Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The Greatest Rivalry in Texas and Why It Needs to Return

7,074 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Lonestar1
Olsen15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We may actually win

http://redshirtsenior.com/2015/11/the-greatest-rivalry-in-texas-and-why-it-needs-to-return/
average_joker
hunter2012
AG
Screw that.
MizooAg94
AG
Here we go again....
MacDawg75
AG
Don't need, don't want.
tamc91
AG
No thanks, we're good.
shotcaller1
AG
OP, for your sake, delete thread
ArmyDoc
AG
Thought this was going to be the old rivalry of "The Fightin' Texas Aggies" and offensive points.

I would agree that that needs to return.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Good Lord.

This is exactly what is on our minds today.
chipotle
The infatuation with this game is exactly why it needed to go on hiatus for a long while.
STX Ag
AG
GFY
bigboykin
Pro Sandy
AG
Beat the hell outta t.u.

Going 2-4 in SEC West play isn't that impressive. But we can be 1-11 as long as we beat the hell outta those damn tsips.
mmh
AG

Yeah, that's whats missing.

The only thing that would help this years miserableness...

Playing the sips!!!

I say we do it, but only if they change the name to the Lone Star Shootout, otherwise there's no deal.
Talon2DSO
AG
I'll repost this here...

"Every attack, every public comment, every veiled insult, every article, every backhanded 'compliment', every radio hit piece regarding our move to the SEC has not been forgotten. Now that your sip position has been proven to be a vulnerable one, you're clamoring to share our sandbox. **** you. You had the opportunity to take an honorable road but chose, instead, to turn national media and your dumpster fire conference mates against us. You never saw us as equals nor were your intentions ever honorable. **** you. Our choice to act was strategic and unemotional. Your choice and those of you ilk was to act like petulant children. ****. You. "
MSCAg
AG
When we left, I would have argued all day for keeping the rivalry game.

But after the Horns p**ssed out and now that it's been a couple years, I just don't care.
Herne the Hunter
quote:
Beat the hell outta t.u.

Going 2-4 in SEC West play isn't that impressive. But we can be 1-11 as long as we beat the hell outta those damn tsips.
That line of thinking has plagued Aggie football for the last 100+ years.
AGC
AG
Flagged.
Amazing Moves
Nope
AggieHoopsGuy
AG
Nah
Win At Life
AG

Our rivalry is SO great that we don't want to play each other.
Wabs
AG
EAD
oldyella
AG
Go back in the sewer you crawled out of.
Pro Sandy
AG
quote:
quote:
Beat the hell outta t.u.

That line of thinking has plagued Aggie football for the last 100+ years.
Good thig things are on the up and up since we left t.u. behind! 2-4 in the SEC West with quality wins over arkansas and vandy.
p-wonk01
AG
Absolutely not
Frok
AG
Bring it back. LsU is not a rival.

We probably would have beat t.u. 4 straight years had we kept playing.
Frok
AG
quote:
I'll repost this here...

"Every attack, every public comment, every veiled insult, every article, every backhanded 'compliment', every radio hit piece regarding our move to the SEC has not been forgotten. Now that your sip position has been proven to be a vulnerable one, you're clamoring to share our sandbox. **** you. You had the opportunity to take an honorable road but chose, instead, to turn national media and your dumpster fire conference mates against us. You never saw us as equals nor were your intentions ever honorable. **** you. Our choice to act was strategic and unemotional. Your choice and those of you ilk was to act like petulant children. ****. You. "

Come on. It's a game. You guys take yourselves WAY too serious.
Ric Clark
quote:
I'll repost this here...

And I will repost it again for you as well with this addition

I cannot tell you what we will gain by playing them again and winning, but I can sure as hell tell you what we will gain by loosing. A life time of them rubbing their sh-- in our faces...

Therefore, not now, not ever.

Frok
AG
And there you have it. We are afraid to lose if we play them.
ClassOf17
quote:
Bring it back. LsU is not a rival.

We probably would have beat t.u. 4 straight years had we kept playing.

Much rather have the LSU game
Pro Sandy
AG
quote:
quote:
I'll repost this here...

And I will repost it again for you as well with this addition

I cannot tell you what we will gain by playing them again and winning, but I can sure as hell tell you what we will gain by loosing. A life time of them rubbing their sh-- in our faces...

Therefore, not now, not ever.

We win pride and bragging rights over them. Instead we have the glory of not being the bottom dwellers of the SEC West.
winston_57
AG
texas is currently in proverbial "quicksand". Why reach a stick out to them while the shoulder and head remain exposed to air.

let them sink further when only a hand remains to be seen and then, and only then, re-visit the potential of this game starting back up again.

Alas, my personal feelings are to let the hand slip below the surface and simply walk away forever acting like we witnessed nothing.
Hamburger Dan
It's Sunday, so it's time for another daily dose of teat sucking for the pro " let's play Texas again," because of the nostalgic good old days, state rivalry, in the Jackie days - we never lost to Texas, state legislature will push it, we recruit against them, yada, yada, yada.
Frok
AG
Well it sure beats talking about the meaningless loss to our forced rival LSU.
Deputy Travis Junior
Even if you're in the "bring back the game!" camp, it's impossible to deny that both teams need to get their **** together before we even talk about it. Putting these 2 inept clown offenses on a field together would be a personal insult to every person in the state.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.