Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dancing around with a champagne bottle

16,164 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AnalogyAg
SigAg6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has to be the stupidest way to get demoted ever. Why would you let anybody record that video.
Bodhi
AG
quote:
Has to be the stupidest way to get demoted ever. Why would you let anybody record that video.

No the stupidest way to get demoted is by making the exact same mistake over and over, then going to rehab for it, but still continue to make the mistakes over and over.
gopitt
Moron. He wasted it all for booze.
BombayAg
Johnny Booze-ball
FriscoKid
AG
He could take a bunny from a little girl and kill it in front of her and people would defend him. That's the really sad part of his story.
aggiehawg
AG
As an Ol' Dame, I can testify that dancing around with a champagne bottle isn't the worst way to end an evening...before stupid camera phones, that is.

Lack of any semblance of privacy, is the pits.
TyHolden
AG
quote:
He could take a bunny from a little girl and kill it in front of her and people would defend him. That's the really sad part of his story.

What's wrong with that if he's hungry??
Quito
AG
quote:

No, this isn't something that 80% of us did when we were 22.
Owlagdad
Would not have a problem with his partying if he had not gone to rehab. Either the rehab was a sham to get him away from other destructive behavior, or it was for substance abuse and he has relapsed. Love JFF , but he is a fool or is in denial. Goes to show you can throw money at the experts who say they can cure you and it does not work, while you have millions of folks in AA who kick the habit for free once they realize they are powerless to alcohol and that they are not the center of the universe.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:

No, this isn't something that 80% of us did when 22 years old did.
Really. We were allowed to grow up and have fun and make dumb mistakes. Without our lives being ridiculed and plastered all over the internet.
Heismanziel
quote:
quote:

80% didn't have a serious alcohol problem that's impacting our career. I did, but I was probably in the 10%.
Amazing Moves
Let the media control your minds. Whiny asses.
Red Skye
AG
quote:
Would not have a problem with his partying if he had not gone to rehab. Either the rehab was a sham to get him away from other destructive behavior, or it was for substance abuse and he has relapsed. Love JFF , but he is a fool or is in denial. Goes to show you can throw money at the experts who say they can cure you and it does not work, while you have millions of folks in AA who kick the habit for free once they realize they are powerless to alcohol and that they are not the center of the universe.
Except AA doesn't work. No significant statistical difference between AA and quitting on your own.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

80% didn't have a serious alcohol problem that's impacting our career. I did, but I was probably in the 10%.
At 22????????? Which career did you have at 22??
Amazing Moves
He went to rehab to please the image makers. He doesn't have a problem. The media and the sheep agreeing with it have a problem. Just like the hypocrites in this thread.
Red Skye
AG
quote:
He went to rehab to please the image makers. He doesn't have a problem. The media and the sheep agreeing with it have a problem. Just like the hypocrites in this thread.
It's amazing how many threads were started by the insecure, jealous posters of TexAgs about this topic.
Slwdsm
Yep, he's such a terrible person for this offense... I don't think I have ever seen a football player do something so blatantly bad and cause such a huge hardship for such a great organization.

The browns and the NFL have no choice but to act. In fact he should be banned from the NFL, and put in prison if he ever touches an alcoholic drink again... After all we all know the full story of every thing that has happened in his life... Like the exact circumstances of his rehab/addiction and the exact circumstances of that party video.
schmendeler
AG
quote:

Terrible example. Besides, what is there to defend? Going out on an off week?
Artorias
AG
quote:
quote:

He told the Browns he had cleaned up his act. He told the Browns they had nothing to worry about moving forward. He lied.

It is not about this one incident. It is about a track record of behavior proving to the Browns that they cannot trust him with the keys to their team. It is a "trust" issue, not a legal issue, or even a right/wrong issue.

schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

He told the Browns he had cleaned up his act. He told the Browns they had nothing to worry about moving forward. He lied.

It is not about this one incident. It is about a track record of behavior proving to the Browns that they cannot trust him with the keys to their team. It is a "trust" issue, not a legal issue, or even a right/wrong issue.

What was "dirty" about it? What is there to worry about?

Btw, what was McCown doing last weekend?
zephyr88
AG
Social Media simply ****s everything up.
zephyr88
AG
I've done worse (in the past week), but I didn't have it posted all over the Internet.

It must really suck to be young & famous.
8T2
quote:
quote:

No, this isn't something that 80% of us did when we were 22.
None of us had an $8.2 million contract to do our job, with an opportunity to make $100 million if we did our job really well. What the party bros don't see is the future income that Johnny is pissing away...literally tens of millions of dollars, because he won't drink in private.
FriscoKid
AG
How many defenders on this thread so far? I think my point has been made.
Artorias
AG
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14214491

Good breakdown of why the Browns are over Johnny.
Red Skye
AG
quote:

Is there a similar video with a good breakdown of why the NFL is over the Browns?
Artorias
AG
quote:
quote:

Is there a similar video with a good breakdown of why the NFL is over the Browns?
Maybe. Feel free to find it and share with us.
Heismanziel
quote:
. Why would you let alcohol and sex ruin your career. Because both are very addictive. He needs to hit rock bottom and then he might change
zephyr88
AG
Thankfully, Joe Namath didn't have Instagram...
VikingNik
AG
Look, I don't know what was said behind closed doors in Berea but I can imagine that Johnny doesn't see what he did constitutes making him or the Browns look bad. He had a good time. No fights, no drunk driving, etc. He had five days off and returned to Ohio after three, ready to prepare for the Ravens this week. This happened nine days before game day. This is such a weird morality play going on that I don't think existed before Johnny came along. It seems especially weird from a town like Cleveland that is blue collar drink after your shift is over kind of place to demand him being a monk.
Red Skye
AG
quote:
Look, I don't know what was said behind closed doors in Berea but I can imagine that Johnny doesn't see what he did constitutes making him or the Browns look bad. He had a good time. No fights, no drunk driving, etc. He had five days off and returned to Ohio after three, ready to prepare for the Ravens this week. This happened nine days before game day. This is such a weird morality play going on that I don't think existed before Johnny came along. It seems especially weird from a town like Cleveland that is blue collar drink after your shift is over kind of place to demand him being a monk.
I'm still convinced Pettine absolutely hates JFF.
Artorias
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm still convinced Pettine absolutely hates JFF.
I don't think there is any doubt about that. All the more reason to keep your nose clean.
Windy City Ag
AG
Well, the whole average 22 year old angle Is irrelevant because none of us took jobs at that age paying us millions in a high risk high reward profession in which a lack of productivity means a pink slip. He could be clean and sober and sucking ass like he is right now and still get canned. He is not paid like a long term project player.

We all chuckled at headcase overrated Vince Young flaming out of the league but reality is our boy JFF is not really all that different. Young wwill likely have better numbers though plus a playoff run and a pro bowl.
schmendeler
AG
quote:

Well said. Just a ridiculous position to take by Cleveland.
Windy City Ag
AG
Where I think the thick headedness on our fans on this subject comes In is that you can't view his actions in isolation. If you are paying huge sums to an employee who admits substance abuse problems and has a history of instability, you reach a second chance crossroad where the guy either makes a change for the better or you fire his ass and wash your hands of the matter. JFF is working towards the second outcome.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.