Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

as game approaches I'm getting more concerned about officiating....

10,800 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ric Clark
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
just got a feeling we're gonna get screwed by the BDF officials. Phantom holding calls for our offense and ASU getting away with tackling MG and DH.
Cris_Dishman
Blaming the refs 3 days before the game. I love Texags.
Aggies1322
AG
I feel you homie, refs always scheme to ruin us... in every sport.
redd38
AG
Of course we're gonna get screwed by the refs... It's football. They screw all the teams.
permabull
AG
STX Ag
AG
quote:
just got a feeling we're gonna get screwed by the BDF officials. Phantom holding calls for our offense and ASU getting away with tackling MG and DH.

Eww look at me everyone, I have BAS.
Wabs
AG
BAS is a biotch. OP has an extreme case of the biotch.
Sid Farkas
AG
quote:
I'm concerned that kyle allen will play so well, kyler will transfer and Sumlin will get hired by the NFL
Quick!! Someone pls get Sumlin another raise!!
chipotle
Damn. We already ran out of time.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
How do you know BDF officials will be used?

I would think it would be PAC (whatever number they use) or SEC officials.

Usually both schools have that in the contract.

I don't see how either school would want to use BDF officials.

ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
How do you know BDF officials will be used?

I would think it would be PAC (whatever number they use) or SEC officials.

Usually both schools have that in the contract.

I don't see how either school would want to use BDF officials.

Already been announced bro. It's not a home and home. It's a game organized and sponsored by Advocare, hence the neutral site and "neutral" refs.
bigblackag12
AG
THE FIX IS IN!
Rocco S
quote:
Blaming the refs 3 days before the game. I love Texags.

Why is this a silly suggestion? TAMU losing the game would be absolutely beneficial to the b12, and their officials have a history of doing what's best for the conference.
MarathonAg03
AG
How would A&M losing to a PAC-12 opponent be "absolutely beneficial" to the Big 12?
AggFan41
quote:
How would A&M losing to a PAC-12 opponent be "absolutely beneficial" to the Big 12?
how is it not? One loss sec will not get in over a no loss b12. tu officials would love to throw the game against A&M, even if its not tu in the hunt. Call me paranoid but yeah I see what OP is getting at.
JimbloFisher
AG
quote:
quote:
how is it not? One loss sec will not get in over a no loss b12. tu officials would love to throw the game against A&M, even if its not tu in the hunt. Call me paranoid but yeah I see what OP is getting at.

But a one loss PAC12 would get in over an undefeated b12?
AggFan41
quote:

We arent talking about a pac loss in this case, hes saying if the b12 refs throw the game in favor of pac to spite A&M etc.
AnalogyAg

Rocco gets it- some of you are cute with your BAS comments, but clueless.

Marathon- Texags' entry into and success in the big bad SEC has had a MAJOR detrimental impact on the flagship programs of the B12. the state and region is becoming more steeped in SEC influence every year.

believe me baylor and tcu ascending in place of OU and the other program that used to play football is NOT a good thing for the B12.

If you havent seen b12 screw teams over like kansas, tech, and iowa state- then you werent paying attention- period.
merch
No matter if you feel this set of refs will or won't be biased, it makes zero sense in this situation for this to be a Big XII crew.

Bad or questionable calls against ATM only hurt the credibility of the league and big XII...it's not good for anybody.
JimbloFisher
AG
quote:
quote:

We arent talking about a pac loss in this case, hes saying if the b12 refs throw the game in favor of pac to spite A&M etc.

That doesn't answer how an A&M loss is any more beneficial to the b12 than an ASU loss, as it relates to the playoffs

Edit: I say that because your answer above regarding an A&M loss being "absolutely beneficial" to b12 seems to imply that's it's more beneficial than an ASU loss, again as it relates to the playoffs. I don't see it.
d78230
AG
Officiating will suck. Certainly won't b in our favor. Never has been.
Tango Mike
This sounds like a politics board conspiracy thread
Hamburger Dan
OP is probabally correct, give him stars.
CrottyKid
AG
My biggest concern is our corners being called for PI every play.
BMX Bandit
imacdane:

don't you know, the mean ol big 12 refs are out to get us!
Cris_Dishman
Holy crap this is hilarious. EVERYBODY HATES US, ITS A CONSPIRACY!!
zephyr88
AG
I'm just looking forward to the shredding...
saw em off
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
Holy crap this is hilarious. EVERYBODY HATES US, ITS A CONSPIRACY!!
Where the **** were you circa 2001-2011? Even if they don't screw us over on purpose, their officiating is going to be crap anyway.
TexasAggiesWin
S
3 days before the game and the excuses are already being formulated?
The Collective
AG
My prediction:

There were be missed calls.
There will be bad calls.
There will be plenty of right calls.

Pretty much, it will be like any other college football game. But if you are looking for a boogeyman, I'm sure you will find him.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That doesn't answer how an A&M loss is any more beneficial to the b12 than an ASU loss, as it relates to the playoffs

Edit: I say that because your answer above regarding an A&M loss being "absolutely beneficial" to b12 seems to imply that's it's more beneficial than an ASU loss, again as it relates to the playoffs. I don't see it.

I will make it simple for you.

An A&M loss benefits tu as the sip controlled media in the state needs all the ammo they can muster to lower the perception of A&M to try and raise the perception of tu to recruits.

tu, even though they suck, still rule the BDF.

The BDF refs do their masters bidding.

This one game has absolutely nothing to do with who does or doesn't get into the playoffs because I don't expect us to be a one loss team this year. But if the BDF refs can turn a 3 or 4 loss A&M team into a 4 or 5 loss team with this one game, it could have a big impact on recruits perception of the direction of the A&M program.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I will make it simple for you.

An A&M loss benefits tu as the sip controlled media in the state needs all the ammo they can muster to lower the perception of A&M to try and raise the perception of tu to recruits.

tu, even though they suck, still rule the BDF.

The BDF refs do their masters bidding.

This one game has absolutely nothing to do with who does or doesn't get into the playoffs because I don't expect us to be a one loss team this year. But if the BDF refs can turn a 3 or 4 loss A&M team into a 4 or 5 loss team with this one game, it could have a big impact on recruits perception of the direction of the A&M program.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
By the way, what is the over/under on the number of times Myles Garrett gets tackled and nothing gets called?
MTAggie
AG
quote:
This sounds like a politics board conspiracy thread
Except this is actually plausible.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.