Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Trey Williams Redskins camp footage

14,227 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ex-liberalag12
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice!

https://instagr.am/p/5q548GlN-O
TexanJeff
AG
Breaking ankles son
MooseAg13
AG
He'll go down on first contact.
aTmDave
AG
Just like he did for us when he had the most yards per carry for us the last two years and never got the ball??? I can't wait to see him play on Sundays!
MicheIangeIo
AG
1 play
bfvp
Good luck TW!
Motel California
S
Can't pass block
Broseph
AG
Wish we could have found a way to use him more
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Breaking ankles son

Dem jump cuts still vicious
Citizen Reign
quote:
Can't pass block

So don't find another way to use him?
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Can't pass block

Neither can some other APB/situational backs. But they still carve out some nice little careers. And he can return kicks pretty well too.
AggieJ29
AG
It's pathetic that we didn't use Trey more. Sumlin will have a great run at A&M, but that will be one of the great black marks on his tenure here in my opinion. I don't give a **** if he can't pass block. There are countless elite playmakers in the NFL who can't pass block.
shano0603
AG
He looks like he's put on some weight
jdls13
AG
Dude's explosive. Could be a great 3rd down Darren Sproles type back.
Rutedown
Can't pass block was an easy excuse as to why he didn't get the ball more. With his skills you find other creative ways to keep getting him the ball. I hope he does well in the NFL.
LatinAggie1997
AG
TW
Slwdsm
quote:
It's pathetic that we didn't use Trey more. Sumlin will have a great run at A&M, but that will be one of the great black marks on his tenure here in my opinion. I don't give a **** if he can't pass block. There are countless elite playmakers in the NFL who can't pass block.

Sounds like a black eye ...
GetThoseKeysMilo
TW, on game day, was far and away our best running back. I'm still confused as to why they refused to let him play more.
greg.w.h
AG
Our single setback is essentially like a specialized chessboard piece: he performs a strategic role in the spread that is used to manage linebackers and safeties to some extent and especially to recognize and respond to extra rushers (both the QB and the setback have a role in recognition and response.)

It's not a simple tailback which is why they spend so much time adjusting the setback relative to the QB.

We saw the same doghouse effect with C-Mike. Malena on the other hand was not nearly as effective of a runner but never got quashed for carries because he learned and executed the role including being aware of downfield blocking when JFF did his thing.

The question is who was being lazier: the RBs in the doghouse or the coaches. I vote for the coaches though after some point it is easier to focus on the main thing than on the disguise.
Fredd
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
He went undrafted. If he was the amazing and under utilized weapon some of you guys believe he was, somebody would have used at least a late round pick on him.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
He'll go down on first contact.

Don't know what TW you watched but he rarely went down first contact. He usually pushed defenders forward and always found a way for a few extra yards.

His issues are and always have been pass blocking and that he isn't big enough to carry the load as a feature guy.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Dude's explosive. Could be a great 3rd down Darren Sproles type back.

Sproles can pass protect. Twill not only didn't, but often avoided the rushing defender. He needs to move to the slot and be a guy that catches in space or takes the ball on sweeps and end arounds. Either that or learn how to protect his qb.
Maroon_Liquid

Regardless of the "pass blocking issues while here, he was one of my favorite recruits ever and he and Matt Davis brought the AGGSWAGG Movement and the cool factor back to us even when the Administration fired Mike Sherman. They could have easily gone somewhere else. They didn't. He was arguably the greatest high school running back EVER in high school, and I too felt he was under utilized at A&M. He is a "Barry Sanders-esque" type runner and I believe he will do very well at the next level. The Redskins got a steal.
TexAgII
AG
TW!
"In the long run, we get no more than we have been willing to risk giving." Sheldon Kopp
BMX Bandit
argueably the greatest HS running back ever?

Really?
Maroon_Liquid
quote:
argueably the greatest HS running back ever?

Really?
I didn't say was, I said arguably. You could make a case, but then you have to throw in Earl Campbell among others. i think it's fair to say he is in the conversation.
BMX Bandit
He's not really in the conversation.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Take a closer look at the "defense" on that play.
Maroon_Liquid
quote:
He's not really in the conversation.
I meant in Texas. Forgot to mention that. Why do you think he isn't one of the best ever in Texas?
BMX Bandit
No. He's not even arguably one of best ever in Texas.

how many career rushing yards & TDs he have?
Arkansas Ag
Use him like KC used Dante Hall...
Matsui
AG
beast
Ag98inTexas
AG
He has the number 2 all-time single season rushing yard record at 3890 yds according to DCTF (2 yards ahead of Jonathan Gray the same year). But he's not in the top 8 for career yardage.
bearkatag15
AG
quote:
No. He's not even arguably one of best ever in Texas.

how many career rushing yards & TDs he have?

http://247sports.com/Player/Trey-Williams-894?Institution=23750

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.