Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Student Sports Passes

22,248 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by GoneGirl
Egy Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just graduated and I've been looking at sports passes for the Alabama game in two weeks, and they are crazy fu**ing expensive! What happened to all the good Ags who would give away their pass? Or at least sell it close to what face value is?!

I flat out refuse to pay triple face value for a sports pass. And don't give me the bull**** supply and demand argument. These sports passes are heavily subsidized by the 12th Man Foundation and students are profiting off of selling their sports passes. I know college students are poor and all this bull**it but if you're poor, work for a damn living, don't make money by cheating the university.
wolfpack759
AG
A new topic to discuss
Engine10
AG
Wait so you graduated already? And feel entitled to having access to cheap tickets?

Get a better job.
bnago
AG
Hilarious!!! You're a former student, making a dang living, biotching about students selling the tickets higher than face value... Just a thought, but how about trying to get non-student tickets with some of your buddies... I'm sure they'll give you a deal...
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
This should be fun...

Popcorn
JimbloFisher
AG
liberal arts
Egy Ag
I can afford the ticket. That's not the issue. It's overpaying for an already subsidized ticket. It's also the fact that I want to sit with my friends who are still students.
STX Ag
AG
What a little *****
bnago
AG
quote:
This should be fun...

Popcorn
Hey FD, pony up some tickets to help out this guy...
Egy Ag
Have you seen how many Aggie parents are in the student section? They get sports passes. I can get very good seats for this game, but not on the student side.

I might be a former student, but I've only been a former student for less than a month. Forgive me for having friends that haven't yet graduated.
Egy Ag
No one else thinks it's wrong that there are kids literally profiting off of their sports passes? The lowest I've heard was $175 for a sports pass. They cost $290 FOR THE ENTIRE FREAKING SEASON FOR EVERY SINGLE SPORTING EVENT ON CAMPUS!

I'm not asking for much, just for people to be a little reasonable.
Smee
quote:
I want to sit with my friends who are still students.

Que?
gambochaman
AG
This is the most pathetic thread ever
BQ84 -ORP
AG
Everybody has their price. Maybe they all really want to go to the game but if they can get x amount then they will sell. You will find this is how the world operates, Grasshopper.
HustlerAggie
Did your major require you to take an economics class?
Egy Ag
Most kids that graduated within these past two years are still sitting in the student section. They get sports passes just like me. I've bought a sports pass before. It was the Auburn game when we had JFF two years ago. Gladly paid double for my brother to come to the game and sit with me in the student section.

I won't, however, get buttfu**ed by some kid who's clearly profiting off their sports pass to go watch the game.

I got offered regular seats not in the student section for less than what was quoted for a sports pass. That ain't right.
Classof19
AG
As a fish who will be in the nose bleeds... this is just entertaining to read
Egy Ag
I'm an economics major with a minor in mathematics. I'm fully aware of supply and demand. I'm also aware of the fact that these sports passes are SUBSIDIZED, meaning you're not paying market price. Nice try bud.
Charlie 31
AG
What entitles you to scam the 12th Man Foundation by getting a cheaper student ticket now that you are an A&M grad? Dumb post, OP!
Rydyn
AG
Oh shut up.
bnago
AG
quote:
No one else thinks it's wrong that there are kids literally profiting off of their sports passes? The lowest I've heard was $175 for a sports pass. They cost $290 FOR THE ENTIRE FREAKING SEASON FOR EVERY SINGLE SPORTING EVENT ON CAMPUS!

The Zoo and being reasonable...probably a long shot, but hey, good luck with that!
Egy Ag
I don't feel entitled to cheap tickets, like mentioned before. I'm not entitled to anything. This whole thing with selling sports passes for money is new. I never did it. My friends never did it. I'm just complaining that it's wrong, in my humble opinion.
Egy Ag
As mentioned before, I'm not looking for cheap tickets. I'm looking to sit with my friends. That's all.
Engine10
AG
Sure, maybe it's not fair. Welcome to life after college. If you want to go with those specific seats, pay the price or be a better negotiator dude. Pro Tip: Beer is always colder and cheaper at home.
ConLaw
AG
Too late. You sound entitled and you're covering your entitled tracks.

Also, you're entitled.
slider676
AG
quote:
My friends never did it.

Well if they gave away free ones you wouldn't be here right now so...
bnago
AG
quote:
I don't feel entitled to cheap tickets, like mentioned before. I'm not entitled to anything. This whole thing with selling sports passes for money is new. I never did it. My friends never did it. I'm just complaining that it's wrong, in my humble opinion.
Yet, you have already admitted to being complicit in this horrible act by "paying double" for a sports pass. In fact, I believe you said that you gladly participated in allowing a fellow student to profit from a heavily SUBSIDIZED ticket. So man, you gotta let us know, as an Economics graduate, how can we bring fairness to our overly capitalistic student body???
HustlerAggie
If you know they are subsidized.....and you understand free market pricing.....then how are you surprised at the pricing? You have answered your own question. No one is forcing you to buy anything that you feel is overpriced.

Perhaps your reasoning was that complaining about it would make you feel better.
STX Ag
AG
Man. This guy really is an idiot.
WoMD
quote:

I'm class of 04 and sold my sports pass for profit multiple times since I couldn't go, and people were willing to pay. This is nothing new. Just cause you didn't do it means nothing. Stop whining and deal with it.
hillcountryag86
AG
Your argument is those passes are subsidized. They are.

For students.
JimbloFisher
AG
quote:

Where have you been the last couple of years?
AFDave13
AG
quote:
Your argument is those passes are subsidized. They are.

For students.
Old Town Ag
AG
OP, were you planning on using your old ID or paying the extra for non student sticker?
aggie4231
AG
Find out names and then report them to 12thman association

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.