Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The 12th Man Tradition - History, trademark, agreements, etc.

2,824 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by nai06
TexasA&MUniversity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy TexAgs!

For years, we have gotten questions about the 12th Man tradition, history, trademark, agreements, contracts, and more. Today, we are launching a site where you can get all of your 12th Man questions answered, read the usage agreements, and maybe even learn some new things about our most well-known tradition.

12thMan.tamu.edu
98WFSCAG
AG
Always the only true Home of the 12th Man!
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Gig 'em
JaxDad
Quito
AG
Great job! I just sent this to my buddy in Seattle.
West Point Aggie
AG
**** you tea sips! (<--- has nothing to do with the OP...just felt like saying it!)
SeattleAgJr
Good link, but you left out the part where the concept of the 12th Man was already in existence prior to the EKG event.
nai06
AG
The current earliest known use of 12th Man at A&M was in the fall of 1921 and had nothing to do with E.K. Gill. I know because I found the article in cushing in 2005 and passed it on to a lawyer working on the litigation in 2005.

Snooter
AG
Found a small error. Under 1941, it references the 12th Man song being sung after the Aggies lose. IIRC we never lose, only run out of time...
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Found a small error. Under 1941, it references the 12th Man song being sung after the Aggies lose. IIRC we never lose, only run out of time...
Yeah, we ran out of time at 77-0....
ag-bq-seventy
AG
quote:
Good link, but you left out the part where the concept of the 12th Man was already in existence prior to the EKG event.
Yes, the words were used before EKG, but the "concept," as you call it, began with EKG. This shows that you really don't understand the "concept" at all.
WestAustinAg
AG
quote:
The current earliest known use of 12th Man at A&M was in the fall of 1921 and had nothing to do with E.K. Gill. I know because I found the article in cushing in 2005 and passed it on to a lawyer working on the litigation in 2005.

Randolph Duke - I see you...
aggiehawg
AG
Interesting enough is that the boisterous cadets yelling and shouting when other teams were on offense was considered "poor sportsmanship" by our more <ahem> "refined" brethren in the SWC. Almost convinced themselves we were cheating somehow.

By the 50's, such concerns were dropped, although the sentiment that A&M was full of coarse, brutish lower class students remained.
Al Bula
AG
Protecting the brand. I dig it.

Somewhere on the northwest side of Houston, a cuckolded tsip named Charles Satterfield --- AKA Randolph Duke on tsip fan sites --- is butthurt and his head is about to explode.
nai06
AG
quote:
quote:

Thats not me, but that ahole has been using my research as his own
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats not me, but that ahole has been using my research as his own
May I presume he has been selectively editing said research??
nai06
AG
Who knows. He was linking to my photobucket account for the longest time. Ive since pulled a lit of that stuff down. I don't know is he saved any copies or not but a lot of his older posts now have broken links
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.