Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Spav hasn't even been fired yet.

12,719 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jagged
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
well, it's December... still no announcement...
agdoc2001
AG
Numbers site is reporting a big in home visit tomorrow with the "entire offensive staff". Who is and who isn't present in that picture will probably tell us a lot.

EDIT: My mistake, the visit is actually this evening
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Collective
AG
I'm starting to think that this isn't going to happen.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
Numbers site is reporting a big in home visit tomorrow with the "entire offensive staff". Who is and who isn't present in that picture will probably tell us a lot.

If we're hiring a new OC who should pick his own staff, why would we do this?
Hu11abaloo
AG
quote:
Rojo or gtfo bro
If right, Aggie Rojo

If wrong, he will be known as... Aggie Blojo
zephyr88
AG
quote:
Numbers site???
Clem
quote:
If we're hiring a new OC who should pick his own staff, why would we do this
It might be so we can tell them that the new OC is coming in and will have discretion to replace offensive coaches as he sees fit. We do the something with our employees before a layoff. Gives them time to emotionally and financially prepare.
Clem
Ahh, sorry I read that wrong. I thought the staff was being brought in for a conference. I see they are making recruiting visits.
Republic Of TEXAgS
AG
Flight Aware shows a private jet from Columbia, SC landed at Dallas Love Field yesterday around 1 p.m. I assume KDS will pick up HBC and introduce him in a tweet from a recruit's house this evening.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to TEXAgS." - Davy Crockett
A is A
AG
quote:
quote:
Does anyone know if Spav is out recruiting right now?
he quit calling my son
way to own it.
bravo, sir
agdoc2001
AG
quote:

EDIT: My mistake, the visit is actually this evening
Spav, Banks, and Tan Vince Vaughn had an in home with Quartney Davis (4* WR) tonight.

https://twitter.com/queee_2/status/671876439331880962?

So.............yeah...........
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
Very rare logical waragle thread

It's not actually. Waragle clearly didn't read Rojo's posts and neither did you. It's quite possible that we get Spurrier and Spav goes nowhere. Rojo must have said that several times.

Didn't read? Have no clue, but have a strongly felt opinion anyway? This is Texags, create a thread and post away!
4ZORRO
AG
Need a OL Coach before new OC. Spav adjust calls to best insure his QB isn't killed on any particular play.
AgLiving06
Spav is gone. It's really a matter of in what manner that looks. Rumor is he will be leaving for a new role (possible head coaching job at small college). It's just a matter of time.

The real question is what is Sumlin going to do with Christensen. Sumlin brought him in to make changes to the offense that didn't mesh with the spread offense we were running.

When Spav leaves, Sumlin needs to decide what direction he wants to go with the offense and then hire his staff accordingly.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
Next September:

Junior: hey look mom there's an A&M football ticket in my happy meal.

Mom: Spavital is still the offensive coordinator, that's why it's in the happy meal son.

FIFY

jeffecr
AG
Spav just called a bubble screen...on your Mom.
W
AG
more than 72 hours since the end of the LSU game...
ffmedic87
Spav is gone.. Just wait for it.. It's just a matter of timing at this point... Hopefully McKinney is next..
Luke The Drifter
AG
quote:
more than 72 hours since the end of the LSU game...

I was just about to post this very same thing...

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
85AustinAg
AG
They are on the road recruiting. It'll probably be next week after the SEC championship game...
RogerTheShrubber
Again,,, re watch the games we lost,,, most of the time, it was NOT play calling but missed blocking assignments or just getting flat out manhandled at the LOS,,, quit being a bunch of over dramatic little girls and do some research before following the lemmings over the cliff!!
Before the world wide web, village idiots stayed in their own village...
FrontPorchAg
quote:
quote:
he quit calling my son
So he is at UNT
TXAdman
I think Sumlin wants to avoid the situation he had last year with a fired coordinator and no replacement in the middle of recruiting season. I also believe he is keeping Spav on staff while Spav interviews for head coaching jobs. His value is higher to a school if he is hired away from A&M as apposed to being hired after being let go. Until Spav has a firm commitment and can make an announcement on the next OC Spav will remain on staff.
Josepi
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
recruiting for his next job maybe
which begs the question ... if the boy knows he is toast, he can't be putting much heart into recruiting. That hurts us. That's on Sumlin.

