Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Movement to stop the mid War Hymn Whoop!

9,135 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by P.C. Principal
saw em off
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SPREAD THE WORD!

[url=https://youtu.be/wmafzQtotFU?t=2m7s]If you need a reminder of how awful it is...[/url]
Post removed:
by user
Federale01
AG
While we are at it, can we stop the stupid "Hump it Ags" in the middle of the Spirit?
who?mikejones
AG
keep it together, ags. off season ends in less than a week.
Chickenhawk
I just made a movement.
ETFan
"Short! A-A-A-A! ggarba...awed off!"
Silver Taps
Just ENJOY the song. No Whoop.
SUPAGGIE
What you're asking is #impossible.
Silver Taps
Yeah, probably.
whatthecrunchyo
AG
Way to make mashed potatoes out of an ant hill OP.
LGBFJB
AG
Whooping after the 2nd Saw Varsity's Horns off is fine....but not the first.

.....and the "Hump it Ags" chant in the middle of the Spirit is the absolute worst thing new army does. It is terrible. Sounds stupid, and is NOT and NEVER has been a part of the Spirit. Please stop. Please.
thebubbaisin
AG
quote:
Whooping after the 2nd Saw Varsity's Horns off is fine....but not the first.

.....and the "Hump it Ags" chant in the middle of the Spirit is the absolute worst thing new army does. It is terrible. Sounds stupid, and is NOT and NEVER has been a part of the Spirit. Please stop. Please.
No, the worst thing new army does is yelling "LEFT" "RIGHT" right before sawing off. Just stop!

This sh*t almost never makes me mad, but I am so ******* ready for the season to start that everything has me on edge. It's mother ******* game week!

BTHOasu
P.C. Principal
How have people not figured out that whooping in the middle of the War Hymn throws off the rhythm completely? People have done it for years now and it sounds awful each and every time. How havent they figured it out yet?

[insert impending Aggie joke]
Philip J Fry
AG
What's the point of yell leaders of they aren't going to new army not to do stupid crap like this?
Post removed:
by user
LGBFJB
AG
I agree with you that the "left right" crap needs to stop too. I forgot about that one. Nothing else really bothers me but these 3 things do.

1. "Hump it Ags" in the middle of the Spirit
2. The "Left/Right" BS in the War Hymn
3. The Whooping after the 1st Saw Varsity.

ALL OF THESE ARE WRONG. PLEASE STOP DOING IT.
Philip J Fry
AG
They also lead yell practice. What's your point?
runontexas
AG
Agree
Post removed:
by user
P.C. Principal
quote:
quote:
What's the point of yell leaders of they aren't going to new army not to do stupid crap like this?

My point is that they have a purpose other than going to new army not to do stupid crap like this.
They could always make an announcement at midnight yell. Tell people to not whoop, maybe the word would spread.
Post removed:
by user
Aggielandma12
AG
I agree, it's like having to stop and whip out right before you bust one. It's not the same if you can continue with the motion non stop.
Chickenhawk
Grandma likes creampies. Ss updated.
saw em off
quote:
Everytime I read your username I read "Aggiegrandma12". It was particularly disturbing this time.
Everytime I read a reply like this, I wish I had stars for the laugh/cry emo.
P.C. Principal
quote:
quote:
Everytime I read your username I read "Aggiegrandma12". It was particularly disturbing this time.
Everytime I read a reply like this, I wish I had stars for the laugh/cry emo.
Poors
Agustus Caesar
AG
both have been happening at least since I enrolled in the fall of 99.
Doubt it will change now.
Philip J Fry
AG
Hump it ags during the War Hymn was not happening when I was there from 99-05 from what I recall.
MouthBQ98
AG
Total fail by yell leaders and fish camp about 16 years back or so. It helped when whooping after yells and wildcats was only an "earned" junior/senior privilege that was respected and the juniors and seniors KNEW when to whoop and when not to by observing their predecessors as fish and sophomores...

Now everyone is too self important to wait for their turn to exercise traditional class privileges, which was a lot of the fun of the traditions...anticipating your turn.
agsalaska
AG
quote:
both have been happening at least since I enrolled in the fall of 99.
Doubt it will change now.

Wrong. I graduated in 00, class of 99. I went away for about 10 years, came back, and heard the hump it ags in the middle of the Spirit. It couldn't be much worse. I beg them to stop that nonsense.
MouthBQ98
AG
It built up in the 2000's as a few self-appointed persons felt the need to instruct everyone regarding the obvious, and then a bunch of dumb naive fish thought it was cute or cool to mirror it and it just snowballed. It is stupid, but probably irreversible as enough morons will always keep doing it so that it will be all new classes of fish ever learn. Might as well savor the blind stupidity of it
JJxvi
AG
Hump it Ags was dumb and existed from 1999-2003 but it wasn't the entire freaking student body doing it so that it sounded like part of the song like it does now.
Stone Cold
AG
Freakin new army bull crap
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:

You don't think grandma's know how it's done?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.