Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The ANSWERS Are Here - 12th Man Foundation Monthly Q & A!

3,725 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AG1996
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From TexAgs Sponsor, 12th Man Foundation:

Angry Beaver
Q: Will Wi-Fi and cellular signal be reliable this Saturday for all cellular carriers, or only for specific ones?
A: The plan is for the IBM Wi-Fi network to be up and running on Saturday. The Texas A&M System has signed agreements with Verizon and AT&T to help boost cell service in the stadium.

19AG84
Q: Were people that got their season tickets via Flashseats, not given commemorative first game tickets? A: The commemorative ticket sheet will be sent to Flashseats users at the end of the season.

AggieBQ95
Q: How are we able to have a well thought out website for the Kyle Field Development project, yet the one for the 12thMan Foundation is so poor and doesn't support mobile browsing?
A: The 12th Man Foundation is in the process of upgrading our website to accommodate better flow and mobile browsing. An official roll-out date has not been set but it should be soon.

BQ92
Q: Will all Kyle field concessions stands be open, stocked, and staffed each game?
A: Aggie Hospitality is continually striving to provide the best products with the best customer service to all of our fans in Kyle Field.

aggie59
Q: Traffic flow from Kyle Field parking after game?
A: Please visit: http://gameday.12thman.com/park.html#exitroutes

smithrv
Q: Will the NW Loge have access to the Zone Club facilities in the same manner as the NE Loge does?
A: No, the NW Loge and SW Loge do not have connectivity to club areas. They do have their own lounge shared only by other Loge patrons.

Ronnie
Q: Why did we go with a track around Kyle Field? It seems like grass would have worked fine - it did last year.
A: While it is not a "track" in the traditional sense of the word, it is a synthetic material that outlines the field. The reason for the synthetic material over grass is that it will allow better traffic movement on the sidelines and will be resistant to rain, i.e. it will not turn to mud. It will also allow for a full march in by the Corps.

mgreen
Q: Will the 12th man support a campaign to raise money for Spence park like you did for Kyle?
A: The 12th Man Foundation will not be raising money for this project.

Fitch
Q: Are there any early thoughts on how the stadium facilities/spaces will tie into the upcoming conference center hotel at Cain hall (ie event programming, not physically)? A: It is still too early to know how this will work.

Southlake Ag
Q: What will be the status of Capital Campaign Contributions going forward? If a current season ticket holder has paid up his Capital Campaign Contribution, but decides to upgrade his seats next year, will there be a new Capital Campaign Contribution required for the new seats? Credit for the old Capital Campaign Contribution?
A: There will be a new capital campaign contribution for the seats that have been upgraded. The donor will receive a credit for the portion of the capital contribution that they have already paid.

rafjaf
Q: Are there any renovations planned for the Zone Club interior? It is the only area that has not been updated and looks worn and old (as of last week).
A: At this point we are focusing on the 2015 season. At some point we will sit down and identify areas that need to be upgraded.

Great CaesarsGhost
Q: I have seen artist renderings (either official or maybe just wishful thinking) of spotlights (maroon? Is that even possible?) shooting into the sky at the 4 corners of the stadium.
A: The maroon lights were a concept for the entry towers early in the process. They have since been removed from the project.
Q: I am also having this problem. I still haven't received my tickets, called a week ago and was told they would be mailed. They should have been sent UPS or FEDEX so I can track them. Should I wait and hope they arrive, or call tomorrow and demand another set be shipped overnight?
A: Call into the ticket office and talk to a representative. Number is: 1 (888) 99-AGGIE (992-4443) or (979) 845-2311.

Here at the 12th Man Foundation we get a lot of questions that many TexAgs users have in common.
This is Month 4 of our regular thread to give you accurate and timely information about the subjects that the TexAgs community so passionately cares about. Answers to the chosen questions will be posted on Friday of this week.

The topic for September is Questions about Kyle Field.

Just a few pointers to keep this thread helpful for everybody:

• Limit of two questions per poster
  • Questions should be on the topic for that month
We look forward to hearing from you all!

Mark Riordan
Vice President - Marketing & Communications
mark@12thmanfoundation.com
979-260-7989

Join the 12th Man Foundation.
www.12thmanfoundation.com
86 Tex Ag
AG
Please provide some details regarding wi-fi connectivity at Kyle. Is it accessible to all fans in all parts of the stadium? Is there any password to know?
BadAggie
AG
1. Whose ass do I need to kiss to get into the cool suites at new Kyle?
2. How much does each 12th Man Foundation member need to contribute in order to hire a decent Offensive Coordinator?
AGDAD14
1) My first question is in regards to the new statues at Kyle Field. How and why was the decision made to build a new E. King Gill 12th Man statue to replace the old one donated by the class of 1980 (what was wrong with the old one, was it an unanimous vote, and was the class of 1980 involved); is the Board of Trustees of the 12th Man Foundation happy/pleased with the artistic design/look of the new War Hymn monument, and what well known, recognizable posture/hand-sign position is the Yell Leader monument representing?

2) Why was it necessary to allow current ticket-holders to buy extra seats, with unlimited number in certain sections, during the first phase of the re-seating process of Kyle Field before all current ticket-holders had an opportunity to participate/renew? Please give a detailed description of the discussions and/or debates of how this decision evolved and what other alternatives were considered. (Does the Board of Trustees have any concern about how much "piggy-backing" incurs in the ticket process and whether or not it is detrimental to the mission/vision of the 12th Man Foundation?)

Third question in case you don't prefer the first two... why isn't the west side more symmetrical and why doesn't the south side mirror the north end zone? (Why were the west side seats near the end zone not angled/turned to look down the field... as is the case at AT&T and NRG stadiums in the club and box seats.)

Oh by the way, our family is going to enjoy our new Club seats! Only in Aggieland can a 2014 graduate who started giving her freshman year become one of the top 5,000 donors.... and jump from North end zone seats to club seats in five short years. (As a proud Aggie dad of the first Aggie in the family, I think the 12th Man Foundation has a problem... called greed.)

Thanks for the opportunity.

P.S. My daughter's grandfather was once mayor of Alan Roberts hometown, Refugio.
Charlie Moran
AG
Why does it take sooooooooooo long to get our road game tickets ?
We play arky in less than 3 weeks.
86 Tex Ag
AG
ttt
ahlongslide
AG
Why is this purple?

Pro Ag
AG
Is the opposing band going to be put in the same place this season? The placement made them sound louder than the Aggie band in section 126.
AG1996
Ok Easy Question.

My seats are in 245 (Second level of the south end zone in the SW corner) Can I use the escalators in the NW tower and walk through the west side to the south end zone or do I need to just use the ramps in the SW corner? I suspect access through the west side stands is limited to the upper levels.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.