I would guess that his Agent knows several other teams are chomping at the bit for the stupid Browns to cut him so they can snatch Johnny up and for relatively small change.But the front office is not as stupid as their dumb-ass HC and will probably play Johnny in a few more games to get some more good tape so his trade value increases. The Browns will probably stay undecided about what to do about Johnny for some time because they are afraid that if he goes somewhere else he will become a star and make the new owner a lot of money ( Texas A&M ring a bell ) and the Browns will look like fools.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Johnny is still in a good position. I would guess that his Agent knows several other teams are chomping at the bit for the stupid Browns to cut him so they can snatch Johnny up and for relatively small change.But the front office is not as stupid as their dumb-ass HC and will probably play Johnny in a few more games to get some more good tape so his trade value increases. The Browns will probably stay undecided about what to do about Johnny for some time because they are afraid that if he goes somewhere else he will become a star and make the new owner a lot of money ( Texas A&M ring a bell ) and the Browns will look like fools.
they've been looking like fools for 70 years... doubt they care about perception.
Heismanziel
quote:
quote:
they've been looking like fools for 70 years... doubt they care about perception.
Actually, they had a pretty decent run in the Bernie Kosar era. And that Jim Brown era wasn't too bad either.
45-70Ag
AG
Was Dan reeves the coach then?
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
Was Dan reeves the coach then?
Dan Reeves coached the Broncos, not the Browns
45-70Ag
AG
Never mind it was schottenheimer, been a long time ago
Windy City Ag
AG
Earnest Byner's fumble against the Dan Reeve's coached Broncos led by a young John Elway in the AFC Championship game was the peak of the franchise's success. It was a truly painful moment.

And it is funny how you fixate on things from your youth. I grew up on very well coached and talented Browns squad so I don't view them as fatally broken. Not any more so than the Cowboys or Texans.

And this made me chuckle:

quote:

Manziel likely doesn't think more than twenty minutes ahead in life. It is what made him so dangerous in college and such a s$#t show in the pros.

Hopefully someone will take a flier on him and he won't booze it up, oversleep, not study the playbook, etc.

aezmvp
Would not want Johnny in Philly. As much as I like Chip Kelly's basic offensive scheme, his personnel decisions have been terrible at the NFL level. It is a very different game and he hasn't adjusted well. I think his players have quit on him and will not be good for Johnny or whoever comes in next year with Kelly. He (Kelly) is probably back in college after next year. Not saying he's done with the NFL but the personnel decisions he's made have been horrific.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.