Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

LSU vs South Carolina game moved to Baton Rouge

26,531 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Rusty GCS
Hot Boudin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very sad to see the pictures and hear what is going on in Columbia this past week. I am glad that LSU is able to help and allow South Carolina to have all of the profit from this game played in Tiger Stadium.

Looking at just this game though, it is a huge disadvantage for South Carolina to have their game moved from Williams Brice which is about middle of the pack for SEC home field advantages to Tiger Stadium which is widely regarded as the #1 home field advantage in all of college football.

I expected LSU to win on the road, but now I am 100% confident that LSU will win easily.

Thoughts are prayers go out to all the South Carolina fans for what is going on right now. If any are able to make it to the game, they can certainly eat and drink for free at our tailgate.

What a crazy season for LSU so far...First game cancelled after about 10 plays from scrimmage and then an away game being played in Tiger Stadium.
ahlongslide
AG
quote:
If any are able to make it to the game, they can certainly eat and drank for free at our tailgate.
The real definition of southern hospitality.
agz win
AG
Will LSU refuse to let SC bring their band to play at halftime, too?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Lsu was going to win this one regardless of where it is played. The usc run defense is not very good. Look for Fournette to get his 200 yds in about 3 quarters of play.
The Collective
AG
Did you intend to post this on Cockytalk and just got confused?
gibberish
AG
quote:
I am glad that LSU is able to help and allow South Carolina to have all of the profit from this game played in Tiger Stadium.
Would not count on that until the check clears.
bjraggie10
AG
quote:
I am glad that LSU is able to help
Yes, how generous of LSU to accept an extra SEC home game.

WGann3
AG
The Mad Hatter gets to play an extra home conference game. Really wish poor Les Miles could catch a break just one time in his tenure at LSU.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
quote:

This dip**** corn dog actually thinks this is a righteous gesture
Aggies1322
AG
LSU really needs to turn the library into a refugee camp for the flood victims. No one is ever in there and not too many books taking up space..
Hot Boudin
quote:
The Mad Hatter gets to play an extra home conference game. Really wish poor Les Miles could catch a break just one time in his tenure at LSU.
Les Miles first game at LSU had to be moved from LSU to Arizona St in 2005 because of Hurricane Katrina.

Also, I would call having to play Bama in the national championship game in 2011 after we already defeated them in Tuscaloosa a pretty bad break as well.
oragator
Did he post this to give the info or brag about LSU?
Aggies1322
AG
quote:
quote:
Les Miles first game at LSU had to be moved from LSU to Arizona St in 2005 because of Hurricane Katrina.

Also, I would call having to play Bama in the national championship game in 2011 after we already defeated them in Tuscaloosa a pretty bad break as well.

Are you listening to what you're saying? "Having to play a team we already beat in the national championship"... you already beat them once.
ksAG04
Hot Boudin
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you listening to what you're saying? "Having to play a team we already beat in the national championship"... you already beat them once.
Can you not comprehend my sentence? Or are you stating that having to play a team twice (when we defeated them the first time) was an advantage for LSU?
WGann3
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm sure Les has had 2 or 3 bad breaks during his tenure at LSU, but outside of Baton Rouge I'm fairly certain he is considered the most fortunate coach out there and by a wide margin.
Aggies1322
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Can you not comprehend my sentence? Or are you stating that having to play a team twice (when we defeated them the first time) was an advantage for LSU?

I mean, you found a way to beat them once. Why not just do it again?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yes, if you beat them, you should be the better team, so you should have no problem playing them again to prove you are the best team in the nation. Unless you were scared and thought that you just got lucky the first time.
Aggies1322
AG
quote:
Yes, if you beat them, you should be the better team, so you should have no problem playing them again to prove you are the best team in the nation. Unless you were scared and thought that you just got lucky the first time.

See, champ gets it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

See, champ gets it.

That's because I don't have a loser's mentality.
Jack Leatherman
Smart thing to do. I am sure the SEC will take care of them next year ( unlike the B12)
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This dip**** corn dog actually thinks this is a righteous gesture

Since they're giving the profit to SC, it is.
Hot Boudin
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

In a rematch of any game, the team that lost the first one typically has an advantage. Not always enough an advantage to win the second game, but it is typically harder to defeat a team the second time than the first typically.

Just like home field is an advantage, but the home field team doesn't always win with that advantage.

Having to play Bama again in 2011 was a disadvantage for LSU. It would have been much easier to play against a new team. Bama won and earned the National Championship, but it was unfortunate for LSU to draw them again.
Al Bula
AG
Not Aggie football related. Vote down.

When I heard this, my first thought was:

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That's why y'all have lost to Saban every year since then right?

What a load of ****.
Aggies1322
AG
A. You took it too seriously.
B. If you're the better team, it shouldn't matter how many times you line up against someone, you should beat them.
C. You took it too seriously.
Hot Boudin
quote:

What a load of ****.
Nope, not at all.

Terrible 2 minute drill prevent defense accounted for 2 of the last 3 losses. The other losses since then were because Bama was better.
dachsie
I contacted my cousin who is in the Delta Theta Sigma sorority and suggested to her to talk to the leaders to see if the sororities and frats could collect donations during halftime for relief efforts. She was going to talk to them!
dachsie
quote:
quote:

Oh and you all would have never done that if it were your game that this affected I am sure.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

What a load of ****.
Nope, not at all.

Terrible 2 minute drill prevent defense accounted for 2 of the last 3 losses. The other losses since then were because Bama was better.

Just like the year y'all lost to them in the national championship.
dachsie
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There was no way either team would have won twice that year.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh and you all would have never done that if it were your game that this affected I am sure.

I'll tell you what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't have gone to the LSU message board to start a "man it really sucks for them, but we really are super generous" thread about an A&M and South Carolina game.
Hot Boudin

quote:
B. If you're the better team, it shouldn't matter how many times you line up against someone, you should beat them.

So the better team should always win. That's why Michael Jordan and the bulls swept every NBA finals...Oh wait

That's why the favorite always wins in college football...Oh wait

The better team doesn't always win.

Bama won the National Championship fair and square, but would it have benefitted LSU to play a different team in the National Championship game than Bama? Unequivocally Yes

I only posted this because someone posted that Les Miles catches every break.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

No one is saying that we wouldn't. But we are just having a laugh at a guy who obviously posted this on another fan bases forum that has nothing to do with the issue, just because he wants people to compliment him. It's all tongue in cheek.
dachsie
quote:

What a load of ****.
No that would be because of third and Chavis

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.