Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Every Rojo post from Rojo prediction thread

93,766 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by merc
yeahtoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Latest Rojo post in this thread:

quote:
AggieRojo 2:17p, 11/20/15

I am taking off for a bit and will not be available until after the SEC game. The announcement will be HUGE.
Some coaches see eye-to-eye, others see visor-to-visor, and yet others see the writing on the wall.

Original conglomerate of Rojo posts below. Apparently all the clues are laid out in posts.

Here you nerds go. Allegedly the puzzle pieces are all here:

AggieRojo
6:36p, 10/25/15

Friends in low places tell me a new OC is on the way. The name is HUGE.

AggieRojo
6:39p, 10/25/15

I posted Chavis' name too early last time. Caused a legal squabble. Not making the same mistake twice. The name is HUGE.

AggieRojo
6:42p, 10/25/15

My two biggest recruiting predictions came true: Mack and Murray - and, as was confirmed by others - I was one of the very few who knew Mack had made a private commitment to Chief in January.

AggieRojo
7:36p, 10/25/15

There are a couple of complications to work out. But the end result will be another great move in Aggieland. Sumlin, give him a raise. The guy has guts.

AggieRojo
1:13p, 10/27/15

Wait for it. It's coming. Sumlin is very loyal to his coaches, as we would want him to be. He's not going to throw them under the bus -- but, he is going to have a new OC. Wait for it, there are a couple of complexities to be worked out. When you hear the name -- you will know the reason for the wait.

AggieRojo

In reply to Harry Lime 1:20p, 10/27/15
quote:
Quote::

This attention is very important to you, isn't it?

Considering you don't know who I am, that I have posted 3-4 times in the past year, I think you are on to something.....

Just wait for it.

And for those few "Ags" who are blasting the players - stop. Stop. Stop. Those who would do so are the same you didn't even make their High School practice squad for the Freshman C team.

Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray are both exceptional QBs. We have exceptional WRs. We need a bit of work on the OL. But, most of all we need a new OC that doesn't literally shuffle his index cards to randomly call plays. Sumlin gave the guy every bit of the doubt he could. Now, there is no doubt in Sumlin's mind that there needs to be a change. But, he isn't going to do this publicly.

Sit down, be quite, and wait for it. On game day, stand up and Yell your freakin' heads off for the players in Maroon. They deserve it.

AggieRojo
In reply to Crouching Jackass 2:52p, 10/27/15

quote:
Quote:Yeah that's what's going on.

So you threw out Chavis name as a wild-ass guess and got lucky and now your trying to parlay your craps roll into some "inside guy" stature. Your rolling the dice again. You don't know anything. And if you did (you don't) you ought to shut up anyway.

"Wait for it" "Wait for it" bla bla bla. Go away, poser.

I threw out Chavis name two days before he was announced because that was the phone call I received telling me the deal was done and the ink was dry.

I also privately told several folks via PM (who later vouched for it right here on TexAgs) two weeks before it was public that Daylon Mack had privately committed to the Chief in January. Daylon Mack and Kyler Murray were the "Curly Shuffle" event for recruiting day. I also named three other players that were strong leans for a total of five commitments no public at that time. Three signed, two didn't. The two that didn't were last minute losses -- once of which likes to tweet during half-time of his games that he'd rather be with the good guys.

It's important to you to keep a dumpster fire going, isn't it? If you are an Aggie -- shut up, sit down, and wait for Sumlin's move. If you are not an Aggie - just keep acting whining and pretending that you know something about football. Unless, of course, you can tell us which major college programs recruited your lack of skill, muscle, and speed out of high school...

AggieRojo
In reply to ryamkajr 4:00p, 10/27/15

quote:
You may very well have the real name. But you are coming in here, showboating with all of this posting. Back up your posts. It will protect your sources since it will be confidential until after the fact.

It's already out there for all to see. I refer you to my first post. The devil is in the details. The first post has within it the identity of the new OC. Time will tell the tale.

AggieRojo

In reply to AggieAuditor 9:36a, 10/28/15

quote:
Quote:
Are you the same AggieRojo that is on Instagram under the same name?

Heck No. Does that guy look like he has a degree in engineering from Texas A&M? That he is retired and playing golf most days? That he consults once in a while when it interests him?

Having said that, here is an update: things are progressing nicely. It's a good time to be an Aggie -- even when our offense has some play calling issues.

AggieRojo
2:59p, 10/29/15

Update from this morning: things are still progressing. My friend in low places will be out-of-pocket until Sunday, so no updates from here until then. If anyone has BAS after Sumlin's announcement (when everything is done and signed) -- get a cat - you deserve each other.