The delay has certainly got to give some recruits pause. And how long does it have to take for Sumlin to realize the offense is a complete disaster? Auburn, Vandy, Ole Miss, LSU? Will he sacrifice the Bowl Game too? Do we end up losing to the technical institute something like 20 (two pick 6s and a field goal) to 7? Chavis will drink himself into a stupor and retire the next day if that is the case.

Doing the same thing over and over, while expecting different results, is the definition of insanity.

You're looking weaker (and more inept?) with every day that passes, Sumlin. The only thing that would lessen my perception is the confidence that changes are being made - behind the scenes - but are not quite ready for the light of day.

This post just screams insecurity
Swammy51
quote:
Again,,, re watch the games we lost,,, most of the time, it was NOT play calling but missed blocking assignments or just getting flat out manhandled at the LOS,,, quit being a bunch of over dramatic little girls and do some research before following the lemmings over the cliff!!

Then it's pregame coaching. Not worth a shick!
StayPuft
AG
quote:
3 commas, seriously?

Anyway, last time I checked the OC was the guy responsible for the offense and its production/progress, or lack thereof. Whether you want to chalk it up to poor execution or poor play calling, the root of the problem begins with Spav.
CrottyKid
AG
They were getting blown up in part because of play design. IMO

Sure, they aren't as talented as others, but we didnt do them any favors.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Why do we keep bad OC's on staff? Spav isn't a good QB coach. None of our QB's have shown ANY improvement since he's been here.
fooz
Someone buy www.hasspavbeenfired.com so I can check it everyday for updates.

I'll even host it for free.
Claud
quote:
Need a OL Coach before new OC. Spav adjust calls to best insure his QB isn't killed on any particular play.
Not sure I understand this comment considering the Aggies continue to run slow developing plays and play action passes on 3rd and long. Spav calls plays that gets the QB killed.
Claud
I personally am going to be so angry if Spav is not fired.
SAR Ag
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
recruiting for his next job maybe
which begs the question ... if the boy knows he is toast, he can't be putting much heart into recruiting. That hurts us. That's on Sumlin.

The delay has certainly got to give some recruits pause. And how long does it have to take for Sumlin to realize the offense is a complete disaster? Auburn, Vandy, Ole Miss, LSU? Will he sacrifice the Bowl Game too? Do we end up losing to the technical institute something like 20 (two pick 6s and a field goal) to 7? Chavis will drink himself into a stupor and retire the next day if that is the case.

Doing the same thing over and over, while expecting different results, is the definition of insanity.

You're looking weaker (and more inept?) with every day that passes, Sumlin. The only thing that would lessen my perception is the confidence that changes are being made - behind the scenes - but are not quite ready for the light of day.

This post just screams insecurity
what the hell are you talking about?
MidTnAg
AG
Since Spav is still here, that means he will be here next season and our offensive woes will continue - to Sumlin's credit.
jagged
AG
It would blow my mind if he gets a head coaching job, but more power to him if he does. He significantly underperformed at his two primary responsibilities as OC and QB coach.

If the handling of the QB situation (which Sumlin likely had a big hand in) is any indication, him having even more responsibility seems doomed to fail.

If running outside with a power back and consistently running play action on third and long is any indication of his philosophy and football acumen, he should not be in control.

As others have said, I'm sure he's a good dude with a big opportunity and is trying hard. My take is Sumlin promoted him too early and out of loyalty and because he is a young coach wants to make sure he gets a soft landing.

Sumlin the CEO gets one more shot at "if you can't beat them, hire them" approach, and if that fails to work, it's time to re-focus that methodology at the CEO level. I still like Sumlin but his cockiness and iron curtain around the program are a bit grating as time goes on and we still don't win the big game.

Maybe Spav could be a head coach. At least as CEO he might not have to call the plays.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.