Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I CAN NOT DEAL WITH PETTINE INJUSTICE

4,413 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Oilfield Aggie12
Ian Neff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I HAVE HAD IT WITH HIM
Muy
AG
Pettine is costing his owner millions of dollars in lost fans/revenues.
FrontPorchAg
Apparently Davis is the answer.
runontexas
AG
PETTINE ISNT A BABYSITTER AND SHOULDNT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THE DRAMA.

Sorry but he's doing the right thing.
Aggie4Life02
AG
Cleveland Browns = Loser Organization
LatinAggie1997
AG
quote:

Agreed. But, Pettine is paid to coach football not to teach accountability and professionalism. The team and fans rode the "life lessons" bench with Johnny. The coach can expect players to act and perform in a particular manner but a definitive and equitable line must exist for all.
MouthBQ98
AG
He is there to win football games, not treat grown men with some personal issues like children.
Jason Ag
AG
quote:

Imagine the pay day if houston had drafted him.
LatinAggie1997
AG
quote:
quote:

Imagine the pay day if houston had drafted him.

Yep. He could have been a huge draw along the side of Watt. Most fans like Johnny because one of or a combo of : he's exciting, an Aggie, a competitor. Those that don't care for him but like the Texans would come around if he started winning, especially championships.
DallasAg 94
quote:

There have been 35 NFL players arrested in 2015, so far and JFF was NOT one of them.

That's at least one player on every team that has been arrested. If you think there is no drama around any particular team, then you should get out more because the Ivory Tower from which you are perched has shielded you from the real world.

I've led a Married Adult Bible Study for ages 30-45, and I can tell you... dealing with the drama of a 22 year single party boy is far less than what I had to deal with.

If you recall a few years ago, Romo was criticized by the media for taking a group players to Cabo during the WC week in which the Cowboys had a bye week.

I seem to recall the Cowboys had "the White House" in which a group of players led by Michael Irving pitched in to buy a party house where there was prostitution and drugs.

Lungblood
quote:
He is there to win football games, not treat grown men with some personal issues like children.

He's not good at either one.
DecadePlan
AG
The atmosphere in Cleveland has become so cancerous that Johnny didn't even feel safe enough to be honest to his coach about partying. What a silly, small thing to lie about - yet he did. Nobody is asking why he covered that up: a legal behavior.

That organization can take a flying leap.
Oilfield Aggie12
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FirstEnergy_Stadium_(Cleveland)

THE FACTORY OF SADNESS LOL. That franchise needs to start over from top to bottom starting with the owner. They almost always find a way to lose a game. I don't enjoy watching this franchise struggle anymore. Hopefully they get the #1 pick and draft Paxton Lynch, Laremy Tunsil, Joey Bosa or depending if they trade down Goff or Treadwell. Personally I would draft Lynch. Then Lynch and Manziel could battle it out just like the battles here except theirs will not be predetermined.
VikingNik
AG
The Browns do not need a qb. Qb play has been pretty good this year. Every other position has been a smashsmortion. They should trade slightly down for more picks if they are smart.
permabull
AG
Muy
AG
I wonder if he tried to notice Johnny mentoring David on the sideline, something he never got from Hoyer last season.
Oilfield Aggie12
McCown is a career backup QB that gets to start in Cleveland and Tampa Bay. Manziel cannot stay on the field because he makes dumbass decisions off the field and cannot be trusted by coaches. You almost have to draft a quarterback if you are the Browns. Tunsil or Bosa would be one of the safer picks so I would not have a problem with either of those picks. Immediate impact players are what they need. Either way they need to come out of the draft with a quarterback. One of these days they will draft their franchise quarterback. Hopefully Manziel gets his act together and becomes that player.
oysterbayAG
AG
" The Browns are probably the worst professional sports franchise in the country.The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific.This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea "- - - - - - - - - Bill Livingston At this point, only Johnny can lift them up from the deep !
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
If only Pettine actually won football games...
Class of 65
AG
You don't have to deal with the Cleveland Coach. Johnny is a brat, a lair, and does not give a crap about his teammates.
oysterbayAG
AG
Pettine is a loser at 2-9 ! Johnny Manziel is a WINNER, not only in games but where it really counts $$$$
Post removed:
by user
TSHIRTAGWANNAB
Here's my tin foil hat wearing thoughts on this whole mess.
If they let Johnny start last night against horrible defense and he tears it up. Then Pettine looks like an idiot. Therefore bench him and hope McCowns glass body last the entire game. Then when/if McCown gets hurt and Davis just you know Davis' start Johnny against and pretty decent and stout Cinci team, with a limited playbook like his last two starts against Cinci. This making Pettine look right all along. Once then go back to McCown for the next cupcake team.
Tramp78
AG
"Nobody is asking why he covered that up"

Actually we know why he covered it up. He did it because his coach specifically told him not to do it and he did it anyway. When he found out that videos had surfaced showing him ignoring what his coach said, he lied and asked his buddies to lie to. If I was the coach I would have done exactly the same thing. Any coach that did differently is just letting his team run the organization.
VikingNik
AG
quote:
quote:
The Browns do not need a qb. Qb play has been pretty good this year. Every other position has been a smashsmortion. They should trade slightly down for more picks if they are smart.

Define please

From the 2007 movie "Knocked Up" where Seth Rogen's friends were trying to suggest his pregnant one night stand should get an abortion but used "rhymes with shmashmortion" as it was a delicate subject. Google spells it shmashmortion so my bad on that.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
PETTINE ISNT A BABYSITTER
No one asked him to be one.

hth
Post removed:
by user
Citizen Reign
quote:

No need for Pettine to play into the hands of the media. You know, the people that are creating said drama.

Pettine should be benching Johnny for being late to meetings, not for what caused him to be late to meetings. It's none of Pettine's GD business what Johnny does on his days off. If Johnny shows up late, that is all that matters. "YOU'RE LATE, NOW YOU ARE OUR 3RD STRING QB!"

Pettine screwed up making a rule that Johnny has to lay low. Hey Pettine, if you want to be involved in creating drama, go work for ESPN or TMZ.
Citizen Reign
quote:

That's putting it mildly.
FriendlyAg
quote:

quote:

I don't understand this mentality. His job is to make sure his team wins. The truth of the matter is you have to handle egos appropriately in order to get everyone to work together.

It is absolutely his job to make sure his best option at QB is on the field. It's in his best interest.

Look at Urban Meyer. Say what you will about the guy, I personally don't like him, but he is a genius at handling egos and situations like this. When Zeke made all those comments, Urban didn't bench him, he fed him the rock. When the game was over and they won, what did Urban do? He pulled Zeke into the interview with him, and made sure to compliment his star player. He did that on purpose to make sure Zeke new that the world thought that his coach believed in him.

Some of y'all will roll your eyes, but those types of things are important. Being able to appropriately address issues in your star players and rallying them to play together to win is the whole point of having a head coach.

Pettine has an issue because Johnny has more star power than him and he feels like he needs to exert his authority over Johnny. That's totally wrong. It's just not productive. He should be channeling Johnny to improve their football team.
philevans
AG
quote:
"Nobody is asking why he covered that up"

Actually we know why he covered it up. He did it because his coach specifically told him not to do it and he did it anyway. When he found out that videos had surfaced showing him ignoring what his coach said, he lied and asked his buddies to lie to. If I was the coach I would have done exactly the same thing. Any coach that did differently is just letting his team run the organization.
I agree.
Johnny has become lost.
Johnny is a liability.
TXlic GIGM61
Oilfield Aggie12
I know he has money but just fine his ass. He loves money so take some away.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.