It's a great time to be an Aggie, and to sit in Kyle Field and watch kids play their hearts out in front of 105,000 Aggies.

Sumlin, give him a raise.

AggieRojo
In reply to greenband 3:27p, 10/29/15

quote:
So is this unsubstantiated prediction a November announcement or later in 2015 or 2016? I use the word unsubstantiated in regards to single source versus Orwell's "willing suspension of disbelief".

On another note, this forum (and this thread in particular) have satisfied my desire for reality TV this week ...

My understanding is the announcement will be sometime on or before the SEC Championship game (if we are not in it, which at this point, looks like we have a tough road in front of us to make it). So, yes, definitely this year, and most probably in November or just prior to the SEC Championship Game for the additional PR buzz (as if that would be needed).

AggieRojo
In reply to Sniffing Accountant 6:34p, 10/29/15

quote:
Quote::Serious question for Rojo:

Do you know who it is or is your friend telling you to GET HYPE?

Because I'm good with either

I know the name and I have met the candidate in person. Not as part of this negotiation but as part of other college football activities.

Just hang on. Well worth the wait.

It is always a great day to be an Aggie, but its going to get a lot better being an Aggie football fanatic when this happens.

[edited to correct "me" to "met"]

AggieRojo
In reply to Kasey Kelso 9:00p, 10/29/15

quote:
Quote::Rojo, I'll make this really easy for you. When I said a small hint so that you could prove yourself come the end of Nov.. Let's do this.

1. Which time zone had this coach spent most of his career coaching in? To include all of his assistant work?

Or

2. Which conference had he spent most of his career in... To include assistant positions?

If you can't even answer this. Just stop with the nonsense. If you really knew, these questions would be easy to answer given how vague they are.

$10 says he never answers

Let me type this real slow so that even you can comprehend: my first post is all that will be needed to identify the fact that I know who it is that A&M is negotiating with and ironing out the finer details.

I will be in College Station on the morning, at the game Saturday and activities afterwards, and visiting with old friends on Sunday at the course. That's when the friend in low places will meet up with me. Should be interesting playing a round of golf and talking about the progress of the hire. And yes, that means two others will be in our foursome who are also aware of what is going on. So, care to be my caddy on Sunday?

AggieRojo
5:32p, 11/1/15

Sorry, no golf. Just too much rain. Oh well, there is always this weekend.

But, great breakfast and great walk around campus.

So, here is the scoop: Every decision maker understands that there needs to be a change in leadership on the offensive side. But, Spavital is seen as a coach who can contribute to the effort in another capacity.

The new OC candidate is very excited about the possibility of guiding the A&M offense. They have always kept an eye on Texas A&M. Both sides are moving forward and there is no reason that anyone can see that an announcement will not be made once the Aggies and completed their last game of this season.

It is, and always has been, a great day to be an Aggie.

And, it is going to be much better to be an Aggie football fan once the "dream team" has its final member. Sumlin, Chavis, and [Touchdown!]. What a team. Seriously, if Sumlin and the AD pull this off -- give them both a raise, add some more statues around Kyle Field when it is all over.

BTW, how did you guys like that game up in Iowa last night? Apparently it only takes 1 point to beat the sips these days......now, that's some strong football.

AggieRojo
In reply to Silent For Too Long 9:13a, 11/3/15

quote:
Quote::Excuse us if we want to strive for excellence in an area not related to bubble screens and the horizontal passing attack.
You can "strive" for what ever the **** you want to, chief. Your "striving" isn't going to change a damn thing.

Spav is our OC. Barring a complete collapse, he's not going anywhere.

Now, you can root for the team and be happy after wins, or you can be miserable ****ty zoo posters who act like the world is ending when we are well on our way to a 10+ win season, something we've only accomplished a few times in the last 20 years.. It's completely up to you, although, I strongly recommend the former, as the latter is pretty insufferable. Some people like being miserable ass holes, though. Different strokes I guess.

"Barring a complete collapse"? That is why this move is being made. There have been *TWO* complete collapses the past two years, and there is only one person who is responsible: Spav. His current skill set and abilities are not up to the job of being an OC in the SEC and going against the best Head Coaches, Best DCs, and best players in college football on a weekly basis. The Peter Principle is at play.

