Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Top upcoming story on FoxSports

2,519 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by dreyOO
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Strong on the hotseat?
oldarmy1
AG
Wow. I thought it was goong to be a lame setup piece about being only year 2, blah blah blah.

Every commentator said "yes, he has a short (pun intended) window to get it done. Times be a changing..
Bonfire96
AG
But tu can't afford the buyout. They are stuck with him for at least 2 more years!
Ridge14
Clay Travis and the FS1 Friday night show was pretty solid last night.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
Wow. I thought it was goong to be a lame setup piece about being only year 2, blah blah blah.

Every commentator said "yes, he has a short (pun intended) window to get it done. Times be a changing..

I have been saying this since it was rumored he was getting the gig. No one in Austin ever intended Strong to be successful. No one.
TexanJeff
AG
quote:
But tu can't afford the buyout. They are stuck with him for at least 2 more years!

Lol why?
Bonfire96
AG
If fired "without cause", tu would owe him ~$20 million. Uncle Joe and Uncle Red aren't going to write that big of a check, so look for tu to find a "cause" to get rid of him.
Meximan
quote:
tu could afford $200m in buyouts if they felt like it. The trouble is, do they really feel like carrying that much dead money? I'd say no.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

I have been saying this since it was rumored he was getting the gig. No one in Austin ever intended Strong to be successful. No one.

What?
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
tu could afford $200m in buyouts if they felt like it. The trouble is, do they really feel like carrying that much dead money? I'd say no.
There was a time, although exaggerated, that might have been true. Not anymore. The tu athletic department is operating in the red and their reserves are way down thanks to several costly buy-outs for Brown, Barnes, and Strong's buy-out at Louisville.

BMDs hate Patterson and are sitting on their wallets. Ticket sales are way down, continuing a five year trend.

They can't afford a new tennis center, not to mention doing something about the Erwin Center or building a new basketball arena, and some long-planned stadium renovations to DKR. Patterson has been a disaster, although Dodds left him a financial house of cards.
PharmD4
AG
Short windows are no problem for Strong. Pretty sure the guy would be fine with a doggy door.
dreyOO
I think he'll at least four years. They aren't paying $10m in addition to another buyout for a potential coach. You know the new guy will get at least $5m because they are the Joneses. So you're looking at around $20m upfront. Good luck with that. The lack of season ticket sales will continue to impact them as long as they're in the BDF.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.