Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If you had to change your team affiliation

11,010 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Gig em G
StrykerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
which team would you adopt?

Being from PA, I get asked "Why A&M?" a ton. I had no prior family ties to A&M, but got recruited by cadets that went to my high school. Recently, my girlfriend's cousin said he wants to go to Texas Tech...for engineering. Da fuq? So now the family has Penn State (grad) bama (tshirt), sip (tshirt), and tard. People sometimes have interesting reasons for picking schools. Who is your non-A&M pick?
AcctAg11
AG
Girlfriend's cousin probably thinks having 'Tech' in the name makes it a good school. Probably the right place for him if thats the case.
blumpkin
AG
TCU

I live in Tarrant County, wife went to grad school at TCU, Patterson is a great coach.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Colorado School of Mines, because Mines
Aftermath
AG
Ole Miss....child attended...easy to like, they are where I wish our program was..."on the way up"....Oh ,and did I mention their women..
Furlock Bones
AG
Montana St. ski after class every day.
howdy2u
AG
Bama. Winning is fun.
_mpaul
AG
Probably none. But if I was forced to make a decision, probably Penn State. Always loved the simplicity of the uniforms, the consistency of the program, and Joe Paterno. Sad how that whole thing went down.
StrykerAg
AG
quote:
Girlfriend's cousin probably thinks having 'Tech' in the name makes it a good school. Probably the right place for him if thats the case.

Agreed. I told her to tell him to do his research, but then I thought "Nah probably not a strong enough student for A&M engineering if he picked tech anyways"
BMX Bandit
Yes. It was very sad that he let a pedophile hang around.
Wabs
AG
Rule 1 all up in this biotch.
StartSpeedy
Princeton. Brag about championships
Sniffing Accountant
AG
Took a couple classes at Tarleton. They're part of the A&M system so it wouldn't be too blasphemous.
A Person
AG
Minnesota, because grad school.

After that, maybe Clemson? Always liked them for some reason.

Or V-Tech. Basically the east coast version of A&M
wisdom
AG
To someone wearing Maroon.
Ragoo
AG
virginia tech - FIL's employer, BIL and SIL's school
UH - dad's school
OU - sister's school, grandparent's school
Tulsa - Grandfather's school
permabull
AG
ColoAg95
AG
I will always root for A&M, but I have got to stop caring about having a winning program. It is hard on my health.

I don't think you can choose to root for a new college football program. Too weird.
Mike Elko
AG
quote:
Patriots
They just lost last night... Next.
Hamburger Dan
I could be the biggest LSU homer, most easily.
I only live about 95 miles from Norman, so maybe a Sooner fan too.
Miles711
AG
Airforce.
terata
AG
Rice
ag-bq-seventy
AG
I don't base my love for A&M on a game played by young men or young women. I still wear my ring proudly and will for the rest of my life. A&M changed me in a way no other school could have done.

So, I'll stay what and who I am.
singapore_sling
AG
Michigan. They probably have the best blend of high tier academics and athletics. Maybe if we stopped letting in 69% of our applicants, and having **** like Blinn team, we could up our academic rep.
aTm2004
AG
Yale. **** athletics. You beat us on the field, we'll raise your ****ing taxes, send you to prison, or have you knocked off.
8T2
My dad, granddad, and numerous cousins, aunts and uncles went to NC State. I was a State fan long before I knew what Texas A&M was. I still root for them whenever they are not playing the Aggies, which is almost always.
Tango Mike
Army. One of the last remaining D1 (kinda) teams where the players are students first and athletes second.
Citizen Reign
Purple Cobras'
AGECO95
A&M...could honestly care less about the rest
GinMan
AG
LSU, Cuz my bride is a coon ass from Swampers, LA...and Heaven to me is Venice, LA
Luke The Drifter
AG
1. Navy
2. Ole Miss
3. Arizona State
4. Clemson
5. Kansas State

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
94DallasAG
AG
Notre Dame

Irish and Catholic here.

Was the first truly big sports event I ever attended. 1978 vs Tennessee in South Bend. Joe Namath as QB and ND won 31-14. My dad scalped tickets and we sat in the Tennessee student section in our ND gear.

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Michigan because of family.

Arizona State...cause the chicks are easy.
Swing Your Saber
OU or SMU if attending after my senior year of HS & knowing what I knew then. A&M, Houston, SMU, & OU offered full rides. It would have been based on whatever my experience was while visiting.

Virginia if I was a senior today or knew then what I know now. Great school & I had great experiences there.

Honestly this is a difficult question. Bonfire was a huge part or my experience & nothing like it existed elsewhere or exists today.
P.C. Principal
Please don't hate me guys... but... Baylor.

Mom went there and brother is currently there. I'd feel like a total a-hole cheering against them when watching with family.

Other than that I always seem to root for Stanford for some reason.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.