Yet, Spav has a lot of promise. So, how do you salvage a lot of promise and provide a path that avoids another complete collapse next year? Answer: a big time OC that can continue the mentoring process with Spav. Will Spave be "Associate OC", or "Assistant OC", or "QB Coach", after the change is made? That is one of the things being worked out.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

AggieRojo
2:59p, 11/5/15

Some, who have been silent too long, have questioned whether or not Texas A&M needs a new direction on the offensive side of the ball. Here is what is being told to me by my friends in low places:

The reason such a move is being forwarded is because of the direction A&M's offense has taken over the past two years: less yardage, less scoring, less plays, less excitement, less adjustments, less everything except sacks, turnovers, and bad play calling. The A&M offense enters the season with a playbook. The playbook never changes. No adjustments to take advantage of an opponents weaknesses, no adjustments to take advantage of A&M's receiving corps. Third and 17 and handing off up the middle on a play that has averaged a loss the previous four times? Given the position of our linemen's feet -- passing this time?

Our opponents have "the book" on the offense midway through the season and shut us down. We suffer a complete offensive melt down and score 0 or 3 points in critical games. Spav's solution? Switch QBs and adjust the offense to the new QB, thus removing the predictability from the offense that was in the books, and resuming a decent scoring capability. Happened in 2014. Happened in 2015.

Now, we may not be expected by some to beat Alabama, LSU, and/or Ole Miss every year - but scoring 0 or 3 points is NOT expected and no one who has just contributed to the $700 million investments in the football program is sitting idle to see it happen for 3 years in a row. Neither are Blue Chip prospects. One collapse happens. Two is a pattern. Three is a program. So, a substantive change must be made to move forward and ensure that next year our offense fires on all cylinders and provides the points necessary to win the SEC.

$700 million is a game changer. Another Fran era simply is not going to be tolerated from anyone watching the games from the comfort of their leather chairs in their suites. Too many people with too much commitment to the program.

So, there will be a change, and it will be HUGE.

AggieRojo
In reply to jeffdjohnson 3:16p, 11/5/15

quote:
Quote::Nothing of substance. Random BS speculation.
If it were BS, it is specifically targeted BS - not "random BS". If it were BS. But, it's not BS on my side, it's BAS on your side.

AggieRojo
11:38a, 11/9/15

From my friends in low places.

-Sumlin isn't going any place. He is the key to A&M's future. No one at any level is talking about Sumlin being on the hot seat.

-Things are still moving forward with the new OC. Two obstacles are now out of the way. Just a few other things to work through. There is one (and only one) candidate at this point in time, and things are looking HUGE.

Reminder: we are playing in the best division of the best conference in the country. It's not like we have been shut-out 24-0 by an Iowa State team from a weak conference or something. But, the recognition is that to WIN the SEC West and move on to the SEC Championship game and the playoffs -- something HUGE has to happen.

AggieRojo
In reply to tiger90 5:22p, 11/10/15

quote:
Quote::I believe it is Spurrier..... In an earlier clue Aggie Rojo qouted Abraham Lincoln, the same weekend that Spurrier was in Lincoln

....follow the yellow brick road....

AggieRojo
3:20p, 11/16/15

No news on the new OC front -- which is good news. That means all things are headed towards a signed contract - which is not scheduled to be signed until *after* the season is over.

As I posted last time -- two major hurdles were cleared, just a few more things being ironed out. Sumlin has his new OC, looks like its a formality at this point in time.

To those who don't think Sumlin knows he needs to make a move at OC - and a bold one at that - think about this: Sumlin is fully aware that coaches such as Bear Bryant, Gene Stallings, Darrel Royal, and even A&M's beloved R.C. Slocum, were pretty much ran out of town when they failed to make bold decisions and the respective programs waned. All of these coaches either had National Championships/undefeated seasons and/or a boat load of conference championships. In football, you are only as good and as secure as your last season. That's the life of coaching.

Texas loved to count their 10 victory seasons as if beating the Western Carolinas and Kansas' of the world meant something to someone. Ah, but Mack Brown only won 2 conference championships in his 35 seasons as a head coach. After a 700 million dollar investment -- no BMA in and around this state is counting anything other than SEC Championships and playoff berths as the criteria for the A&M coach doing their job.

Hang tight, change is coming, and its HUGE.

AggieRojo
In reply to rcannaday 4:06p, 11/16/15

quote:
Quote::Rojo if you screw us, we will post your info on Old Rivalries (those guys don't play around)

Now, why would I screw you? Have you seen my wife? Actually, if you went to the Auburn Yell Practice -- you would have had to see my wife. She was on the field.....

AggieRojo
In reply to wood2007 1:48p

quote:
Quote::Looch still adamantly sticking to his guns that no decision will be made on Spav or a new OC until the end of the regular season

Definitely a stark contrast to what Rojo is claiming..

Isn't rojo saying he doesn't think it'll happen until the end of the season?
Rojo is saying the actual hire will be announced after LSU. But he's saying the decision is made and the hire is in progress already.

Looch is saying no such decision has been made yet.

