Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arky fan

9,250 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by stantxag
Btron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was checking into the Marriott in Addison when this young kid, chin strap beard, chubby, pale, wrinkled suit, working the front desk looks at my ring and asked "Tech or A&M?" I said "A&M." He proceeds to boo me, throw thumbs down, then ask the other kid that he is training to give me the worst room in the hotel. I had been traveling all day, and long meetings, I didn't comment. He proceeds to say that we suck some more, they should have beat us, he hates aggies, on and on. I got my key, went to the room, and crashed. I woke up still annoyed and felt that I should say something. So I told the manager what had happened and before I could describe him,the manger goes "oh I know who you're talking about. He does this all the time, I'm going to have to suspend him"
AND THAT'S WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO TO THEM AGS!
aggiebrad94
AG
I love the fun part of rivalries and the kidding that happens. Sounds like he went overboard. I would have said something too.
skippytimmy
AG
I work in the hotel business... you did the right thing. I would be furious is one my staff acted that way, even if they were Aggie fans.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
You chose poorly. Sumlin woulda stared him to death.

Also, you had a golden opportunity to pull an Ike from Tombstone by *****-slapping him with your ring back-handed and telling him you "don't take no lip from no damn hotel clerk."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe he was having trouble at home with the wife/cousin.
Obejuan03
AG
At the end of the day, take some pity on the man. He is both a hotel clerk and an Arky fan. That evokes tremendous sympathy, not anger
rangerdanger
AG
You should of reminded him that it's a good thing that his school has such close ties with Wal Mart. Should help in the job hunt transitioning from hotel counter to cashier counter.
Capt. America
AG
Damn piggies. Never has a mascot been more appropriate for a Fanbase.

Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
Maybe he was having trouble at home with the wife/sister.

FIFY
Quito
AG
Coulda, shoulda, woulda!

Kid shoulda picked a better school and major! Then he wouldn't be stuck at a hotel lobby
hillcountryag86
AG
quote:
Maybe he was having trouble at home with the wife/cousin.
Excellent
annie88
AG
remind him of this woman.... (although I thought she was kinda funny)

ATX_AG_08
AG
quote:

Also, you had a golden opportunity to pull an Ike from Tombstone by *****-slapping him with your ring back-handed and telling him you "don't take no lip from no damn hotel clerk."
I would have gone Lonesome Dove: "Now, besides the hotel room, I think I'll require a little respect."
agz win
AG
I would follow up with certified letter to the corporate office requesting some future comps.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Should have told him he must really hate his job and that you'll fix it for him.
annie88
AG
quote:
Should have told him he must really hate his job and that you'll fix it for him.
Chandlauch
quote:

underrated post
hunter2012
AG
quote:

Or:

"Sorry piggie, maybe football isn't your game..."

Capt. America
AG
quote:
Coulda, shoulda, woulda!

Kid shoulda picked a better school and major! Then he wouldn't be stuck at a hotel lobby

You're assuming the idiot got into college?
Signel
AG
don't be a crybaby... i get annoyed with stupid fans of other teams but never take it personal..
Space91
AG
quote:
I was checking into the Marriott in Addison when this young kid, chin strap beard, chubby, pale, wrinkled suit, working the front desk looks at my ring and asked "Tech or A&M?" I said "A&M." He proceeds to boo me, throw thumbs down, then ask the other kid that he is training to give me the worst room in the hotel. I had been traveling all day, and long meetings, I didn't comment. He proceeds to say that we suck some more, they should have beat us, he hates aggies, on and on. I got my key, went to the room, and crashed. I woke up still annoyed and felt that I should say something. So I told the manager what had happened and before I could describe him,the manger goes "oh I know who you're talking about. He does this all the time, I'm going to have to suspend him"
He does it all of the time? What kind of a moron is this guy?
skippytimmy
AG
quote:
don't be a crybaby... i get annoyed with stupid fans of other teams but never take it personal..
So when I ate at a Steakhouse on the river in San Antonio (with an Aggie hat on) in 2001, and the waiter starts the night off asking how many aggies does it take to build a bonfire... I just should not be a crybaby?

OR MAYBE teach the guy there is a time and a place to be an obnoxious ass, and with a CUSTOMER is not that time. All it took was a short conversation with the restaurant manager (as I quickly left the restaurant).
Motel California
S
Unfortunately for the OP, he will now have the whole trailer park after him now
HighPlainsAg
In 1973, I went to Fayetteville. The pigs won 14-10. What I was amazed at was the general rudeness of the citizens of Arkansas. If you wore any A&M apparel, inclusive of Corps uniforms, waitresses would ignore you in restaurants. At the time, there were no self serve gas stations so an attendant was required to put gas in your car. If you had Texas license tags or an A&M sticker on your car, the attendants would either not come out or make you wait forever before coming out and providing service. I have decided that when it comes to t-shirt fans in Arkansas, there is an inverse proportional relationship between the exuberance of a hog fan and the grade of elementary school when they finally flunked out.

This was only outdone in Lubbock the same season when we played tceh. My parents ( Dad was Class of '27) and I had parked in the Furr's Cafeteria parking lot across 4th Street from Jones Stadium. Being in the Corps, I was in uniform. As we crossed 4th Street walking to the stadium, about 10-12 tceh frat rats walked by and called me a f'ing Nazi in front of my parents. My Irish Mother, who grew up in Brooklyn, wanted me to go kick butt. My Dad, a WWII veteran that received a reserve commission in the cavalry in '27, stated that I needed to use my head and "pick my battles". Dad prevailed. tceh won 28-16.

PyriteAg
AG
I kinda wonder what he would've said if you said "tech"
Motel California
S
You have more restraint than I do. I would have trolled then all into a fight and been totally satisfied with getting beat down knowing that at least two of them caught some blows
HighPlainsAg
Dario,

I appreciate you engaging in healthy discussion. How would the pronunciation of "tceh" be different from "tech"?

Motel California
S
quote:
Dario,

I appreciate you engaging in healthy discussion. How would the pronunciation of "tceh" be different from "tech"?

Tceh sounds like t-eck
Tech sounds like a bowel movement
HighPlainsAg
Kasey and Dario:

We have a point of agreement. Both pronunciations could be compared to borborygmi.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
The first question out of my mouth after he was done raving would have been, in the most polite tone ever: "so you went to Arkansas?" knowing full well he probably didn't.

If in fact he did, my next question would have been: "...and you work as a hotel clerk?"

Scenario 1, he's an annoying ass t-shirt fan. Scenario 2, he's an alum dogging you while employed at a job for which one only needs a GED.
Meximan
Meximan
quote:
The first question out of my mouth after he was done raving would have been, in the most polite tone ever: "so you went to Arkansas?" knowing full well he probably didn't.

If in fact he did, my next question would have been: "...and you work as a hotel clerk?"

Scenario 1, he's an annoying ass t-shirt fan. Scenario 2, he's an alum dogging you while employed at a job for which one only needs a GED.
You need a GED to click and type in an automated program?
aggiegreg93
AG
Throat punch his ass next time.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Calling BS. No way an arky could land a job as hotel desk clerk.
HookThis
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.