Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The Pirate Still has it...

6,920 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggieC07
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here is WSU: (conference) overall, rank in div
2009 (0-9), 1-11, 10th of 10
2010 (1-8) 2-10, 10th of 10
2011 (2-7) 4-8, 6th of 6
*****hired*****
2012 (1-8) 3-9, 6th of 6
2013 (4-5) 6-7, 5th of 6 & bowl appearance
2014 (2-7) 3-9, 6th of 6
2015 (6-3) 8-4, 3rd of 6 & bowl TBD & nationally ranked 20th

If they were in the South division, they would be in the conference title game next week.

Tell me one player on their roster. You cant without looking it up. He gets results with 2-3 star talent. If he had a 5-star QB, they would be a household name.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Wish we had him. Him + Chavis = SECC
chipotle
The pirate is Team Deadwood all the way.
AG
At least he answers questions directly at press conferences. I'd take him.
AggielandPoultry
AG
Do want
Lateralus Ag
AG
When Sherman got canned he was one of the names I wanted in consideration. All he needed at Tech was a defense.
4ZORRO
AG
He sure didn't have it yesterday, got his head handed to him by 45-10 by Washington which needed the victory to become bowl eligible.
The Debt
quote:
When Sherman got canned he was one of the names I wanted in consideration. All he needed at Tech was a defense.
I would drop Sumlin for Leach in a heartbeat. Leach would keep Chavis....even get Chavis his own "bad player shed".
TxAg76
AG
quote:

He played some SEC teams in some bowl games. Got pimp slapped every time, offense got locked down, even with his "best" team with Harrell and Crabtree playing against a lesser than typical Ole Miss at that time.
So no, you don't want him, or any other coach or OC that runs their version of spread. Nobody has won major/meaningful games with it, except for us vs Bama, and that was due to the improv ability of JFF, not the offensive scheme.
aggiepaintrain
AG
He will never be out brained that's for sure, unlike what we have now.
The Debt
quote:
quote:

He played some SEC teams in some bowl games. Got pimp slapped every time, offense got locked down, even with his "best" team with Harrell and Crabtree playing against a lesser than typical Ole Miss at that time.
So no, you don't want him, or any other coach or OC that runs their version of spread. Nobody has won major/meaningful games with it, except for us vs Bama, and that was due to the improv ability of JFF, not the offensive scheme.

Florida and auburn say hi
WolfCall
AG
I like Mike Leach. He could do more consistently with less than anyone else. He is a big part of why Slocum left.
The Debt
Also OSU vs bama
powerbiscuit
quote:
quote:
quote:

Florida and auburn say hi

Mizzou won the east twice.
TyHolden
AG
quote:
At least he answers questions directly at press conferences. I'd take him.

He's a lawyer...prolly loves that ****
John Dutton
AG
Maybe The Pirate is Rojo's ringer?!?
TxAg76
AG
quote:
Also OSU vs bama

We're not running what Urban does, or what AU ran with Cam. Try again.
TxAg76
AG
quote:

Mizzou won the east twice.

The same SEC East that we'd likely finish 2nd in?
And then how'd Mizzou do in those SEC champ games?
Plus they don't run what Leach runs anyway.
Motel California
S
No
TxAg76
AG
CrottyKid
AG
I am starting to believe that these offenses that "work with 2 and 3 star talent" do NOT necessarily work with 4 and 5 star talent. Spav's offense is made to be tricky, outflank defenders, and to have some advantageous option against any defensive lineup. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work when the other team has super athletes who line up and hit you in the mouth on every snap. I wonder if similar offenses might suffer the same fate. Malzahn's offense looked awesome when he had a transcendent player at QB and/or one of the best rushers in the SEC. The same can be said for Mississippi State. I think that if you are going to be a pass heavy team in the SEC, you gotta go vertical like Ole Miss. It seems that gimmicky offenses get blown up by great defensive talent.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
Also OSU vs bama

You said the spread doesn't work agains the sec...no matter the OC's personal scheme.

When given 3 national champions and an sec division champion all running versions of the spread, you turn into a chicken sht who can't back up his claims.
Filthy Beast
quote:
Wish we had him. Him + Chavis = SECC
Would have fired him after 3-9 in 2014.
TxAg76
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Also OSU vs bama

You said the spread doesn't work agains the sec...no matter the OC's personal scheme.

When given 3 national champions and an sec division champion all running versions of the spread, you turn into a chicken sht who can't back up his claims.

No. The thread is about Leach. And when I said "their version of spread", I'm not referring to anyone who runs spread, I'm referring to Leach and the Mumme/Leach disciples with their Air Raid version. Don't try to twist my words into something they are not.
powerbiscuit
what offense did OU run when they kicked the **** out of Bama in the bowl game?
TxAg76
AG
quote:

Similar to the one that lost to t.u. this year, and seems to always lose a game somewhere along the way in the Big 12 with all the Big 12's world beater defenses.

Credit Trevor Knight and his feet in that Bama game though, that kid looked like JFF on that day.

We beat Bama with it, too. Once.
powerbiscuit
quote:
quote:

Similar to the one that lost to t.u. this year, and seems to always lose a game somewhere along the way in the Big 12 with all their world beater defenses.

Credit Trevor Knight and his feet in that Bama game though, that kid looked like JFF on that day.
no, they ran the same uptempo offense that we ran when we beat bama

TxAg76
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Similar to the one that lost to t.u. this year, and seems to always lose a game somewhere along the way in the Big 12 with all their world beater defenses.

So Lincoln Riley isn't running uptempo with Mayfield at QB this year? Ok, got it.
powerbiscuit
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So Lincoln Riley isn't running uptempo with Mayfield at QB this year? Ok, got it.

so they ran uptempo spread when they kicked the **** out of Bama (who is the best in the SEC west)? Is that what you are saying?

You are one dense sob.
TxAg76
AG
quote:

so they ran uptempo spread when they kicked the **** out of Bama (who is the best in the SEC west)? Is that what you are saying?

You are one dense sob.

Wow, insults w name calling. Yeah, I'm the dense one.
OU beat Bama. Once. Like we did, uptempo. Once. Lost to LSU with it too that year. OU wasn't in the natty picture the year they beat Bama, so they lost somewhere along the way too.

This year they put up 17 against t.u. with it. So t.u. must be awesome this year.

Are you saying that uptempo air raid is the offense we should stick with? If yes, then all I'm saying is that I disagree. Against elite defenses, it has failed more than it has won.

But yeah, I'm the dense sob I guess.
powerbiscuit
move those goalposts, son
AggieC07
AG
Doesn't Sebastian LeRue play for Wash St?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.