Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Another recruit to Ole Miss...

13,279 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MidTnAg
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Sometimes the truth stings a bit.... But it's the truth.

If that is "truth", you live in a sad and shallow world and I really kind of feel sorry for you.
Aston04
AG
Dismiss the stipend- but when we pay $250 a month in extra cash and Ole Miss and others pay $500 a month-- that creates a huge uphill battle recruiting kids.

Again, that's a freaking car pmt extra every freaking month! And they aren't even cheating- so they can advertise it. We are freaking screwed unless it's fixed.

Leap Day William
The COA stipend is an example of how stupid the NCAA is. It seems like the right thing to do but the execution by the NCAA has made it a cluster. They should have required all schools to turn in a COA number and then come up with a number every school had to adhere too.

Otherwise you have end up with the mess we have now.
Houstonag
AG
Sumlin and his boys need to win, and keep winning. That is the only answer. Play harder smarter and do not make mistakes, or at least minimize.
The Collective
AG
Yep, COA implementation is plain dumb. A&M should announce a higher figure and announce that they just made it up out of thin air and dare the NCAA to justify some type of ramifications. Go all in and force the NCAA to make a real decision with guidelines that make sense.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Lets see where A&M and Ole Miss end up in recruiting in February. I think A&M is going to do better than the 'experts' are predicting this season and I think Ole Miss will do worse.

beerad12man
AG
Another guy we stopped recruiting that leads to a melt down.

I'm not saying all is well with recruiting and sure, I'd like to be doing better than the 25th composite class in the country, but at least learn some things before melting down. Like how we haven't been recruiting this guy hard because there's about a dozen DB prospects we currently like better, including 2 that are committed to us.
BowhunterAg83
AG
quote:
Sumlin and his boys need to win, and keep winning. That is the only answer. Play harder smarter and do not make mistakes, or at least minimize.
^^^^This will help!!!

Players are looking for national recognition, money, ride, nice house, easy eligibility, path to the NFL, place to party.

200-300$/ month is nice, but the real bag man is bringing 6 figures. NCAA football is very profitable!

Huge business.

Whether we like it or not, Mahlzan, Freeze are offensive wizards. Both are building nasty defenses!

Sec is brutally competitive! We have 8 teams that could win or finish second in any other conference!

Leap Day William

quote:
Whether we like it or not, Mahlzan, Freeze are offensive wizards.

malzahn yes, freeze no. freeze does have a great DC though.
thebubbaisin
AG
quote:
Another guy we stopped recruiting that leads to a melt down.

I'm not saying all is well with recruiting and sure, I'd like to be doing better than the 25th composite class in the country, but at least learn some things before melting down. Like how we haven't been recruiting this guy hard because there's about a dozen DB prospects we currently like better, including 2 that are committed to us.
This guy gets it
Maroon Flash
AG
Jaylon Jones had a Texas A&M offer.

Oxford is a backwards hotbed of lingering racism. I know because I live near Oxford.

To compare the OM facilities to Texas Aggies facilities is laughable.

To compare the OM post graduate good old boy network to the Aggie jobs network is beyond laughable.

I guess OM just did a good job of recovering from the beatdown the toads gave them.
Aftermath
AG
A lot of folks here have their heads in the sand. Hopefully the coaches and powers that be do not. To deny that these smaller schools ( Ole Miss, Baylor,TCU, Arky) are not a threat is plain stupid... We better check our egos at the door... Our last championship was 1939.... At present the state of our program compared to theirs would put us as 4th or 5th in this group...... But hey, let's keep telling ourselves that we're above them, better than them, no need to worry about them........Try running a business that way and see how far it gets you.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
A lot of folks here have their heads in the sand. Hopefully the coaches and powers that be do not. To deny that these smaller schools ( Ole Miss, Baylor,TCU, Arky) are not a threat is plain stupid... We better check our egos at the door... Our last championship was 1939.... At present the state of our program compared to theirs would put us as 4th or 5th in this group...... But hey, let's keep telling ourselves that we're above them, better than them, no need to worry about them........Try running a business that way and see how far it gets you.

You said top 10%'s impact on girls is causing our recruiting to stumble. Not exactly in position to throw stones.

And nobody is saying we are in a good place - just saying your reasoning for why is laughably flawed in every way imaginable.
Aftermath
AG
No, I said that the rule has made the other places popular and attractive . To 18 year olds, popular and attractive is everything.Ive got a house full of college age boys . They attended a prominent( athletic and academic) high school. All were multi sport athletes in high school. I'm not making this stuff up.these other schools are popular and growing directly because of the top10% rule. They are not going away.
BowhunterAg83
AG
quote:
No, I said that the rule has made the other places popular and attractive . To 18 year olds, popular and attractive is everything.Ive got a house full of college age boys . They attended a prominent( athletic and academic) high school. All were multi sport athletes in high school. I'm not making this stuff up.these other schools are popular and growing directly because of the top10% rule. They are not going away.
I would not say the 10% rule made the schools popular, but necessary. The reason Students leave the state is a totally different reason than football players.
Their are plenty of beautiful women around college station to keep 85 football players happy.

Players go to schools :

1. where THEY can play on TV at the highest level of competition.

2. Live in a great apartment, have a lot of spending MONEY, and a ride

3. Plenty of great places to party

4, Best path to the NFL

That's it.

The top teams and programs are very creative with the money. College football is a very profitable business!
Odd that your boys find beauty and brains mutually exclusive.
marble rye
AG
quote:
We weren't even recruiting this kid.
Slwdsm
Newsflash, we lost our best recruiting coach to a HC position...

You guys are ridiculous.
TXAGBQ76
AG
FYI, Ole Miss contended for the West/SEC last season and were ranked in the top two nationally for a while
W
AG
one thing for sure...a lot more Texas high school players are on SEC rosters. The Ags' conference mates are enjoying recruiting the Lone Star State
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
quote:
We weren't even recruiting this kid.

We actually weren't. Why do you find that amusing? You do realize that offers don't stay open and commitable forever right? A&M moved on from this particular kid a while ago.
permabull
AG
marble rye
AG
I was laughing at the thread and outrage. Not your post.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
The COA Stipend strikes again...

Just stop. We werent even recruiting this kid. You act like COA is the end all be all only deciding factor. I get you want to drive your point and i think the COA is a hurdle we need to jump to level the field again, but its getting pretty ridiculous that any recruit we have offered that goes elsewhere causes a "we suck at recruiting" meltdown/outrage. Get a grip. Its not February yet. Try and find some optimism.
94chem
Ole Miss shows its recruits "The Blind Side." We show ours "The Junction Boys." Game over.
maroonthrunthru
Not outraged... Heck, none of this is worth outrage... However, kid had an offer from Ags...

The COA is going to be an issue, however...
BowhunterAg83
AG
Coa means nothing. Players don't go somewhere else for 300$/ month. A lot more money than that in play
MidTnAg
AG
The differences in COA will make some difference in some of the potential recruits, and may be a little more important to a few.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.