I am saying that the only thing left in the hiring process are these two things:

A) the signature on the dotted line
B) the fat lady singing after the SEC Championship

After the ink is dry, I am sure Looch will join Aristotle and Plato in welcoming A&M football's newest son with an article outlining the process.

It will be HUGE.

AggieRojo
In reply to Russ11 1:55p

quote:
Quote::It would sure be nice if you told us who, at least then I could focus more on the who is gonna be Qb threads..

Please??!

I already have. It's HUGE. Some may not give credit for that - but its really all you needed to know to identify him. So, I have added two more clues that will show to any reasonable person who it is:

Follow the yellow brick road.
Aristotle and Plato.

Of course, its difficult to piece the puzzle together when you are looking at the back. But, once the front is revealed, it will be a "Doh" moment for many....

AggieRojo
In reply to Russ11 2:14p

quote:
Quote::I'm feeling Athens too

Aristotle and Plato from Athens..

Plus this link

http://www.scout.com/college/georgia/story/1606650-uga-s-journey-down-the-yellow-brick-road

Get some of that old timey religion.....and your feet will be on the right path.

AggieRojo
In reply to somebody
quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote::Why would the announcement have to wait until after the SEC championship game instead of after our last game against LSU?

My friends in low places tell me for PR purposes: maximum impact for A&M to make a HUGE announcement while all the talking heads are talking about the SEC Championship game and the playoffs. It will be just before or just after the SEC Championship game.

AggieRojo
In reply to CorpsAg11 2:49p

quote:
Quote::Mangino is the only one that makes sense with ALL of the clues:

Huge: He fat.

Yellow Brick Road: Best known as the former KU coach

Plano & Arisotle: http://assets.espn.go.com/ncf/news/2001/1204/1289529.html

Bohl said one thing that made Mangino attractive was his background with Stoops and Snyder.

"That's like working with Aristotle and Plato," he said.

They say you can lead a horse to water.....

You are leaving out that old timey religion. Its very, very important in philosophy.

That's it. You'll have to wait until December for the new OC to be revealed. It will be HUGE.
Wabs
AG
Herpes for the eyes
CorpsAg11
AG
I've solved the riddle. He loves attention.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Must have been a good meeting today.
HBCanine08
AG
AggieGreg06
AG
So Mangino? Ok...
SECond2noneAgs
AG
LuvMarley
quote:
PlayToWin2000
AG
You have way too much free time OP.
tamuwx
AG
You sir have no life
Post removed:
by user
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
I needed the script capture writing and macro practice.

This took roughly 10 minutes, if that.
cap-n-jack
I hope it's not Mangino. I don't even really know why, I just hope he's not the HUGE announcement.
Capt. America
AG
That wall of text is too much.
clintron
AG
Huge.... Hue J.... Hue Jackson? The cincinatti Bengals oc?
Traveler
AG
Because i need a break from work:

Is Mangino really a good recruiter?

If not, this seems like an incredibly underwhelming hire. (Although I admittedly know v. little about him).
Goodfield Nohit
At no point does Sumlin deserve another raise.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
It's Schottenheimer from Georgia. Big name, old school offense, wants to get out of the Mark Richt failmobile. He is from Kansas.
Meximan
quote:
Sit down, be quite, and wait for it.
Y'all be quite, damnit!
Guppy91
AG
NERDS!
PeekingDuck
AG
quote:
It's Schottenheimer from Georgia. Big name, old school offense, wants to get out of the Mark Richt failmobile. He is from Kansas.
Yup.
LuvMarley
Little under-whelmed with the prospect of it being Mangino. I want "HUGE" as in incredible not "HUGE" as in size.
PeekingDuck
AG

The Attention You Desire
quote:
I've solved the riddle. He loves attention.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Dear god, please don't let it be Mangino...
PeekingDuck
AG
quote:
Dear god, please don't let it be Mangino...
It won't be Mangino. Don't worry.
PeekingDuck
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd agree except that this isn't a huge hire.
PeekingDuck
AG

DallasAg 94
The only name that comes to mind is a current OC for a team that wouldn't allow him to leave on/before the SEC CG.

He coached for Spurrier
Just Tired
so new oc is ariana grande?
Signel
AG
ROJO I WANT ON THE FRAN STYLE MAILING LIST.
CivilAg_18
AG
quote:
Heck No. Does that guy look like he has a degree in engineering from Texas A&M? That he is retired and playing golf most days? That he consults once in a while when it interests him?
This sounds eerily similar to mfbarnes
NavyAg92
AG
Well, what I got out of this thread is that Spav will remain on the staff as the QB coach.
Spyderman
AG
quote:
yep...my money is on him..
Bison
AG
The Lincoln reference... Lincoln Riley??? (OC, land thieves)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.