Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Next years uniforms, back to basics

8,113 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Foxo
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shirts vs Skins... just like Streetball
jickyjack1
The best alternate uniforms -- in fact, the only really good ones -- were the '39 "throwbacks" with the wings on the helmets. In fact, those should be the all-the-time uniforms with only home-away jersey changes.

This is the one hundred percent, no hockey nor superfluous Easter parade dizzy wizzy designer bullcrap foolishness, only way to go.

If you're out there on the field to mix it up, BG tog out like it.
Ihatefallscounty
AG
Still better than these #beeslivesmatter
AG @ HEART
quote:
quote:
Only old people gives a **** which uniforms the team wears - give it up
Those same people are the ones writing the checks, paying for all the stadium upgrades, over-priced tickets, barber shops, facilities, etc. All that SWAG had better start producing results on the field, or all you people who love those gawd-awful uniforms can go to Adidas and see if they'll start picking up the tab.

You can say that those crap-tastic uniforms are what the kids want, but if they kids don't produce, you'd better remember you else you have to placate.

That'll learn us poors...
Silent For Too Long
quote:
I like that, with all the wild speculation about Spurrier flying around, Texags still takes time to ***** about something completely inane
You say that as if all the speculation about Spurrier wasn't equally inane.

I promise you it is.
mt3950
AG
quote:
quote:
Only old people gives a **** which uniforms the team wears - give it up
All that SWAG had better start producing results on the field, or all you people who love those gawd-awful uniforms can go to Adidas and see if they'll start picking up the tab.

Ummm....Adidas does pick up that tab
WolfCall
AG
quote:
I think the uniforms are the least of our worries
The uniforms are symbolic of swagism over substance.
Sea Gull
AG
Personally, I think it's embarrassing when we wear some fancy ass new alternate uniform, and then proceed to get our ass kicked.. Happens quite a bit, it seems like.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Massive piles of just plain idiotic statements in this thread. Let's go back to M&W only, but keep everything else the same. What would you wager our improvements would be? As other posters have stated, at least we would lose in traditional fashion.

I guarantee you that, if this team was undefeated -- or maybe even just one loss -- most of you whining like petulant children about uniforms would be much less interested in what the team wears. You're the first to complain about "swag", but would probably be the first to be posting about "swag" while you stalk children on Twitter to make sure they understand just how important it is to you that they play college football in maroon, white, black, gray, etc. You're the first to make borderline racist comments about rap music at football games. But, I'm guessing you'd find a way to embrace your inner Kanye if the product on the field was vastly improved.

Oh, how I wish uniforms were our top concern. How I wish swag threads were our biggest fish to fry. And, hey, Real Maroon Blood, you're a coach and you worry about uniforms? Most coaches I know couldn't care less because they're too busy worrying about the on-field product. I guess your team is cruising to another state title and, if so, congrats to you guys.

Problem is: Texas A&M has much bigger football problems than uniforms. Fixing the woeful offense had better be at the top of the list if Sumlin wants to be here in 2018, or possibly 2017. Until then, focusing on alternate uniforms, music, etc, is an utter waste of time. Grow up and move past it.
Foxo
AG
No more black. Maroon is our school color.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.